2024 PGA Tour | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2024 PGA Tour

Make all your putts and you'll probably win every tournament.
chevy chase 80s GIF

It wasn’t even the jobbers … even the top guys tended to fade around him.

But I do remember Mike Weir before he was known making the final group at the 99 PGA with Tiger. I think Weir shot an 80, and was done by the sixth tor sevent hole.

It was great to see Bob May, a relative nobody, go shot for shot against him when Tiget was in his prime in 2000.
My favorite was Hal Sutton, 1999 or 2000 Players. So many of Hal's generation were mentally beat by Tiger before hitting a shot. Hal was like "just bring it!"

I dunno. That had to be utterly devastating.

He carried the ball for the PGA for over a year, sacrificing his time and playing efficacy, before they pulled the rug out from under him. He's earned some latitude, and they have nothing to say.

Agreed. Even if the above hadn't happened.
Fair or unfair, these guys wanted to be treated and compensated more in line with other major pro sports and facing the media and playing when it sucks is part of that deal. I don't think it's easy at all but Rory is going to get lots of eye rolls if he decides to be vocal about everything again. Which I don't think he would do regardless.

A handful of golf people on Twitter, some that I disagree with often, were making the point that signature events (which I think are dumb) are only a thing because guys like Rory wanted them and to back out without an actual reason, hurt feelings aren't a real reason, after committing is super lame.

I'll still root for Rory if he's close again. It was cool when he wore the cape for the PGA. Just think it has been a very weak 24 hours for him.

My favorite was Hal Sutton, 1999 or 2000 Players. So many of Hal's generation were mentally beat by Tiger before hitting a shot. Hal was like "just bring it!"

Well, IIRC Hal was the Ryder Cup Captain who put Phil and Tiger together, which didn't work well.

Norman and Phil faced the music after major Major choke jobs. Rory slinking away was weak. He gets kid glove treatment from the media.
Rory should be tarred and feathered, after first being waterboarded. How dare he do this! He's tarnished the game with his despicable behavior.

Rory should be tarred and feathered, after first being waterboarded. How dare he do this! He's tarnished the game with his despicable behavior.
Right that's exactly what I said. Good bit though.

Last edited:
A smile and some giggles that I will never forget:

IMG_6658.jpeg

WTVH 5 you effffing morons!!!!

Tom Kim is literally about to hit his approach on 18 and they break in for a tornado warning in east Bum Fluck. My goodness

It’s 2024. This should never happen. LITERALLY the worst possible moment.

Tom Kim is literally about to hit his approach on 18 and they break in for a tornado warning in east Bum Fluck. My goodness

Did they get back for you to see what happened?

Did they get back for you to see what happened?
Nope!! Apparently all hell broke loose with protesters and Kim made the putt. No biggy. Jesus Christ

Nope!! Apparently all hell broke loose with protesters and Kim made the putt. No biggy. Jesus Christ
That sums it up. The protesters got some red and white paint on the green. Kim got to move his putt to a different angle because of it. They might be moving the hole location for the playoff, but looks like the crew was doing a good job cleaning up the paint spots.

I wonder what the meatheads chanting "USA! USA!" were thinking when their meathead brethren were running round the 18th green (Travelers PGA event) throwing colored powder bombs? Were they attempting to show support? Or were they attempting to convey some form of absolution? Oh wait, were they cheering the police who ran them down and hauled them away? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

every station in syracuse cut away from live programming for the tornado warning. 3-5-9

I apologize for ever having rooted for Cameron Young. He doesn't deserve to win.
Basic choke job or did he pull some Patrick Reed style tomfoolery out there?

Basic choke job or did he pull some Patrick Reed style tomfoolery out there?
Neither. He let his temper get the better of him. After a particularly-bad tee shot, he broke his driver, and wasn't allowed to replace it b/c it was broken out of anger. He then proceeded to play the rest of the round in a foul mood. He beat himself.

Yes, everyone can have a bad day. But Xander Schaufele never basically threw away any chance of winning b/c he was unhappy.

Neither. He let his temper get the better of him. After a particularly-bad tee shot, he broke his driver, and wasn't allowed to replace it b/c it was broken out of anger. He then proceeded to play the rest of the round in a foul mood. He beat himself.

Yes, everyone can have a bad day. But Xander Schaufele never basically threw away any chance of winning b/c he was unhappy.

I've been a Xander fan for several years now.

And anyway, IIRC, Ben Crenshaw did the same thing with his putter once, like about 30 years ago, had to finish the round putting with his sand iron. I still like him a lot. :)

Last edited:
I've been a Xander fan for several years now.

And anyway, IIRC, Ben Crenshaw did the same thing with his putter once, like about 30 years ago, had to finish the round putting with his sand iron. I still like him a lot. :)

I somehow remembered the name Robert Streb and did a google because I remember him doing something crazy with a wedge in place of a putter.

Found the story from 2015 at the Greenbrier.

In the story they said it was a "toss" to his caddy that broke it... I seem to remember him breaking it intentionally but could be confusing it with another time.

Anyway he broke his putter on #9 hole of the final day. Proceeded to make 5 birdies on the final 9, using a 56 degree wedge to putt... and ended up making the playoff. He was able to bring a real putter for the playoff and then lost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom