2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

Let’s not totally sell Shrader short; that dude made some great throws while getting hammered. The pass to Alford to win VT game is one example. Not saying that he was in McCord’s league as a passer but he could make some clutch throws when healthy.

That hit he took at VT was set off his set of injuries and honestly he never recovered from that after here at Syracuse

Unfortunate

The dude was a warrior and honestly it sucks to see people putting him down on here because he literally gave it ALL for Syracuse and tried to do everything possible to help get us wins

That hit he took at VT was set off his set of injuries and honestly he never recovered from that after here at Syracuse

Unfortunate

The dude was a warrior and honestly it sucks to see people putting him down on here because he literally gave it ALL for Syracuse and tried to do everything possible to help get us wins

I hope you are not referring to me. I am not putting him down. I loved Shrader and how he played for SU. I totally agree that VT throw was beautiful. But, sideline throws were generally not his forte.

And I can guarantee you there will be more than one play where McCord should run and he doesn't and I will wish that Shrader was back there during that play.

I hope you are not referring to me. I am not putting him down. I loved Shrader and how he played for SU. I totally agree that VT throw was beautiful. But, sideline throws were generally not his forte.

And I can guarantee you there will be more than one play where McCord should run and he doesn't and I will wish that Shrader was back there during that play.

Not your comment per se, but I’ve seen others make low key shots on here over the last few weeks in different threads

Looks like the second team OL (for now),

E Cruz
Moeolo
Ilaoa
J Cruz
T Mack

No Josh Miller, Codie Hornsby or Dave Wohlabaugh.

Hornsby missed the spring and is behind. I suspect he will move up the depth chart over time.

Wohlabaugh is on a rep count and it will be hard to move up the depth chart until he is a full go.

No idea what is going on with Miller. They might be rotating players in and we happened to see one play when he was not in.

Way too early to make any strong conclusions right now.

E Cruz
Moeolo
Ilaoa
J Cruz
T Mack

Hornsby missed the spring and is behind. I suspect he will move up the depth chart over time.

Wohlabaugh is on a rep count and it will be hard to move up the depth chart until he is a full go.

No idea what is going on with Miller. They might be rotating players in and we happened to see one play when he was not in.

I also saw Brent axe said a few days ago miller was second string right tackle

Let’s not totally sell Shrader short; that dude made some great throws while getting hammered. The pass to Alford to win VT game is one example. Not saying that he was in McCord’s league as a passer but he could make some clutch throws when healthy.
He was a very good QB, top 10 stat wise. Could not stay healthy

E Cruz
Moeolo
Ilaoa
J Cruz
T Mack

Could be Miller's also pretty young still.

Will Hicks back on the field. How many years has it been since he's been on-field? I don't think he was ever on the field during all the Babers years. Dwight Freeney gave him a major shout out during his HOF induction speech.
He wasn’t around most of the Dino years. He came back last year as an advisor. He has more of a role now for a reason. He’s a football guy through and through.

He wasn’t around most of the Dino years. He came back last year as an advisor. He has more of a role now for a reason. He’s a football guy through and through.
so, he was on the field and sideline during Babers last year? I guess I missed him because I don't necessarily remember seeing him on TV. I went to the Georgia Tech and Florida St. games in person and I don't remember seeing him on the sidelines there either.

so, he was on the field and sideline during Babers last year? I guess I missed him because I don't necessarily remember seeing him on TV. I went to the Georgia Tech and Florida St. games in person and I don't remember seeing him on the sidelines there either.
“Will Hicks has rejoined the Syracuse football staff for the 2023 season after spending the five years prior as a member of the 'Cuse Athletics Fund. The longtime strength and conditioning coach across multiple football coaching staffs was promoted in January, 2024 to Special Assistant to the Head Coach by Fran Brown.

Hicks served as the Director of Player Engagement in 2023, where he created engagement programs for student-athletes off the field, specifically with Syracuse community members and alumni. He provided current student-athletes with networking opportunities and worked with alumni and community members to identify NIL opportunities for athletes. He also cultivated real world experiences for student-athletes with business leaders and non-profit organizations.

Prior to his return to the football program, Hicks was most recently the Director of Development in the 'Cuse Athletics fund. Prior to that role, he was the executive director of the Varsity Club & athletic alumni engagement, where he provided leadership for the Varsity Club, managed relationships with all current and former Syracuse NFL Players, and served as a staff liaison to all other associated athletic clubs and organizations.”

He was able to make them throws cause
he had too. He always had ability to do it, just needed game ending pressure where it was sell out or lose. He just never did it in regular game situations. Heknew in them end games he couldnt run so he trusted himself. Should have been that way the whole time.

He was on the field before games - not sure if during games as he wasn’t a coach. He was brought back by JW to the football program specifically to advise on the strength and conditioning program and also to liaise with alums.

He was on the field before games - not sure if during games as he wasn’t a coach. He was brought back by JW to the football program specifically to advise on the strength and conditioning program and also to liaise with alums.
Dino not respecting the history of the program and keeping out a lot of alumni was so idiotic.

We seem to go through cycles of former players being brought back in, and then being alienated from the program. I don’t know if it’s been simple neglect by the university, or perhaps the reality that former players can’t really do much on a day to day basis. Or perhaps they become alienated when SU starts hitting them up for money.

Whatever, it’s nice to be back in the cycle where players are supporting the program again - even if it’s just in spirit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom