2024 PGA Tour | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

2024 PGA Tour

Except its not a PGA Tour event. Its a PGA of America event which is a totally different entity which has full control, ,management, administration and legal control over the event,

PGA includes the events results in its standings and its schedule -- that is it.
If LIV wanted to, it could the same thing.
The point remains the same. Wearing the LIV logo at any PGA-related event is an "up yours" to all things PGA. How's that? :)

Last edited:
The point remains the same. Wearing the LIV logo at any PGA-related event is an "up yours" to all things PGA. How's that? :)

Time for my annual PGA rant.

The thing is that many things PGA Tour related not that admirable right now. I'm fine with giving them a finger, even if I disagree with the reason Bryson did it - I'll agree its silliness from Bryson's end.

I just can't support the PGA tour as an organization right now. Note - I have no issue with the athletic event or most of the individual players, but the organization or membership they have formed is a different story. Its not LIV deplorable, but its not that virtuous either (if LIV is a 10 on that meter, than the PGA is at least a solid 5) ... especially when we look at PGA admin and the player reactions to the pseudo LIV merger last year, or their charity shenanigans the merits of which they generally misrepresent each week.

I support the players, and the quality of its athletic events from an entertainment perspective. That's what I do. And it sucks that LIV has hurt that to a degree and provided us with uninspiring events as a substitution.

And on an unrelated (or related?) matter, the PGA Tour has again ****** over the Canadian Open this year. Somehow, even more than last year. It's amazing they continue to do this to the largest ticket revenue generating non-signature event year after year. The field is getting so weak, that I may pass on attending this year.

Last edited:
Man.. the video doesn't really show what the police said happened..

When I heard yesterday that in conjunction with not dropping the charges, the Crown/Louisville PD was going to release the full video, I started to think maybe they do have some video of Scottie doing something that is quite reckless that might veer some opinion. Otherwise why release it and keep the charges.

And I was wrong.

Not sure whose interest it serves at this point. The LPD just looks stupid. Just have Scottie settle to do a few days charity work at a Louisville golf clinic for underprivileged kids, and be done with. Otherwise some will look stupid, and it won't be Scottie.

When I heard yesterday that in conjunction with not dropping the charges, the Crown/Louisville PD was going to release the full video, I started to think maybe they do have some video of Scottie doing something that is quite reckless that might veer some opinion. Otherwise why release it and keep the charges.

And I was wrong.

Not sure whose interest it serves at this point. The LPD just looks stupid. Just have Scottie settle to do a few days charity work at a Louisville golf clinic for underprivileged kids, and be done with. Otherwise some will look stupid, and it won't be Scottie.

I heard Scottie's lawyer say they're not interested in any sort of settlement. Either LPD drops this, or they're going to trial.
Crazy how apparently not one police officer had their body cams on. How is that possible? For their own protection, (and also reasons like this) those things should be rolling the second they leave their vehicle

I heard Scottie's lawyer say they're not interested in any sort of settlement. Either LPD drops this, or they're going to trial.
Crazy how apparently not one police officer had their body cams on. How is that possible? For their own protection, (and also reasons like this) those things should be rolling the second they leave their vehicle
Especially how good the golfers are with their wedges. They can slice deli meat so thin that you can practically see through it.

I'll add that Scottie more than likely would've been right there in contention late Sunday if not for this. The gravity of the situation hit him Friday night, leading to a crappy 3rd round Saturday. He still backdoored a T8.

If the cameras were always on, it would be net loss of the coppers. they know this.

If the cameras were always on, it would be net loss of the coppers. they know this.
1. Most cops are good people doing a difficult and sometimes thankless job.
2. Some cops are total @!$?, and became cops in order to misuse their authority. They get off on it.
3. Body cams should reduce the facist tactics, because it’s on record.
4. Body cams might increase citizen compliance if people believe their side of things is being recorded.

Tech question: I assume the cams don’t broadcast real time back to a control center, but shouldn’t a signal that the camera is on be able to be sent to a control center? If an officer is active and the camera isn’t on, calls are made to get it turned on.

Legal: As an attorney who has previously done criminal defense, a jury instruction that the jury may take a negative inference against the officer’s testimony if the officer failed to have their (functional) body cam turned on would be a great incentive for police to have it working.

1. Most cops are good people doing a difficult and sometimes thankless job.
2. Some cops are total @!$?, and became cops in order to misuse their authority. They get off on it.
3. Body cams should reduce the facist tactics, because it’s on record.
4. Body cams might increase citizen compliance if people believe their side of things is being recorded.

Tech question: I assume the cams don’t broadcast real time back to a control center, but shouldn’t a signal that the camera is on be able to be sent to a control center? If an officer is active and the camera isn’t on, calls are made to get it turned on.

Legal: As an attorney who has previously done criminal defense, a jury instruction that the jury may take a negative inference against the officer’s testimony if the officer failed to have their (functional) body cam turned on would be a great incentive for police to have it working.
the issue is why are they so often not on? Because the people who would benefit from them being on aren't turning them on? doubt that. people behave in their self interests. If the cameras are off, you can rest assured the person in control of it being off or on believes it to be in their interest for it to be off.

I'll add that Scottie more than likely would've been right there in contention late Sunday if not for this. The gravity of the situation hit him Friday night, leading to a crappy 3rd round Saturday. He still backdoored a T8.
Wonder if not having his regular caddy was a factor also? Maybe he would have been able to reel him back in when things started going sideways?

The video released yesterday that shows what really happened confirms Officer Gillis completely fabricated a story to cover his out of line handling of what should have been a simple discussion with the driver.

I have great respect for the police. It is a tough job and they put their lives on the line a lot.

But some people can’t handle the power of the position. They need desk jobs or better yet, jobs where they don’t interact with people at all. Does anyone know why the charges weren’t dropped immediately when it is so clear Scheffler was telling the truth and Gillis lied about everything?

the issue is why are they so often not on? Because the people who would benefit from them being on aren't turning them on? doubt that. people behave in their self interests. If the cameras are off, you can rest assured the person in control of it being off or on believes it to be in their interest for it to be off.
Totally agree, and right now there is no deterrent to that.
I wonder if the cameras can be motion activated?

Cameras not on is the same as why people dont want key loggers at work. It gets everything.

Things get said that mean nothing 95% of the time but its all reviewable. you make a comment about your boss he can find it and who doesnt do that?

Wonder if not having his regular caddy was a factor also? Maybe he would have been able to reel him back in when things started going sideways?
Having Teddy on the bag definitely would've helped. Big time.

Man.. the video doesn't really show what the police said happened..

Not surprised in the least. After watching and listening to the ESPN reporter's eyewitness (independent) version of events, it clearly didn't coincide at all with the officer's official report. The officer's apparent bs of being dragged on the ground, 'ripping his pants beyond repair,' etc. seemed somewhat fishy.

In my past life, prior to when there were cameras, video, etc. seemingly everywhere to document so much, I had experience with sworn statements, etc. from independent eyewitnesses that didn't align with the officer's official report. Rarely, would the officer amend his report. Nowadays, of course, actual footage of what transpired live typically trumps independent eyewitness testimony.

Last edited:
The video released yesterday that shows what really happened confirms Officer Gillis completely fabricated a story to cover his out of line handling of what should have been a simple discussion with the driver.

I have great respect for the police. It is a tough job and they put their lives on the line a lot.

But some people can’t handle the power of the position. They need desk jobs or better yet, jobs where they don’t interact with people at all. Does anyone know why the charges weren’t dropped immediately when it is so clear Scheffler was telling the truth and Gillis lied about everything?

The charges should be dropped and an apology issued, but it's a very sticky and politically fraught situation given the mix of media exposure, race, and LPD's past issues... It's not being handled like a normal case:

Also not his regular caddie on Saturday.

Not surprised in the least. After watching and listening to the ESPN reporter's eyewitness (independent) version of events, it clearly didn't coincide at all with the officer's official report. The officer's apparent bs of being dragged on the ground, 'ripping his pants beyond repair,' etc. seemed somewhat fishy.

In my past life, prior to when there were cameras, video, etc. seemingly everywhere to document so much, I had experience with sworn statements, etc. from independent eyewitnesses that didn't align with the officer's official report. Rarely, would the officer amend his report. Nowadays, of course, actual footage of what transpired live typically trumps independent eyewitness testimony.

The only thing ripping his pants beyond repair was the bs he was blowing out his ass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom