2024 Seating Changes | Page 129 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Nebraska is about twice the size not 3-4 times. I used them since they have been mediocre for years but still pack the stadium. Cuse last year had 32K.

Ole Miss is the same size as Cuse. They doubled Cuse's attendance last year.

Cuse to stay relevant has to punch above it's weight in football. We do great in basketball but even that has been slipping for years.

Sadly it falls mostly on the local fan base as many alumni never return for a game.
Nebraska has 3 or 4 national championships in its history and is, or at least was, considered a football school. Ole Miss? You’re really comparing attendance of an SEC school to Cuse? Just out of curiosity, what do you feel would be punching above their weight?

Have you been to Omaha? I have homes in both places and clearly you are not educated on the subject.
I never claimed to be educated on entertainment options in the great state of Nebraska. I did stay in Omaha once for a night while driving from New York to California. Congrats on having two houses though, that’s impressive. Perhaps I took their slogan, “Nebraska, Honestly it’s not for everyone” too much to heart.

Nebraska has 3 or 4 national championships in its history and is, or at least was, considered a football school. Ole Miss? You’re really comparing attendance of an SEC school to Cuse? Just out of curiosity, what do you feel would be punching above their weight?
Well duh...lol we kinda have to draw like a power team to stay in the club.

45-47K...is that too much to have asked?

Now it'll only have to be 42-3K

Nebraska is about twice the size not 3-4 times. I used them since they have been mediocre for years but still pack the stadium. Cuse last year had 32K.

Ole Miss is the same size as Cuse. They doubled Cuse's attendance last year.

Cuse to stay relevant has to punch above it's weight in football. We do great in basketball but even that has been slipping for years.

Sadly it falls mostly on the local fan base as many alumni never return for a game.
Regarding that last point, my daughter's freshman year college roommate is from New Jersey and her dad is an SU grad who works in finance. I asked him if he comes up for games and he looked at me like, "why would I do that?" He said he graduated and has never returned. To each his own, I guess.

Regarding that last point, my daughter's freshman year college roommate is from New Jersey and her dad is an SU grad who works in finance. I asked him if he comes up for games and he looked at me like, "why would I do that?" He said he graduated and has never returned. To each his own, I guess.
There are a lot of reasons why alumni don’t come to games, but we’ve added another because we are now harvesting the fruit of 20 years of being bad at football. There’s a whole generation of alumni who either didn’t attend games in school because the team wasn’t good, or attended but didn’t have fun watching us lose in a half empty dome.

The youngest alums that saw us consistently win against good teams in a packed stadium are all 50+

There are a lot of reasons why alumni don’t come to games, but we’ve added another because we are now harvesting the fruit of 20 years of being bad at football. There’s a whole generation of alumni who either didn’t attend games in school because the team wasn’t good, or attended but didn’t have fun watching us lose in a half empty dome.

The youngest alums that saw us consistently win against good teams in a packed stadium are all 50+
All good points. This guy fits the age demographic you mention, but I just got the sense he had no interest in coming back to Syracuse in general.

Those were the people that the downstate alums assured us would back Met Life for Dr. Gross' show me the money games yet didn't.

Ironically when people see me wear Cuse stuff they ask me if I went there. When I say no but I'm a football fan they give that same confused look.

Looks like I’m taking his place.

Ironically when people see me wear Cuse stuff they ask me if I went there. When I say no but I'm a football fan they give that same confused look.
Same here. My attention was drawn to Cuse when the Pilon brothers played here. Their mother was my English teacher in high school. I was a CFL fan at the time. Hey, don't laugh! I have Warren Moon's autograph!

Looks great!
The dome didn't look awful with all the silver for seating but when coupled with all the exposed concrete everywhere, it made for a bland, unattractive facility.

Getting a lot of the concrete walls and framing painted was a nice step forward but replacing the silver seating with dark blue chairs makes a massive visual impact.

We just went from one of the most unattractive facilities in the country to the most attractive in one fell swoop.

Sorry UNC but your baby boy chairs make your stadium look like a nursery. You have to change that to be taken seriously.

The dome didn't look awful with all the silver for seating but when coupled with all the exposed concrete everywhere, it made for a bland, unattractive facility.

Getting a lot of the concrete walls and framing painted was a nice step forward but replacing the silver seating with dark blue chairs makes a massive visual impact.

We just went from one of the most unattractive facilities in the country to the most attractive in one fell swoop.

Sorry UNC but your baby boy chairs make your stadium look like a nursery. You have to change that to be taken seriously.

I do wish the roof could've allowed just a little more lighting but still overall it looks great

Same here. My attention was drawn to Cuse when the Pilon brothers played here. Their mother was my English teacher in high school. I was a CFL fan at the time. Hey, don't laugh! I have Warren Moon's autograph!
The Pilons used to come drink in my apartment on South all the time. A bit rowdy, but that's what you expect in that situation.