2024 PGA Tour | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2024 PGA Tour

Dechambeau did have a really clutch up and down to win.
But he had a number of other follies.

He also had a shitload of freaking great saves after wonky drives, and with some up-and-downs. I don't like the guy much, but he answered the bell. Give credit where it's due. :)

He also had a shitload of freaking great saves after wonky drives, and with some up-and-downs. I don't like the guy much, but he answered the bell. Give credit where it's due. :)

Yes he his main "mistakes other than one bad putt, was hitting 5 of 14 fairways. But he almost always recovered successfully from the driving mistakes with a number of good shots (through the entire event) He is a strong player out of the fairway rough.

He did have his one bad putt and the one drive he couldn't recover from near the end (last 4 holes). So bad timing on those, but luckily for him Rory made more mistakes in the last 4 holes.

It's crap like this that makes you miss Tiger even more.

Not all of Tiger's major wins were clean. One of his most entertaining wins, and iconic shots in a win, was surrounded by some really sloppy play down the stretch -- that being his 2005 Masters win (the greenside chip on 2016)

There was a lot of sloppy golf between both Tiger and Dimarco that added to the suspense which ended in a playoff.

Although in general Tiger's major wins were often him playing solid golf and avoiding mistakes in the final round, and others would hack it up under pressure,

When you hit it 20-40 yds further the saves become more manageable.

Look at the short par 4 that Rory hit over and birdies when his drives is probably 50-75 yds over without a grandstand on it..

You need breakes and Bryson got a few. He hit a wayward drive on the other par 4 that hit a person and instead of 30 yds into the woods he had a shot to almost git on the green.

When you hit it 20-40 yds further the saves become more manageable.

Look at the short par 4 that Rory hit over and birdies when his drives is probably 50-75 yds over without a grandstand on it..

You need breakes and Bryson got a few. He hit a wayward drive on the other par 4 that hit a person and instead of 30 yds into the woods he had a shot to almost git on the green.
Rory got a similar break on a shot he hooked.

Bottom line: Rory lost b/c he inexplicably missed two putts that no pro should ever miss.

Rory got a similar break on a shot he hooked.

Bottom line: Rory lost b/c he inexplicably missed two putts that no pro should ever miss.
you make 45 in a row and thats what it takes at that level you need those last 2.

Really thought Cantley and Finau hit the best shots the last 2 days but Finau had the one brain fart hole and missed a ton of putts. Cantley had too many mis reads that he needed to make

A 6 Man Texas Tornado Rules matchup on the golf course.

Last edited:
And at the same time, Bryson hits a bad drive into a big clump of wiregrass which the ball bounces off of into a nice clean lie.

And at the same time, Bryson hits a bad drive into a big clump of wiregrass which the ball bounces off of into a nice clean lie.

Make the putts and it doesn't matter.

Dechambeau did have a really clutch up and down to win.
But he had a number of other follies.
It was so funny listening to Brandel on the telecast clearly rooting against "blood on his hands" Bryson. Just bemoaning the fact that Bryson's off target drives were winding up with fortunate lies in the native areas.

Not all of Tiger's major wins were clean. One of his most entertaining wins, and iconic shots in a win, was surrounded by some really sloppy play down the stretch -- that being his 2005 Masters win (the greenside chip on 2016)

There was a lot of sloppy golf between both Tiger and Dimarco that added to the suspense which ended in a playoff.

Although in general Tiger's major wins were often him playing solid golf and avoiding mistakes in the final round, and others would hack it up under pressure,
How many times did we see Tiger playing on Saturday with a playing partner who'd never been on that stage just wilt to the point of TV stopped showing the other guy's shots after the turn.

The woman and I are heading to Travelers on Sunday. Gonna wear my Sungjae shirt and try to grab a flick at some point. Lol

Unless he misses the cut (is it top 50 and ties this week or no cut this sig event?) like he did when I went to PGA last year.

Yes he his main "mistakes other than one bad putt, was hitting 5 of 14 fairways. But he almost always recovered successfully from the driving mistakes with a number of good shots (through the entire event) He is a strong player out of the fairway rough.

He did have his one bad putt and the one drive he couldn't recover from near the end (last 4 holes). So bad timing on those, but luckily for him Rory made more mistakes in the last 4 holes.
Bryson constantly hit bad drives into the wasteland and was seldom punished for it - Fortuna was clearly on his side.

The woman and I are heading to Travelers on Sunday. Gonna wear my Sungjae shirt and try to grab a flick at some point. Lol

Unless he misses the cut (is it top 50 and ties this week or no cut this sig event?) like he did when I went to PGA last year.

I was there in 2018. Very lush green course.

1718650419691.jpeg

How many times did we see Tiger playing on Saturday with a playing partner who'd never been on that stage just wilt to the point of TV stopped showing the other guy's shots after the turn.

It wasn’t even the jobbers … even the top guys tended to fade around him.

But I do remember Mike Weir before he was known making the final group at the 99 PGA with Tiger. I think Weir shot an 80, and was done by the sixth tor sevent hole.

It was great to see Bob May, a relative nobody, go shot for shot against him when Tiget was in his prime in 2000.

Bryson hits 6 iron into the 630 yd green. Remember 30 years ago when John Daly was the only person who could hit the 601 yd hole at Bethpage, with a 3 wood. Good to hear that the USGA is going to dial back the driver. Not sure why they don't do the same with the golf ball, which would not affect less than elite players.
You have it backwards. The USGA and R&A are rolling back the golf ball for pros and elite amateurs in a few years but haven't decided to do anything w/ drivers yet.

Awesome final round. I wanted Rory to win and feel for him. He choked. Byson's a deserving champ however. That up and down for par on 18 to win is an all-timer.

Rory running away from the course yesterday like he's me waking up in a girl's dorm room circa 2018 then withdrawing from a "signature event" is #SOFT

Rory running away from the course yesterday like he's me waking up in a girl's dorm room circa 2018 then withdrawing from a "signature event" is #SOFT

He carried the ball for the PGA for over a year, sacrificing his time and playing efficacy, before they pulled the rug out from under him. He's earned some latitude, and they have nothing to say.

I dunno. That had to be utterly devastating.

Agreed. Even if the above hadn't happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom