2024 Seating Changes | Page 132 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

The only way to get a big crowd is to build some hype. We don't have the Opp to build hype. There has been no marketing, do they even do things at the state fair anymore?

They got rid of the game packs which might have pulled a few in but who knows.

The good news is that 30k now will look like the old 35K and by moving the kids and band the unsold area is condensed a bit.

Was in Ithaca wearing my SU hat today and a couple people asked me questions who didn't even know when the first game was happening.

Much like the other depts on the Hill the Marketing "team" is full of ossified job for life types.

I think many will want to see the new seats in the dome, the new HC etc

Could be a bit more than normal for the first home game

Just a few weeks ago it was believed by the Dome staff that a sell out for game 1 was highly possible

We shall see
It will be interesting. Fran and ERob are going to want full houses to sell 4 star recruits visiting but they are going to need to collect some wins early to get those sellouts. Here's to hoping it works out for fans and staff the way we want.

It will be interesting. Fran and ERob are going to want full houses to sell 4 star recruits visiting but they are going to need to collect some wins early to get those sellouts. Here's to hoping it works out for fans and staff the way we want.

I think we are what we are - the only people passionate about SU football are on this board. Everyone else who could go is "yeah if I get free ticket" or "my buddy wanted to go crowd". Football is not must see viewing and neither is basketball for a large majority of the locals.

I think we are what we are - the only people passionate about SU football are on this board. Everyone else who could go is "yeah if I get free ticket" or "my buddy wanted to go crowd". Football is not must see viewing and neither is basketball for a large majority of the locals.
^^^^^this is beyond true. I just do not understand why anyone here, who knows the local fan base, and who represent the die hard crowd who does show up week in and out, would so much as bat an eye that we will have maybe 30k actual butts in the seats for Ohio.

Its not an 'event' at 0-0. Ohio doesnt move any meter for casuals, neither does Fran, aside from us zealots on here who are beyond hog wild about him and what hes building. Its Labor Day weekend and state fair. Casuals wont show up. The fact that su is doing this whole pack the dome campaign with cheapo tix says all we need to know about what attendance will be in 3 weeks. We win some games, it becomes an 'event', casuals will then and only then be there. Period.

100% true. People just want to support a winner. I had a good friend who had season tix dump them 2 years ago, said he is just tired going to games at the Dome to watch them lose. This is "ENTERTAINMENT" and people want to smile and laugh and have fun.

Not everyone cares about tailgates and seeing the same people you sit around each game for decades on end, they just want to watch a winning product. Fancy new scoreboards and cup holders and seats are meaningless.

And SU has sold fans "hope" time and time again and it never works out aside from a few game stretch here or maybe Dino's first season.

Once the team wins on a consistent basis, fans MAY come back. But in this new world that isn't even a guarantee as watching games at home with 70 inch 4K TV's is a better experience most of the time

100% true. People just want to support a winner. I had a good friend who had season tix dump them 2 years ago, said he is just tired going to games at the Dome to watch them lose. This is "ENTERTAINMENT" and people want to smile and laugh and have fun.

Not everyone cares about tailgates and seeing the same people you sit around each game for decades on end, they just want to watch a winning product. Fancy new scoreboards and cup holders and seats are meaningless.

And SU has sold fans "hope" time and time again and it never works out aside from a few game stretch here or maybe Dino's first season.

Once the team wins on a consistent basis, fans MAY come back. But in this new world that isn't even a guarantee as watching games at home with 70 inch 4K TV's is a better experience most of the time

Your friend missed nine home wins.

I also know quite a few folks who weren't pleased with the seating process and dropped and won't be back in the building. I know people here think differently but a number of attendees don't think the school appreciates them, and is moving on.

I also know quite a few folks who weren't pleased with the seating process and dropped and won't be back in the building. I know people here think differently but a number of attendees don't think the school appreciates them, and is moving on.
I think a lot of folks like to look for reasons to complain. It's very much a CNY attitude.

If the product is good, they'll find a way to attend. That's all that matters.

"Quite a few"... I get it, people like to sound like they are connected. But in reality, you probably know 2 or 3 groups who decided not to renew. That doesn't mean the sky is falling. And chances are they probably were not going to renew anyway and just had a convenient "out".

There were parts of the process that were bad for a segment of the STHs and parts that worked out much better for the STHs.

After you remove the chaos of the endzone swap though.

Almost everyone who wanted to keep mostly the same seats had a way of accomplishing it for a small fee.

Its not like we charged 10K for a seat license like the PROs do and even had we done nothing to move the kids the removal of 6K of seats was going to cause some issues.

Easy to say you dropped out because of the new seat process. But specifics are better.

Price increase I get though.

Some small seat movement

losing some special seat location.

My bump in donation cost me about $5 a ticket over the next 5 yrs. and vastly improved my location.

BBALL no idea how that worked out.

"Quite a few"... I get it, people like to sound like they are connected. But in reality, you probably know 2 or 3 groups who decided not to renew. That doesn't mean the sky is falling. And chances are they probably were not going to renew anyway and just had a convenient "out".
yeah I have a ton of juice and definitely think I'm connected. You are totally right every person in the Syracuse loves the football program and thinks the University is aces.

This is wonderful satire from a poster with your history.

Really hate to read this. I hope those attendees find their way back. I spoke with others that were disappointed with having to relocate but grateful to still be season ticket holders. I do understand how some would feel unappreciated.

Your friend missed nine home wins.
He viewed it as two basically .500 seasons so he missed nothing. Not everyone thinks alike it is all perspective and I think more fans think like my friend than some on here want to believe

He viewed it as two basically .500 seasons so he missed nothing. Not everyone thinks alike it is all perspective and I think more fans think like my friend than some on here want to believe

OK, glass half empty type, or something.

False. Don't blame attendance on the locals. They actually show up.

There were parts of the process that were bad for a segment of the STHs and parts that worked out much better for the STHs.

After you remove the chaos of the endzone swap though.

Almost everyone who wanted to keep mostly the same seats had a way of accomplishing it for a small fee.

Its not like we charged 10K for a seat license like the PROs do and even had we done nothing to move the kids the removal of 6K of seats was going to cause some issues.

Easy to say you dropped out because of the new seat process. But specifics are better.

Price increase I get though.

Some small seat movement

losing some special seat location.

My bump in donation cost me about $5 a ticket over the next 5 yrs. and vastly improved my location.

BBALL no idea how that worked out.
My group of 20 were all separated. The University did nothing to help that not be the case. I can no longer sit with my father at games. Let's just say im not impressed.

False. Don't blame attendance on the locals. They actually show up.
The “casual“ local fans will show up for winning teams but they have to win and win consistently.

edit: if we win this year, I really believe the local casuals will really show up like the old days when we were a football school.

Last edited:
My group of 20 were all separated. The University did nothing to help that not be the case. I can no longer sit with my father at games. Let's just say im not impressed.
I agree that the logistics made that hard with so many buying at various times.

So thats the issue

How would you have solved it to make it fair for others?

the two options people used were

wait until more people could buy at the same time
but more tickets on the accounts that had the earlier access.

I am sorry things did not go well for you and you ended up separated from your dad.

If I were you, I would take a minute and reach out to Troy Pakusch. He is the manager of ticket sales and development for SU.

I think he would like to hear your story and may be able to make things right for you, your dad and the rest of your group. Please give him a call.

315 443-2434

or email him at

tpakusc.

I had a special problem with my tickets that my ticket guy couldn't get fixed the way I wanted. I reached out to Troy and he got things fixed in short order. He is a true pro.

The sooner you reach out, the more likely he can help.