2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

You have to have 7 men on the line of scrimmage. You can have up to 9 on the line of scrimmage if you use 2 TE's. But only the two on the ends are eligible to catch passes.

I'm just saying it seems odd to have a 4 TE set where our best receivers of the group, OG and Vilari are in tight on the line. but maybe i'm misinterpreting what was meant by they were on the line. Maybe they were out wide on the line?

I don't believe you are limited to 9. You can have 10 with only the QB behind the center because a center - player exchange is required to start a play.

You have to have 7 men on the line of scrimmage. You can have up to 9 on the line of scrimmage if you use 2 TE's. But only the two on the ends are eligible to catch passes.

I'm just saying it seems odd to have a 4 TE set where our best receivers of the group, OG and Vilari are in tight on the line. but maybe i'm misinterpreting what was meant by they were on the line. Maybe they were out wide on the line?

Confuse the defense type of formation?

With the QB empowered to pass option to whoever gets open as play develops?

I don't believe you are limited to 9. You can have 10 with only the QB behind the center because a center - player exchange is required to start a play.
Maybe. I thought it was 9. Obviously you need a QB but I thought at least one other players had to be back from the line of scrimmage a bit but they could still be lined up in tight. But i could be wrong. WR wise you can only have two lined up at the line of scrimmage maybe, others have to be stepped back a bit I think.

Maybe. I thought it was 9. Obviously you need a QB but I thought at least one other players had to be back from the line of scrimmage a bit but they could still be lined up in tight. But i could be wrong. WR wise you can only have two lined up at the line of scrimmage maybe, others have to be stepped back a bit I think.

Technically, the only rule is you can't have less than 7 players on the LOS. It can be confusing, though. I once heard Booger McFarland say on national tv that you can't have more than 7 players on the line of scrimmage. Now, granted, it's Booger McFarland, not the sharpest tack in the bunch.

Technically, the only rule is you can't have less than 7 players on the LOS. It can be confusing, though. I once heard Booger McFarland say on national tv that you can't have more than 7 players on the line of scrimmage. Now, granted, it's Booger McFarland, not the sharpest tack in the bunch.
Why would you assume someone named Booger isn...

Nah, nevermind, I can't even get through that question.

Kinda like a bunch in pros

Tight ends, traditionally, were eligible receivers (ends) who played tight to the ball, at the end of the line of scrimmage.

Tight ends, traditionally, were eligible receivers (ends) who played tight to the ball, at the end of the line of scrimmage.

There used to be Tight Ends and Split Ends.

Tight Ends lined up next to the tackle, and Split Enz made weird music videos.

Split Ends became Wide Receivers (because they lined up wide of the tackle.

A Flanker would line up in the slot. Sometimes the cameras would show the flanker's parents in the stands. Father Flanker and Mother Flanker.

Flankers are now called Slot Receivers.

I feel most fans me included are excited to finally see a te being used for more than a blocker. Dino seemed to never use a te. He used OG as a slot receiver and te in name only. It will be great to see two te sets and the te used for more than a 6 Oline man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom