2024 PGA Tour | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2024 PGA Tour

Sadly this was suicide. Can’t imagine his parents grief.

Yeah you had to figure that was a possibility with his mental health history. He acted like an ahole at times but it began to make some sense when he opened up about it. It’s sad to see someone go when it seems they are just starting to turn their life around.

I like watching the Masters tournament, but the Masters leadership proves they are tone deaf again.

Multiple time domestic abuser and jailed Angel Cabrera will be back at the Masters next year as his visa issues are now cleared, and he will be allowed back in the US. And in the recent words of Augusta chair "We wish hum the best if luck and welcome him back". I understand if the Masters let him back in - but the statement below is way too glowing, How about a simple "If Angel clears his Visa issues, he will likely play again".

This is what Fred Ridley said a few months back. "Angel certainly is one of our great champions. As we all know, he has been unable to participate in the Masters the last couple of years due to legal issues. Presently we have been in constant contact with Angel’s representatives. He presently is not able to enter the United States. He doesn’t have a visa, and I know that that process is being worked through. We certainly wish him the best of luck with that, and we’ll definitely welcome him back if he’s able to straighten out those legal issues.”

Nelly Korda just made a 10 on a par 3!! I mean even Marsh has never done that.

Looking forward to the Canadian Open after reading this article about the course restoration:

Course has held up fairly well so far despite it being short... 27 players under par out of 78 that went out in the morning. Early look suggests the cutline will be around par, which is going to be lower than most non-signautre events (especially since the weather is not acting up)

The field is weak though. I have spoken out about it a number of times, but I'll summarize my comments.
- Totally understand why the PGA tour had to go the "signature" route as a response to LIV - it was a necessary call (although perhaps 8 events is a few too much as it dilutes the significant of them). And it was going to hurt the events that were not designated as signature, but they needed to do it.

I think 80 players for all of them is way too much. 80 takes away the prestige of making the event. Should be closer to 60, or perhaps a mix of 60/80.

- Still don't understand why the Harford Open gets signature status over Canadian Open. Or even the Heritage a tournament that almost died 10 years ago, because of lack of sponsors and ticket revenue . Or perhaps consider rotating the courses? A course like Colonial getting into the mix some years would be nice.

- And finally, why the heck are you surrounding a major event with two signature events. They should never line up 3 top events in a row. You kill the events around them, and even that 3rd sig event will lose some interest.. At least last year the Canadian Open was the week in front of the US Open -- now it was moved one further week forward.

- Finally Jay Monahan, who gloated in the success of the Canadian Open while confronting the LIV startup in June 2022 at St. George's, and how it was a symbol of how great the PGA tour was. And since then he has screwed the event twice in a row. You suck for this and other reasons.

Last edited:
Didn't know if I would go this year for various reasons, but will probably make the trip down to Toronto/Hamilton and watch round 3.
- I like to surround the golf with 2 jays games, and the Jays stink. And was hoping to catch Paul Skenes, but his rotation spot was yesterday.
- Field is weak, but Hamilton is a great course compared to Oakdale (23) and TPC Toronto (25).

video of Korda’s 10

The crowd still gives her the golf clap after sinking it on the 10th shot.
I think as a player there is a time you would hope they shut the heck up.

The crowd still gives her the golf clap after sinking it on the 10th shot.
I think as a player there is a time you would hope they shut the heck up.
That green looks like a hardwood floor. Lol

Course has held up fairly well so far despite it being short... 27 players under par out of 78 that went out in the morning. Early look suggests the cutline will be around par, which is going to be lower than most non-signautre events (especially since the weather is not acting up)

The field is weak though. I have spoken out about it a number of times, but I'll summarize my comments.
- Totally understand why the PGA tour had to go the "signature" route as a response to LIV - it was a necessary call (although perhaps 8 events is a few too much as it dilutes the significant of them). And it was going to hurt the events that were not designated as signature, but they needed to do it.

I think 80 players for all of them is way too much. 80 takes away the prestige of making the event. Should be closer to 60, or perhaps a mix of 60/80.

- Still don't understand why the Harford Open gets signature status over Canadian Open. Or even the Heritage a tournament that almost died 10 years ago, because of lack of sponsors and ticket revenue . Or perhaps consider rotating the courses? A course like Colonial getting into the mix some years would be nice.

- And finally, why the heck are you surrounding a major event with two signature events. They should never line up 3 top events in a row. You kill the events around them, and even that 3rd sig event will lose some interest.. At least last year the Canadian Open was the week in front of the US Open -- now it was moved one further week forward.

- Finally Jay Monahan, who gloated in the success of the Canadian Open while confronting the LIV startup in June 2022 at St. George's, and how it was a symbol of how great the PGA tour was. And since then he has screwed the event twice in a row. You suck for this and other reasons.
Pretty tired of you rants on this topic for a couple of reasons. One being that that the PGA tour changed the season schedule. Do you not understand what the "A" stands for in the PGA?

Secondly and more importantly... Never forget the War of 1812.

Pretty tired of you rants on this topic for a couple of reasons. One being that that the PGA tour changed the season schedule. Do you not understand what the "A" stands for in the PGA?

Secondly and more importantly... Never forget the War of 1812.

Man, that 1812 comment is great stuff. You should probably put me on ignore, as I am now doing to you. More than certain I'm not going to be missing much.

As an aside, legally the PGA Tour, stands for ... the PGA Tour. There are no words associated with any of the PGA letters. Beyond operating the main PGA Tour, it currently operates PGA Tour Canada & PGA Tour Latinoamerica (which have now merged), the Korn Ferry Tour, the Champions Tour, and it formerly operated PGA Tour China.

Last edited:
In Tiger's prime he rarely played the events before and after majors. I wonder if this schedule was played 20 yrs. ago Tiger would've said "I'm not changing my routine" and just cut the check for skipping too many signature events.

Association?
Professional Golfers’ Association of America (PGA of America), organization formed in the United States in 1916. By the early 21st century the PGA of America (often conventionally shortened to “PGA”) had a membership of more than 25,000 playing and teaching professionals. Its annual PGA Championship is one of the world’s four major golf tournaments.

Similar organizations exist in other countries (the PGA of Canada was founded in 1911).
And Canada invaded the US in 1812 (never forget).

Professional Golfers’ Association of America (PGA of America), organization formed in the United States in 1916. By the early 21st century the PGA of America (often conventionally shortened to “PGA”) had a membership of more than 25,000 playing and teaching professionals. Its annual PGA Championship is one of the world’s four major golf tournaments.

Similar organizations exist in other countries (the PGA of Canada was founded in 1911).
And Canada invaded the US in 1812 (never forget).

The PGA Tour is a totally separate entity from the PGA of America.
That split happened in 1968.

Talking about wars, the split between Tour Players and the PGA of America, was a very ugly situation when it happened.

The PGA of America only owns one event that is considered part of the main tour — the PGA Championship.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom