2024 Seating Changes | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

"Tell your son I'm getting a restraining order against him. Best, JW"
He actually insinuated that she was too stupid to comprehend what Tory Pakusch was saying to her. So she kindly thanked him but let him know that she had a decent grasp on the English language. Hehe.

Test it and let us know.
I did, it says you cant. Thats why I asked since my link to the donor ranking page was also not working and only works about half the time anyway on the new page.

QR codes through TM are always refreshing so that they can't be used via screenshot, printed out, etc. This limits the ability for people to send the same ticket to multiple people.

How do the tickets which display no code - you just have to hold your phone by a reader - work? Is that different than having a QR code scanned, or basically the same.?

Very interesting. I've been thinking about all this. I have 6 families that I'm the lead guy for. We've all sat together at games through thick and thin. The problem is I'm pretty sure we are all in different donor rank windows. But I don't actually know this. I guess I have to do more homework. I wonder how wide the donor rank "bands" will be. Man, maybe we really all do a Zoom like you said.
What if for just this season you buy 12 seats. They pay you of course to cover up front costs. Then next year you pass them back to them? You lock them into the seats for this year and then they take them back next year. If that makes sense

I've left home games early too

Football with my travel on gameday (90 mins minimum each way) and tailgating is a minimum 12 hr day

If we are getting beat badly I'll leave in the 3rd or 4th Q. By badly like 28 pts mid 3rd or 17 pts late 4th.
Well probably because you have to plan more tailgating essays.

QR codes through TM are always refreshing so that they can't be used via screenshot, printed out, etc. This limits the ability for people to send the same ticket to multiple people.

PDF tickets were a disaster for this reason.

Sooner rather than later, your face will be your ticket at some venues. It's already happening in premier league stadiums in the UK. MSG does a lot with facial recognition.
Yeah, Dolan has used it to keep out people he doesn’t like from his venues!

same
I'm thinking an extra seat is more valuable now.. Wont be easy to just have people sit with you now. Even small crowds are going to go from 70% full to closer to 80-85% full when you factor in the seats that the students will control.

a 40K crowd now will seem like a 48K crowd did. No extra people in a row any more either

Last edited:
For sure. I'm the tailgate by the CBS sports flag guys. We only fly 2 flags though.
Oh I know you guys! Ive stopped by and talked to you many times. We 'on the grass' crew at Manley N always call you guys the 'cbs sports flag crew'. 690west and David332, you know!

Hope the university asks why students leave early. A few years ago at 2 consecutive home games I asked a number of students why they were leaving at half time. They told me they wanted something to eat and they needed to get to the cafeterias for a meal they had already paid for before they closed and then head out to get together after the game. I don’t know if they were being truthful or even if it was the majority opinion but if the cafeterias do close to use their meal tickets during the games (think they were noon starts) I’d think there are possible solutions that could be looked at.

This is factual

Students are pushing to be able to use their meal cards in the dome

Hope this happens

This is factual

Students are pushing to be able to use their meal cards in the dome

Hope this happens
Would make a lot of sense to designate certain stands in that area for this. Or figure out something in the new Miron Victory area.

I had a conversation today with my 'account representative' at SU.

I asked him about those 'ADA Seating' designations, one of which is over my current seat at the top of 117. I asked if that meant "Americans With Disabilities Act", (it did) and if if that meant that my current location was eliminated for the non-disabled season ticket holders like me. He said that my seat was still there, that the space above that label in the section map represents two rows above the ADA seating that are still available. You'd never be able to tell that from the map.

I asked about upgrading to 116 to get closer to the 50 yard line and down to level 2 for basketball to avoid the climb to level 3 and he said that's possible. I should call him back on 2/1 for football and 2/20 for basketball to discuss that. (I can afford it better at 70 than I could at 26).

I asked how I check my score for seniority and contribution level and what it would take to upgrade. He said to call him back on 2/1 and 2/21 and we'll discuss that, too.

I asked how I can tell what seats were taken or previously held by season ticket holders. I wouldn't want to break up a group by selecting one of their seats and be told "That's Charley's seat", only to have Charley holler from ten rows down and tell his friends that he's down there now while his friends glare at me. He said not to worry about that. If I get one of their traditional seats, they can find somewhere else for the group to sit. That didn't sound fair, either. What we need is a map identifying the current locations of season ticket holders, (no names: just a blue dot) and/or seats taken in the new configuration so I can pick one not currently used and avoid the problem.

I asked him about those 'ADA Seating' designations, one of which is over my current seat at the top of 117. I asked if that meant "Americans With Disabilities Act", (it did) and if if that meant that my current location was eliminated for the non-disabled season ticket holders like me. He said that my seat was still there, that the space above that label in the section map represents two rows above the ADA seating that are still available. You'd never be able to tell that from the map.

I asked about upgrading to 116 to get closer to the 50 yard line and down to level 2 for basketball to avoid the climb to level 3 and he said that's possible. I should call him back on 2/1 for football and 2/20 for basketball to discuss that. (I can afford it better at 70 than I could at 26).

I asked how I check my score for seniority and contribution level and what it would take to upgrade. He said to call him back on 2/1 and 2/21 and we'll discuss that, too.

I asked how I can tell what seats were taken or previously held by season ticket holders. I wouldn't want to break up a group by selecting one of their seats and be told "That's Charley's seat", only to have Charley holler from ten rows down and tell his friends that he's down there now while his friends glare at me. He said not to worry about that. If I get one of their traditional seats, they can find somewhere else for the group to sit. That didn't sound fair, either. What we need is a map identifying the current locations of season ticket holders, (no names: just a blue dot) and/or seats taken in the new configuration so I can pick one not currently used and avoid the problem.

Would be a great idea too!

To clarify... I'm not the CBS sports flag crew, I'm BY them lol.
Well, we are all one big orange family, no matter which floor our bedroom is on lol..but, to be clear, all of us on the Manley floor are a true breed of tailgating:) Ill be sure to say hi to you next fall, next to the cbs flag crew, of course!

Well, we are all one big orange family, no matter which floor our bedroom is on lol..but, to be clear, all of us on the Manley floor are a true breed of tailgating:) Ill be sure to say hi to you next fall, next to the cbs flag crew, of course!
Same!

I like this idea only if they label Bees seats so we can swipe those.

Pretty much assured that some people are going to lose seats but stay in the same area.. when all the upper deck endzones get moved something is gonna give. I dont think the $100 people are gonna jump to $250 tickets..

So wait a few weeks and maybe the fix the donor and priority pts issues. maybe

I'm thinking an extra seat is more valuable now.. Wont be easy to just have people sit with you now. Even small crowds are going to go from 70% full to closer to 80-85% full when you factor in the seats that the students will control.

a 40K crowd now will seem like a 48K crowd did. No extra people in a row any more either
I expect it is going to suck going forward in going out to the aisle from seats towards the middle of rows. No longer can you easily hop rows and I expect the rows will have less maneuver room. Hope I'm wrong

Pretty much assured that some people are going to lose seats but stay in the same area.. when all the upper deck endzones get moved something is gonna give. I dont think the $100 people are gonna jump to $250 tickets..

So wait a few weeks and maybe the fix the donor and priority pts issues. maybe
FB has $150 and $200 sections too.