2024 Seating Changes | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Seating Changes

You would have had to not take that year off to get credit.

They could have passed the seats on to you and into your name the year your father passed.

Unfortunately, because you took a year off, basically there isn’t much they can do….
Yes, SU could have passed on the seats to your name, but you would only get the longevity points from when they went to you, not your father’s tenure as a STH.

But were all donors given a time slot, in case they would like to become STHs?

No, only those who are renewing or becoming new season ticket holders

From how I understand it, all new season ticket holders were picking after renewing season ticket holders no matter what their donor rank/donation was

This was a move to protect the base and the long time season ticket holders

That doesn’t seem right. We’ve had about 20k season tickets sold give or take a few thousand.
20k / 5k is 4 tickets per group?

Also none of thousands of multi game packages count in this
Not everyone renewed, even if thats a few hundred people thats probably a thousand.

On this board we know people consolidated accts to try and move around. Who knows how many did that.

Several thousand tickets have been put down for purchase but people can back out of that as well.

I dont think new people have any time slot or they all get the same timeslot?

Even in this process at one point when we started donor level stuff we had many people with the same ranking.

And some people are not part of this because of getting some special treatment most likely.

How many seats are in the box seating? Thats not a part of this either. Thats got to be 1 or 2k doesnt it?

Closer to 6000 accounts.

I'm like 5700-something. 2 tickets, pretty minimum priority pts.
5700 is not the fb donor number though. Its the donor level across all people with STH across all sports.

20k / 5k is 4 tickets per group?

Also none of thousands of multi game packages count in this
Not everyone renewed, even if thats a few hundred people thats probably a thousand.

On this board we know people consolidated accts to try and move around. Who knows how many did that.

Several thousand tickets have been put down for purchase but people can back out of that as well.

I dont think new people have any time slot or they all get the same timeslot?

Even in this process at one point when we started donor level stuff we had many people with the same ranking.

And some people are not part of this because of getting some special treatment most likely.

How many seats are in the box seating? Thats not a part of this either. Thats got to be 1 or 2k doesnt it?
There are 41 private suites, not including the Executive Club, née Weitsman’s Wonderland. The suites used to have 4 rows of 6 seats. They will now have 4 rows of 5 new, plush seats. So that‘s 820 seats for those playing along at home.

No, only those who are renewing or becoming new season ticket holders

From how I understand it, all new season ticket holders were picking after renewing season ticket holders no matter what their donor rank/donation was

This was a move to protect the base and the long time season ticket holders
Slight correction. I believe donor rank still prevails. A new season ticket holder was only slotted in at the $99 level regardless of the seats they intended to purchase. Unless they bought 12 seats that would give them a donation of less than $500 and place them in Group 8 Varsity with 4 priority points. A renewing ticket holder would get a 5 point longevity bonus for each year, so even if it is their first year renewing, they would slot ahead of any newbies as long as they have a minimum donation of $100.
However, if the newbie makes a nonrefundable donation to the Athletics Opportunity Fund, that Donation will enable them to move up through the levels and their time slot will earlier in the process.
Pretty strong protection for the base, but leaves some wiggle room if a newbie wants to make a significant contribution.

The math nerds here figured the new capacity would be about 42k before we found out that the 300 level seat widths would stay the same. Is it surprising that we lost most of the 8,000 seats in the lower bowl? That’s a lot to sacrifice for the pleasure of a couple extra inches.

There are 41 private suites, not including the Executive Club, née Weitsman’s Wonderland. The suites used to have 4 rows of 6 seats. They will now have 4 rows of 5 new, plush seats. So that‘s 820 seats for those playing along at home.
But each private box suite likely has just one account holder name (or corporation) of record. So in theory, thats only 41 donor rank spots holdong 820ish seats. My guess is box owners are in a different category and a part of the people not in this whole process. SU would not let someone like us who are current STH drop 50k, move way up in donor rank, and steal a suite from someone who had it for 30 yrs.

Side note, I don't have 50k to do so anyway :)

I was told a new FB STH no matter where they would potentially slot are not buying in this first round of tickets.

This was done because a new FB STH could be someone with a huge amount of BB donor points. They will still be behind every current FB STH

And all the people in the suites are being done separately as well even with the donor ranking they may have.

I went with my dad for 30+ years (and paid my share of the cost for me and then later my 2 kids). He passed away ~2 years ago and then I opened a new account under my name after taking 1 year off to figure things out. When I contacted my rep he said there was nothing he could do to transfer loyalty points despite being direct family. Either my rep is not one of the better employees, or I am just having a horrible case of bad luck and timing.

Putting fans first should not mean a one-time donation lets a first-timer cut the line. Right now my pick date is June 21 with all the other newbs. Just feels wrong. And personally, I think everyone who held seasons during the Gerg years should automatically move to the head of the line.

Hey, sorry to hear about all of these issues. Unfortunately as JR noted, it was the year off that unfortunately caused the issues with SU. If you had them transitioned before that next season you should have been able to not only get the tickets but also all of the priority points etc that came into play for this season. I think unfortunately you ran into some bad luck and timing which is understandable with what happened.

Is this your first year back with seasons? If so that's most likely whey they have you picking so late.

Yes. I was informed that I go behind all renewals. Im ok with that
Did you make a separate donation to the Athletics Opportunity Fund prior to May 1, or just a deposit on tickets?