2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

Also of note, 14 personnel was shown with both Villari and OG on the line. Gonna be some sweet goal line packages.
We had 4 TE's in and Villari and OG were on the line? That is strange. Who was off the line, Tremble and either Clement or Mang? Or was maybe the frosh Washington in there?

We had 4 TE's in and Villari and OG were on the line? That is strange. Who was off the line, Tremble and either Clement or Mang? Or was maybe the frosh Washington in there?
So was it goal line? I guess maybe Mang or Clement could make sense for blocking out there.

Not sure who else was out there. Emily mentioned it in the podcast and quoted Fran as saying 14 personnel will be something they can “pull off this year.” OG and Dan were on the line together. Maybe it was 12 personnel today, but found it as an interesting tidbit from the podcast.

Not sure if anyone else caught it, but called him Oronde "Gadison"...ooof
Star Wars Doom GIF

I expect the defense to be pretty solid, but it sounds like the offense whipped them today. We will see what happens when the pads are on. I think the offense has so many versatile guys that there will be mismatches against every defense we play.
The pass defense has to be better. Single biggest concern

Why not?

The pass defense has to be better. Single biggest concern
Agreed. Front 7 should be solid and we should be solid at safety too. Biggest cause for concern is DBs. Need Barnes to transition to college quickly and for Grant to catch on to DB. LB is about as good as it gets. I worry about 1 on 1’s on the outside with this group.

Not sure if anyone else caught it, but called him Oronde "Gadison"...ooof
He said in yesterday’s conference too. I thought maybe I didn’t know how to pronounce it

Not sure who else was out there. Emily mentioned it in the podcast and quoted Fran as saying 14 personnel will be something they can “pull off this year.” OG and Dan were on the line together. Maybe it was 12 personnel today, but found it as an interesting tidbit from the podcast.

Villari could prolly also line up at fullback and slip out to the flat on PA easily.

Does anyone need to be off the line? Sounds like a goalline/short yardage formation.

Does anyone need to be off the line? Sounds like a goalline/short yardage formation.
You have to have 7 men on the line of scrimmage. You can have up to 9 on the line of scrimmage if you use 2 TE's. But only the two on the ends are eligible to catch passes.

I'm just saying it seems odd to have a 4 TE set where our best receivers of the group, OG and Vilari are in tight on the line. but maybe i'm misinterpreting what was meant by they were on the line. Maybe they were out wide on the line?

You have to have 7 men on the line of scrimmage. You can have up to 9 on the line of scrimmage if you use 2 TE's. But only the two on the ends are eligible to catch passes.

I'm just saying it seems odd to have a 4 TE set where our best receivers of the group, OG and Vilari are in tight on the line. but maybe i'm misinterpreting what was meant by they were on the line. Maybe they were out wide on the line?
Ok. I knew you had to have 7. I didn't realize you were limited to 9.

I'm wondering if there was some confusing wording in the statement. No matter. I'm confident the staff will find ways to use our playmakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom