2024 Preseason Camp Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Camp Thread

I feel like it may be Lewis, Grant and Bellamy all splitting first team reps as It seems like it’s really close between those three. Then Barnes is the 4th for now. Then Barnes could get added to that mix as he gets more reps and more experience. Just guessing on my part though.

I feel like it may be Lewis, Grant and Bellamy all splitting first team reps as It seems like it’s really close between those three. Then Barnes is the 4th for now. Then Barnes could get added to that mix as he gets more reps and more experience. Just guessing on my part though.
Db is like oline. Super hard to come in and start. May be a big player but way too much technique needed and need a few years to practice it. will he play, hell yeah but start no.

Which dorm are they staying in?
Good question. Are they staying down on campus, for example on Mount Olympus, and then taking busses to South Campus for practice where all the outdoor fields are and the IPF is? I don't think they are walking on Comstock from the main campus to South campus to get to practice. Although if they were doing that long walk, it would totally be a discipline and team bonding thing to do.

Last edited:
Good question. Are they staying down on campus, for example on Mount Olympus, and then taking busses to South Campus for practice where all the outdoor fields are and the IPF is? I don't think they are walking on Comstock from the main campus to South campus to get to practice. Although if they were doing that long walk, it would totally be a discipline and team bonding thing to do.
It’s probably a good safety measure that is was not 100% disclosed.. don’t need a bunch of wackos looking for autographs and pictures.

IMG_1254.jpeg

Great segment. Love that Fran brought in Lewis with experience and wisdom at the CB spot with the others there being so young and inexperienced as just Freshman or Sophomores. Same goes for bringing in Justus Ross-Simmons at WR. Needed another player there with playing experience.

What I didn't love so much about that segment though is Cinco's attempted tackle at the 40 second mark.

Great segment. Love that Fran brought in Lewis with experience and wisdom at the CB spot with the others there being so young and inexperienced as just Freshman or Sophomores. Same goes for bringing in Justus Ross-Simmons at WR. Needed another player there with playing experience.

What I didn't love so much about that segment though is Cinco's attempted tackle at the 40 second mark.

I doubt they’re being allowed to tackle (at least in certain portions.). I’ve noticed it throughout these videos and McDonald pretty much says it.

I doubt they’re being allowed to tackle (at least in certain portions.). I’ve noticed it throughout these videos and McDonald pretty much says it.
Yeah I thought about that. But it seemed like there was the hit, which is the more physical part. Then just no wrapping up. Hope you are right and what you are saying is the case though.

Yeah I thought about that. But it seemed like there was the hit, which is the more physical part. Then just no wrapping up. Hope you are right and what you are saying is the case though.
They don’t want them to take them to the ground which is where a lot of injuries happen. It’s Difficult to prevent the non contact leg injuries which are going to happen but can try to limit the contact injuries that occur with tackling to the ground.

Edit- agree they prob should wrap up a little more but also a slippery slope when going full speed then trying to slow down and go half speed and wrap up.

Marcellus Barnes is going to start
Well if he starts, that’s saying a lot about Barnes. Because the guys older than him; Grant, Lewis and Bellamy aren’t slouches. So just mean Barnes is a real stud and we have a shut down corner

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom