2024 Seating Changes | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Student attednance has definitely been up teh last few years but when you look at what SU has blocked out for student tickets this year, it feels like overkill. The have blocked out at least 15 sections in full for student tickets. 119-127 and 325-330. There's also three 200 level sections blocked out but I am not sure that's for students or what is going on there. I suspect SU's gonna have to scramble after the first few sections when multiple sections are essentially barren or empty. 119,127,325 and 330 especially seem like they may have issues filling.

The 100 level is probably pretty equivalent to what they had before on the 100 level when you factor in the reduced seats. The 300 level though seems like 2x the number of sections that they had prior. I think they could have kept 325 and 330 as open for purchase and still had more than enough for the students.

Probably a stupid question - but is there a time limit on how long you have to select your seats? Or is it as simple as you can select any day/time once it opens up to you? I don't plan on waiting long at all, but if I have to "shop around", it may take me more than 10 minutes to do so.

This has probably been asked and answered, but we're on page 89 and I don't want to wade through the previous pages to find this answer. Do you have to choose your seats on your computer when your time comes, or can you call your ticket rep and go through it with him?

How much was the band using in the lower bowl? Were they 107-108 or 109 as well? When you factor in the lost seats will the pretty much fill it?

Probably a stupid question - but is there a time limit on how long you have to select your seats? Or is it as simple as you can select any day/time once it opens up to you? I don't plan on waiting long at all, but if I have to "shop around", it may take me more than 10 minutes to do so.
I believe you have all the time you want once your window opens. But, there are others shopping too.

Once it’s open, you can take as long as you want

This has probably been asked and answered, but we're on page 89 and I don't want to wade through the previous pages to find this answer. Do you have to choose your seats on your computer when your time comes, or can you call your ticket rep and go through it with him?

Yes you can call your ticket rep, but be advised they maybe busy

The 100 level is probably pretty equivalent to what they had before on the 100 level when you factor in the reduced seats. The 300 level though seems like 2x the number of sections that they had prior. I think they could have kept 325 and 330 as open for purchase and still had more than enough for the students.
students were what before? 103 and then 305-306? You can see 327-328 being filled. But I guess they have to make sure they have enough space if the students really come out. 325 and 330 would probably rarely get used unless they really really come out.. but it does create a buffer I guess.

It could be though better to over borrow year 1 because it would be much harder to get seats back next year if the kids need more room

are the kids gonna be first come first server with seats and not benches so no more crowding in? Thats gonna be fun for the ushers to manage

students were what before? 103 and then 305-306? You can see 327-328 being filled. But I guess they have to make sure they have enough space if the students really come out. 325 and 330 would probably rarely get used unless they really really come out.. but it does create a buffer I guess.

It could be though better to over borrow year 1 because it would be much harder to get seats back next year if the kids need more room

They were what is now 102-108 (including the band) and 304-307.

So lower they were 2 sideline, 3 corner, 2 endzone and are going to 6 corner, 3 endzone.

Upper they were 4 corner and are going to 2 corner, 4 endzone.

There is little to no room available on the opposite endzone for people who were in the 100 level sections that got displaced

Very unfortunate. This will cause a lot of seat stealing once we start getting into next week.

I’ve gotten a few sneak peaks from others who have gone already and I am already on my plan c or d and it will involve stealing seats.

If you had seasons in 111/112 you’ve also been displaced as this appears to be the new visiting fan section
The entire East Endzone , Bothe decks, are student sections….correct ?

They were what is now 102-108 (including the band) and 304-307.

So lower they were 2 sideline, 3 corner, 2 endzone and are going to 6 corner, 3 endzone.

Upper they were 4 corner and are going to 2 corner, 4 endzone.
So You can see them easily filling 3 sections when you factor in lost seats and then when they filled the upperdeck using all the space. Whether they consistently do it we can only hope.

The entire East Endzone , Bothe decks, are student sections….correct ?
I see band is only listed as 123. Is that enough room for them now?

I never looked close to see that 119-122 and 124-127 are student seating as well.

It may be that the upperdeck has too much resereved

Be advised that the purchase button below the countdown clock goes live about five minutes before your selection time. When I went in and selected my seats the only action available was “Compare Seats” If I waited a couple of minutes I believe the “Add to Cart” option would have popped up, but I was impatient, called my rep who answered on the first ring and took care of everything for me.

Part of the issue with empty areas in the student section is a change in pricing that I believe occurred in 2021. Prior to the pandemic, student ticket sales were strong among freshmen but dropped off precipitously each subsequent year. To combat this a four year plan was instituted that essentially allowed an incoming freshman to pay for three years upfront and get the fourth free.

I would be interested to see redemption rates now that some of these students are seniors. Also wondering if there is a buy back program for students that graduate early, transfer or drop out

I see band is only listed as 123. Is that enough room for them now?

I never looked close to see that 119-122 and 124-127 are student seating as well.

It may be that the upperdeck has too much resereved
I believe I saw a chart and it had the East endzone both the 100 , 200 and 300 levels designated as Student seating, That’s probably 7 or 8 k seats. Perhaps after they find out how many ticket packages the students take they will open up for the public. Unless I misread the chart

I believe I saw a chart and it had the East endzone both the 100 , 200 and 300 levels designated as Student seating, That’s probably 7 or 8 k seats. Perhaps after they find out how many ticket packages the students take they will open up for the public. Unless I misread the chart

200 level is not included

Part of the issue with empty areas in the student section is a change in pricing that I believe occurred in 2021. Prior to the pandemic, student ticket sales were strong among freshmen but dropped off precipitously each subsequent year. To combat this a four year plan was instituted that essentially allowed an incoming freshman to pay for three years upfront and get the fourth free.

I would be interested to see redemption rates now that some of these students are seniors. Also wondering if there is a buy back program for students that graduate early, transfer or drop out
Can the Mets use this for Diaz too?

But with the Club 44 seats you cannot completely flip end zones either. And if they keep the away section where it was, the people who were in 119-121 have no flip side to go to.
IMHO those Club 44 end zone seats will be a hard sell...

It will also be interesting to hear the final capacity. If we are going down to 28 seats a row in the upper deck and 26 per row in the lower deck, wouldn't that put seating capacity around 41k?
Torrey Ball said 44K on Orangenation but I think he mispoke

Once you’re in to your selection, it’s open until you select your seats. Once you get into parking, you have a time limit. I just selected and it was easy. I could have gotten a little closer to the fifty, but we wanted to sit next to some friends. I’m pleased where we ended up.