2024 Seating Changes | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

I sat 4 rows behind there and have never noticed a railing. So this one is higher? Will the clear one be high too? At what row is it not in view? Thanks.
This is strictly facing the entrance from the tunnel. The railing has always been there but this one is designed differently with thicker vertical bars instead of just a couple thinner horizontal ones. Only affects the two seats in Row A on either side of the aisle, so a few dozen seats in the entire Dome. Minimal obstruction in Row B. None at all in Row C.
No idea what the clear ones will be but assume similar dimensions.

This is strictly facing the entrance from the tunnel. The railing has always been there but this one is designed differently with thicker vertical bars instead of just a couple thinner horizontal ones. Only affects the two seats in Row A on either side of the aisle, so a few dozen seats in the entire Dome. Minimal obstruction in Row B. None at all in Row C.
No idea what the clear ones will be but assume similar dimensions.
I’m sure it’s a code update. I just had a tour of Arrowhead Stadium last week and it looks like they had to add a half step to every isle. The isles in the Dome have a pretty big step. I wonder if SU has to do the same thing? Our new seats are much better quality. They have cup holders screwed into the back of the seats near the arm rest. The seats turn in and has extra room for the cups. My grandson had pictures taken at Mahomes and Kelce’s lockers. We had a wedding in St. Louis but flew into KC for the tour. It was a neat experience. Royals Stadium is nice too.

I know there are some who have been concerned with views being obstructed by the new railings that have been installed in the third deck facing the tunnel entrances, These are the four foot high rales with vertical slats that are directly in the sightline of aisle seats when looking to the opposite end zone. I have been told that these are temporary and the issue was recognized immediately upon installation. They will be replaced by "glass" barriers by fall.
Google Photos
View attachment 241407
Not a chance they are temporary. They made a mistake with the design and are correcting. The absolutely ruined some of the best seats in the 300’s with the railing design

Not a chance they are temporary. They made a mistake with the design and are correcting. The absolutely ruined some of the best seats in the 300’s with the railing design
Well they’re not permanent. May have been intended that way originally but they will be gone before the first game. That makes them temporary. Then again, aren’t we all?

Well they’re not permanent. May have been intended that way originally but they will be gone before the first game. That makes them temporary. Then again, aren’t we all?
Fair enough, but they made a mistake in the design of the 3rd level rails at the tunnel entrance which ruined the view of desirable first row seats next to tunnel.

Fair enough, but they made a mistake in the design of the 3rd level rails at the tunnel entrance which ruined the view of desirable first row seats next to tunnel.

The first seat there has always been obstructed some by the rail. You had to look up down left right.

The first seat there has always been obstructed some by the rail. You had to look up down left right.
It’s far worse with current design which is why they are changing

It’s far worse with current design which is why they are changing
Which they recognized and will be rectified prior to any events where anyone sits in those seats. And there are less than 50 seats affected. Anyone who has ever been involved in a major construction project understands there are always things in the original plan that need to be adjusted. Not sure I see an issue.

So Is this what the rendering started out to look like? thats being replaced. the angled railing pieces?

rail.jpg

So Is this what the rendering started out to look like? thats being replaced. the angled railing pieces?

View attachment 241430
The piece to the far right of the picture facing the entrance to the tunnel. You will also note from my picture the actual design is different with more vertical slats. I do not know of any other changes.

I know there are some who have been concerned with views being obstructed by the new railings that have been installed in the third deck facing the tunnel entrances, These are the four foot high rales with vertical slats that are directly in the sightline of aisle seats when looking to the opposite end zone. I have been told that these are temporary and the issue was recognized immediately upon installation. They will be replaced by "glass" barriers by fall.
Google Photos
View attachment 241407
Whomever designed those failed in regards to fan visibility. They look great for fan safety, uniformity and color though.

I'm no engineer but I would have looked at a metal frame and heavy duty plexiglass tied in with strong clips or bolts and fasteners.

It has to be strong enough to take a 300lbs guy falling against it.

Any of them that restrict viewing of the field for someone about 5' or taller needs to be modified. I don't mind a single horizontal bar as I can look around it during live action...the prison bars are the main issues.

Whomever designed those failed in regards to fan visibility. They look great for fan safety, uniformity and color though.

I'm no engineer but I would have looked at a metal frame and heavy duty plexiglass tied in with strong clips or bolts and fasteners.

It has to be strong enough to take a 300lbs guy falling against it.

Any of them that restrict viewing of the field for someone about 5' or taller needs to be modified. I don't mind a single horizontal bar as I can look around it during live action...the prison bars are the main issues.
Were they stock or build to print? If B2P did the production match the design? If a design flaw, when was it recognized? Is there a cost associated with the changeout? Who is bearing that cost? Was there a contingency budget in the GC’s plan to cover such adjustments?
We don’t have the answers to any of those questions and they are absolutely irrelevant to us. One question is. Will the current railing obstruct the view of any fan during any event. I have been told the answer to that is no.
I had planned to move a few seats off the aisle to avoid the current railings. I passed my concerns on to my rep and suggested they label the seats as partial view obstructed. I know others here have been concerned as well. I received a call from a friend in the AD’s office who provided the information and asked me to share. Intention was to do just that, not trigger a debate over who was at fault for the design. Let’s find some more important things to obsess over!

Were they stock or build to print? If B2P did the production match the design? If a design flaw, when was it recognized? Is there a cost associated with the changeout? Who is bearing that cost? Was there a contingency budget in the GC’s plan to cover such adjustments?
We don’t have the answers to any of those questions and they are absolutely irrelevant to us. One question is. Will the current railing obstruct the view of any fan during any event. I have been told the answer to that is no.
I had planned to move a few seats off the aisle to avoid the current railings. I passed my concerns on to my rep and suggested they label the seats as partial view obstructed. I know others here have been concerned as well. I received a call from a friend in the AD’s office who provided the information and asked me to share. Intention was to do just that, not trigger a debate over who was at fault for the design. Let’s find some more important things to obsess over!
Sorry, TMark - not a rant against you, just get a bit peeved by the compulsion of some to find reasons to second guess and criticize with no productive objective in mind.

I shared similar concerns with university as soon as a “trialed“ the seats. No one is debating the fault of the design (it was bad), the concern was the view obstruction.

Anyone else select seats today? I did mine earlier this afternoon and fortunately I got exactly what I wanted.
I hope they are not the seats we want

I spoke to two groups around me today and they got close to what they wanted. Anything near the fifty yard line in sections 115 and 116 (visitors side) are basically gone. I choose tomorrow at 11:34. Seems like there are 24 seats in a row in these two sections. One picked in the morning and one around 2:00 this afternoon.

I hope they are not the seats we want

They weren’t unless you sat in my seats last year. Wanted the same ones.