2024 Seating Changes | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

Yeah so I have been waiting to see some confirmations about that before I pull the trigger. My rep didn't respond to my question directly on that either. If donations before May 1st don't move the needle on rankings, then there is no incentive to further donate.
also donations only help if it moves you over a donor level

In some talks today it became clear that the donor page is not really a reflection of current status at all. That would explain why people who have donated money are not seeing it on the page. It also clears up the fact that any ticket renewals will not show up on the page and will not be added to the amounts on the page. It is purely a ranking of where you stood last year and across previous years even when it says 23-24 at the top.

At this point anyone who has not renewed is at zero unless they donated extra funds, and even that is not on the page yet. Many people are being ranked at the 1-2-3 pts of how many sports they support as a STH and that is why so many have the exact same donor ranking within the level.

The concern now is that some long time fball people with good seats are going to jumped by almost everyone with bball tickets and even the cheapest fball tickets if they don't support both teams

A part of me gets the reward value of supporting both teams but also if I was a 20 yr FB STH and someone with 1 yr of FB and 1 yr of BB and 20 of Lax took my seats I might not be all that happy about it.

Additionally, my account does not reflect the fact I have had tickets for 35 yrs, not even the 20 yrs for the priority pts.

the amount of new renewals does indeed point to it harder to get tickets going forward though. Just guessing but with the removal of seats and new STH additions we are going from like 30% empty to 20% or less pretty fast. The avg 15-20K of empty seats might be on avg 5-10K and that will also drive more interest just to get in the building
Just remember every year 10 to 15% of folks don't renew for various reasons. If you don't like your seats for '24 within a year or two you should be able to adjust.

tick tick tick.

now on to the back end of the month with no updates.
I was told two weeks that manual entries were being made for the longevity points due to an issue with Ticketmaster and my account would be updated on April 15th. I hope it’s true. :):)

Maybe, but Sidearm holds the site they are using, doesn't it? Was TM being used 20 yrs ago for holding ticket data? Maybe they have no internal data on how long people had tickets?

They use TM. It’s a cluster and a disaster for everyone who uses it. Wish they’d switch to SeatGeek. But they’re not part of the Pacolian deal that did.
givecuse.com is a sidearm site and that is where the donor data is housed though.

My rep was out on a medical leave and the head guy called me about a week ago (in response to an email) and gave me an update on my donations. Then my rep came back and called me on Wednesday with other figures, and then was supposed to find out which was correct so I could "Level up" and he was supposed to call me back on Thursday. It is Sunday, and I have not heard. If I have to pull teeth to make a proper donation, why am I donating at all?

I still have no idea why they thought not keeping the levels updated was a good thing. My last conversation they said that they have had zero complaints about the lack of updates. Of course when we had the discussion and it became clear the donor levels you see online have nothing to do with current donation levels, that just means to me there is going to be more confusion once they actually get a real standing posted.

We have had dozens here post confusion on levels and pts, maybe no one cares outside this group?

I tried to explain that giving me the correct number that may change as more people donate is better than giving me the wrong number and not letting me know that.

I still have no idea why they thought not keeping the levels updated was a good thing. My last conversation they said that they have had zero complaints about the lack of updates. Of course when we had the discussion and it became clear the donor levels you see online have nothing to do with current donation levels, that just means to me there is going to be more confusion once they actually get a real standing posted.

We have had dozens here post confusion on levels and pts, maybe no one cares outside this group?

I tried to explain that giving me the correct number that may change as more people donate is better than giving me the wrong number and not letting me know that.
Finished the calculations of longevity bonuses last week. Reps have all the current data and donor rank page will be updated by the end of this week.

Good to know.

So, my question is, if the entry is manual, then how does it get adjusted when you change donor levels? They can't be adjusting 2-3000 people at a time when someone donates and jumps a level ?

Good to know.

So, my question is, if the entry is manual, then how does it get adjusted when you change donor levels? They can't be adjusting 2-3000 people at a time when someone donates and jumps a level ?
You don’t change giving levels based on the manual process of applying longevity bonuses to priority points. Longevity bonus simply adds priority points used to sort within a level.

You don’t change giving levels based on the manual process of applying longevity bonuses to priority points. Longevity bonus simply adds priority points used to sort within a level.
Yes.. So if you are #500 in your level based on pts and you donate X money to go to a different level you then become # whatever in that new level based on pts and every person within that level with less pts gets adjusted and everyone below you in the level you left gets adjusted and then that happens however many times a person donates to change levels.

I was told there is Sidearm has no way to actually maintain the ranking levels so they adjust them manually even though the data has been given to Sidearm.

In theory you could be #500 in a lower level with tons of long time STH and move up a level and be #1 in a higher level with less long time STH in that level.

All of this still begs the question on how the actual ticket purchase works. if its groups of people within slots of time or individual people with a slot of time. If its groups of people, then the actual ranking of 1-10 then being exact matters a bit less than if its 1 2 3 4 5...

Those people who want aisle seats or center of a row or whatever care more about being in the correct ranking than those who just want a general area of a section.

When I had discussions with the ticket people, they implied they felt confident they could keep you pretty close to your current location, but in reading this thread there is a good number of people attached to aisle seating or location to friends and rankings matter much more to those people. In that discussion they said they didn't plan the execution to deal with people wanting more exact locations.

Yes.. So if you are #500 in your level based on pts and you donate X money to go to a different level you then become # whatever in that new level based on pts and every person within that level with less pts gets adjusted and everyone below you in the level you left gets adjusted and then that happens however many times a person donates to change levels.

I was told there is Sidearm has no way to actually maintain the ranking levels so they adjust them manually even though the data has been given to Sidearm.

In theory you could be #500 in a lower level with tons of long time STH and move up a level and be #1 in a higher level with less long time STH in that level.

All of this still begs the question on how the actual ticket purchase works. if its groups of people within slots of time or individual people with a slot of time. If its groups of people, then the actual ranking of 1-10 then being exact matters a bit less than if its 1 2 3 4 5...

Those people who want aisle seats or center of a row or whatever care more about being in the correct ranking than those who just want a general area of a section.

When I had discussions with the ticket people, they implied they felt confident they could keep you pretty close to your current location, but in reading this thread there is a good number of people attached to aisle seating or location to friends and rankings matter much more to those people. In that discussion they said they didn't plan the execution to deal with people wanting more exact locations.
I would rely much more on what the ticket people told you than what some people said on an Internet message board. You will see your current rank in a few days. It’s all fluid until it locks on May 1. I have a call with SU tomorrand will try to get an answer about the mechanics of the process.

They use TM. It’s a cluster and a disaster for everyone who uses it. Wish they’d switch to SeatGeek. But they’re not part of the Pacolian deal that did.
Paciolan is SO much worse than TM.

TM is definitely dated and I don't love the backend but unless you have a custom built ticket site (which there aren't many) it's the best option out there.

Paciolan is SO much worse than TM.

TM is definitely dated and I don't love the backend but unless you have a custom built ticket site (which there aren't many) it's the best option out there.
Fee structure for both are horrific for the consumer. Also relatively expensive for the client.

Vivenu is an emerging company that limits fees. Customizable builds. Inexpensive solution. Most Euro soccer teams use it.

Fee structure for both are horrific for the consumer. Also relatively expensive for the client.

Vivenu is an emerging company that limits fees. Customizable builds. Inexpensive solution. Most Euro soccer teams use it.
Every ticketing company has fees. It doesn't change how the back end works, and fact of the matter is most teams use TM because it's the best.

Without saying too much, I disagree on Vivenu. And they work with just a few Euro teams (which doesn't scale to how American sports work).

Every ticketing company has fees. It doesn't change how the back end works, and fact of the matter is most teams use TM because it's the best.

Without saying too much, I disagree on Vivenu. And they work with just a few Euro teams (which doesn't scale to how American sports work).
Different orgs have different needs. Bang for your buck, Vivenu is very economical. If you have the funds and scale needed to support TM or Paciolan, they do have more infrastructure to help support.

Different orgs have different needs. Bang for your buck, Vivenu is very economical. If you have the funds and scale needed to support TM or Paciolan, they do have more infrastructure to help support.
Right, but why would Syracuse, with a 42k+ stadium, make that switch?

If you're a minor league baseball team, sure. But TM does so much more that Vivenu currently can't.

Couple things I learned today when renewing and adding 6 more season tickets to our group.

1. New tickets you add will be at the $99 level, regardless of where your current seats are. So you'll get $44 per ticket for the donation pool. The worry was that people would buy higher priced seats for the donation then ask for refunds. They'll true up the amount when you select your actual seats.

2. Sounds like the May 13 email will give you the day and a 5 minute window that is yours to pick your seat. I'm in no mood to math out the time that could take, depends on average tickets per season ticket holder.

3. I bought all the tickets today, but still not sure when that will reflect on my donor page, I'll check back tomorrow. Just want to have a good sense of where I am before I rally the troops for an extra donation.

Take all of that with a grain of salt. I have the attention span of a goldfish, so I may not be relaying this correctly.

Couple things I learned today when renewing and adding 6 more season tickets to our group.

1. New tickets you add will be at the $99 level, regardless of where your current seats are. So you'll get $44 per ticket for the donation pool. The worry was that people would buy higher priced seats for the donation then ask for refunds. They'll true up the amount when you select your actual seats.

2. Sounds like the May 13 email will give you the day and a 5 minute window that is yours to pick your seat. I'm in no mood to math out the time that could take, depends on average tickets per season ticket holder.

3. I bought all the tickets today, but still not sure when that will reflect on my donor page, I'll check back tomorrow. Just want to have a good sense of where I am before I rally the troops for an extra donation.

Take all of that with a grain of salt. I have the attention span of a goldfish, so I may not be relaying this correctly.

If it works like the parking lottery, you can't log into the site BEFORE your assigned time, but you can come in anytime after.

5 min window. So 12 an hr x 24 = 288 a day.

How many do we think we have 5k-10k of STH?

Thats 25-50 days.. if you go to an 8hr work window thats 2-4 months?

5 min window. So 12 an hr x 24 = 288 a day.

How many do we think we have 5k-10k of STH?

Thats 25-50 days.. if you go to an 8hr work window thats 2-4 months?

That assumes 1 seat per 5 minute window. My window will knock out 8 seats.

Depends what the average number of seats per ticket holder is. My guess is it’s at a minimum 2, probably more like 3+.

That assumes 1 seat per 5 minute window. My window will knock out 8 seats.

Depends what the average number of seats per ticket holder is. My guess is it’s at a minimum 2, probably more like 3+.
If we have 20k Season tickets and its 4 per thats 5K. I dont think we really know the number of unique holder accts do we?

Just going by the donor rankings there is at least 5-10K but that includes all sports so who knows how many in fb in this one time process?

One thing that makes it tough to know to donate to move levels is that you dont have any idea of where you stand in the FB pool for tickets just the overall pool across sports.

I mean you could be #1000 in the level and think you need jump up only to find the 999 ahead of you are all BB people and not even in the pool for buying fb tickets.

Still we heard new levels come April, then mid April, then the 19th of April, if the weekend goes by we are 10 days away from May 1st and still all in the dark.

The only thing we do know is that new STH have put down deposits on a large number of tickets so if the Spring game brings in more, between new people and less seats in the dome its gonna look way better come the first game for the TV.