2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

I’m sitting here thinking how great it is to see these interviews and feel like you are part of (and admittedly a very, very, very tiny part of) what’s going on with this team - that you are seeing this team develop in real time. It’s a welcome change from the last few years.

Refreshing to here this take on the offense rather than “at this time of the year the defense is always ahead of the offense”

Also loved that he said that they just run offense.

Good stuff
1723047374837.gif

Refreshing to here this take on the offense rather than “at this time of the year the defense is always ahead of the offense”

Good stuff
It's funny how crazy things sound in hindsight.

Good stuff

Yes this “offensive football” term he used is really intriguing. Seems as though they may run AND pass. Guessing they will block and also try and move the ball forward, toward the end zone. Love that.

What a great rep for this program!

Excited to see what he does this season!
Derek is an impressive young man and I agree, he is a great representative of the student athletes we have at Syracuse.

That said, this is true of a lot of the football players on the team. At this point, it is fashionable to run down the old coaching staff for pretty much everything. One thing they did do a good job of was identifying young men with good character.

I think Coach Brown inherited a bunch of good young men and their character is going to be one of the keys determing whether the Coach Brown era starts off well.

I think this bodes well for us for 2024.

Derek is an impressive young man and I agree, he is a great representative of the student athletes we have at Syracuse.

That said, this is true of a lot of the football players on the team. At this point, it is fashionable to run down the old coaching staff for pretty much everything. One thing they did do a good job of was identifying young men with good character.

I think Coach Brown inherited a bunch of good young men and their character is going to be one of the keys determing whether the Coach Brown era starts off well.

Agree Tom

Certainly plenty of criticism to go around with the old staff

But one area you can’t criticize on is the outstanding character of a majority of the student athletes they brought in.

Think OG, Villari, Wax, Barron, Lequint just to name a few stud players who are excellent representatives of Syracuse

Thank you! Well said!

Agree Tom

Certainly plenty of criticism to go around with the old staff

But one area you can’t criticize on is the outstanding character of a majority of the student athletes they brought in.

Think OG, Villari, Wax, Barron, Lequint just to name a few stud players who are excellent representatives of Syracuse
Concur as well. Fran went out of his way to praise Dino for recruiting high caliber individuals in a meeting I was in. He recognizes it and is very high on the leadership group.

I’m sitting here thinking how great it is to see these interviews and feel like you are part of (and admittedly a very, very, very tiny part of) what’s going on with this team - that you are seeing this team develop in real time. It’s a welcome change from the last few years.
Yes you can live with the CIA level secrecy if the team is winning. With a losing team it's tedious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom