2024 Seating Changes | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

I spoke to two groups around me today and they got close to what they wanted. Anything near the fifty yard line in sections 115 and 116 (visitors side) are basically gone. I choose tomorrow at 11:34. Seems like there are 24 seats in a row in these two sections. One picked in the morning and one around 2:00 this afternoon.

Ya seems lke the first 6-8 seats on either side of the aisle are essentially gone which makes sense as those are the most popular, I am sure its the same on the home side as well. The next 3-4 days will tell a lot on where people are looking, should see some patterns develop and see where the runs are.

How long did it take everyone to make their selections? I have a slight conflict, but said I would be late for something, so I can be home for this. I don't even want to chance taking my laptop into a Starbucks. Did the website run smoothly?

How long did it take everyone to make their selections? I have a slight conflict, but said I would be late for something, so I can be home for this. I don't even want to chance taking my laptop into a Starbucks. Did the website run smoothly?
If you know where you want to sit then picking the seat is quick. I think it is easier to navigate using the top down view.

The parking and what to do after took me longer. The final page was a bit confusing. Not sure if you need your credit card or not but I put it in again to be safe.

I was actually surprised that so many good seats were already taken. I only looked at the away side. At games that is usually less attended but not many good seats were available. I was a little disappointed that my first choice was gone. Make sure you have a plan B or C.

Went fairly quickly except when I first went in and selected my seats there was no option to checkout with those seats, just compare, then I realized that someone had mentioned last week that they were able to get in and check seats but had to wait a few minutes before they could checkout and get the seats. So a short while later the button to checkout was available and I checked out with the seats I selected and then was able to go to the parking selection. So when the timer ran out and the seat selection loaded I was able to see the seats, select them but not checkout right away, was maybe 5 minutes or so, but I wasn't paying close attention, was just concerned that I didn't have a way to checkout at first. It was earlier just before 10:30.

Wasn't a bad process and went fast once I could checkout and then get to the parking, select the lot and pay for the parking.

As time goes on the Plan B and C is gonna be harder for some people to plan for since they cant view ahead of whats happening.

Vast difference in same section and seat 3-5 rows back and being forced 2-3 sections away or 20 rows higher.

We are still in the pick of the litter mode. Soon some areas will be forcing some real decisions on people.

Some people might get better than they expect as people decide they want to stay around a certain row or something and spread out instead of going up in a section.

5 days in 4-500 people have picked? Does it look like 3-5K of seats are gone or 2K?

I wonder if the club seats are selling well. There were 250 seats before. Now there are 200 and a portion of those won’t want to shell out the money to stay there. Might have been a bunch of displaced people and a trickle effect.

On top of that midfield home is more $ than the away side. Which might up demand there.

Will be interesting to see the impact.

I wonder if the club seats are selling well. There were 250 seats before. Now there are 200 and a portion of those won’t want to shell out the money to stay there. Might have been a bunch of displaced people and a trickle effect.

On top of that midfield home is more $ than the away side. Which might up demand there.

Will be interesting to see the impact.
They sold those in advance. I’m pretty sure they were all sold out or at least close to it.

They sold those in advance. I’m pretty sure they were all sold out or at least close to it.

Yup those seats and I am sure a few others were bought ahead of time but real high end donors which is understandable.

If they are all taken then it is even more surprising that so many good seats were gone already. It looked like 115,116, 318, 319 didn’t have a whole lot to choose from. I am sure the home side is similar.

I wonder if people are adding seats that couldn’t do so before.

Yup those seats and I am sure a few others were bought ahead of time but real high end donors which is understandable.

Question is how many of those were in that section last year?

From Row I to S we lost about 175? Then Y to ZZ another 50? For ADA T to X 350?

So if only half the prior people in A to H were high rollers, another 250 are displaced. So midfield home might be like 825 displaced people. Which would explain good seats being eaten up already all over.

Question is how many of those were in that section last year?

From Row I to S we lost about 175? Then Y to ZZ another 50? For ADA T to X 350?

So if only half the prior people in A to H were high rollers, another 250 are displaced. So midfield home might be like 825 displaced people. Which would explain good seats being eaten up already all over.

For the highest of the high (club seats) I think anyone who had them last year and wanted them again had no issue as they could be purchased without having to go through the process. I am sure there were some who got pushed out in the re-picking who had tickets on or near the 50 but I don't think it's surprising that the seats on the 50 are essentially gone (first 6-8 seats of each row) as those are the most sought after (visitor 50 was usually fairly jammed) and most probably were in or near those sections to begin with who are picking within the first week.

I don't think your going to see major displacement until likely next week or maybe even beyond though I know you noted your A choice was gone but I assume you were looking at the 50 or near it. I think most people picking at levels 5 and 6 have sections/seats they've had for year's they are targeting to hopefully get back where they were. I suspect most of them aren't targeting 40/50 yard line seats which will fill in more seats around the Dome as most of those seats should probably be available. I do agree at some point there will be a domino of poeple who got pushed out of say 115/116 or the prim 300 level seats who start taking others, the question is where do they head and what are they looking for.

For the highest of the high (club seats) I think anyone who had them last year and wanted them again had no issue as they could be purchased without having to go through the process. I am sure there were some who got pushed out in the re-picking who had tickets on or near the 50 but I don't think it's surprising that the seats on the 50 are essentially gone (first 6-8 seats of each row) as those are the most sought after (visitor 50 was usually fairly jammed) and most probably were in or near those sections to begin with who are picking within the first week.

I don't think your going to see major displacement until likely next week or maybe even beyond though I know you noted your A choice was gone but I assume you were looking at the 50 or near it. I think most people picking at levels 5 and 6 have sections/seats they've had for year's they are targeting to hopefully get back where they were. I suspect most of them aren't targeting 40/50 yard line seats which will fill in more seats around the Dome as most of those seats should probably be available. I do agree at some point there will be a domino of poeple who got pushed out of say 115/116 or the prim 300 level seats who start taking others, the question is where do they head and what are they looking for.

Those first 8 rows had 544 seats? And last year they were $650 each (although I think some were B last year too). Going to $2500 is a big jump.

This year there are 384 seats? So at a minimum you have 160 displaced. But I bet you less than half of those 384 were in those seats last year. I am sure people who were in $650 seats on the away side and upper decks moved into those seats too. So it is more likely around 350 people were displaced from 101 and 130 rows A to H.

Then you have rows I through S which lost 8 seats a row? So about 175 total, which brings you to 525 displaced in 101 and 130. Rows T through X were removed for ADA seating. So about another 340, and a total of 865. Finally Y to ZZ is about 35 seats, bringing the grand total to about 900 displaced seats from A level 101 and 130.

And that is without factoring in people adding more seats. If you had 4 last year but wanted 6, you couldn't add two right next to you. But now you can. So I bet that the number of displaced 101 and 130 seats is over 1k.

The trickle down effect will be fascinating to watch. Also the change in pricing and how that impacts people's choices. On the home sideline B became A, C became B, and D became C. This will cause some people to move, on top of the displaced ones. But you also have the additional C seats from the removed students. On the away sideline A became B, so you could have the opposite effect where more people want to come in.

I think people who were A or B level will be fine. I would not be surprised though if some C level people will have to shop around for seats that they like. The process might take a little longer for them. It would be nice if we could look at the open seats map beforehand like during the normal upgrade process. I think things would run a lot smoother that way. It is hard to have a plan if you have no clue what the possibilities are.

Last edited:
Those first 8 rows had 544 seats? And last year they were $650 each (although I think some were B last year too). Going to $2500 is a big jump.

This year there are 384 seats? So at a minimum you have 160 displaced. But I bet you less than half of those 384 were in those seats last year. I am sure people who were in $650 seats on the away side and upper decks moved into those seats too. So it is more likely around 350 people were displaced from 101 and 130 rows A to H.

Then you have rows I through S which lost 8 seats a row? So about 175 total, which brings you to 525 displaced in 101 and 130. Rows T through X were removed for ADA seating. So about another 340, and a total of 865. Finally Y to ZZ is about 35 seats, bringing the grand total to about 900 displaced seats from A level 101 and 130.

And that is without factoring in people adding more seats. If you had 4 last year but wanted 6, you couldn't add two right next to you. But now you can. So I bet that the number of displaced 101 and 130 seats is over 1k.

The trickle down effect will be fascinating to watch. Also the change in pricing and how that impacts people's choices. On the home sideline B became A, C became B, and D became C. This will cause some people to move, on top of the displaced ones. But you also have the additional C seats from the removed students. On the away sideline A became B, so you could have the opposite effect where more people want to come in.

I think people who were A or B level will be fine. I would not be surprised though if some C level people will have to shop around for seats that they like. The process might take a little longer for them. It would be nice if we could look at the open seats map beforehand like during the normal upgrade process. I think things would run a lot smoother that way. It is hard to have a plan if you have no clue what the possibilities are.
I agree. And its a harder thing to plan when its 6-8 people in a group as time goes on for some who may have different ideas on what plan B/C might be. Some people will be the reverse and find out the seats they had might get a big upgrade if they are willing to spend money to move to a location they never could get before.

And this is before you deal with 326-329 which is completely gone and see if 122-124 people just flip endzones.

I agree. And its a harder thing to plan when its 6-8 people in a group as time goes on for some who may have different ideas on what plan B/C might be. Some people will be the reverse and find out the seats they had might get a big upgrade if they are willing to spend money to move to a location they never could get before.

And this is before you deal with 326-329 which is completely gone and see if 122-124 people just flip endzones.

But with the Club 44 seats you cannot completely flip end zones either. And if they keep the away section where it was, the people who were in 119-121 have no flip side to go to.

Some will have to go to 103-104 if they want to stay down low, I guess or look for more pricey seats. Again, that's why a preview would be useful because some will have to make big changes without really knowing what options they have.

It will also be interesting to hear the final capacity. If we are going down to 28 seats a row in the upper deck and 26 per row in the lower deck, wouldn't that put seating capacity around 41k?

But with the Club 44 seats you cannot completely flip end zones either. And if they keep the away section where it was, the people who were in 119-121 have no flip side to go to.

111 and 112 are the main visiting sections but there are some seats available in 112 to purchase.

There is little to no room available on the opposite endzone for people who were in the 100 level sections that got displaced

Very unfortunate. This will cause a lot of seat stealing once we start getting into next week.

I’ve gotten a few sneak peaks from others who have gone already and I am already on my plan c or d and it will involve stealing seats.

If you had seasons in 111/112 you’ve also been displaced as this appears to be the new visiting fan section

Student attednance has definitely been up teh last few years but when you look at what SU has blocked out for student tickets this year, it feels like overkill. The have blocked out at least 15 sections in full for student tickets. 119-127 and 325-330. There's also three 200 level sections blocked out but I am not sure that's for students or what is going on there. I suspect SU's gonna have to scramble after the first few games when multiple sections are essentially barren or empty. 119,127,325 and 330 especially seem like they may have issues filling.

Last edited: