2024 Spring Practice | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Spring Practice

Cuse picks up many season ticket deposits after the spring game

But usually at the spring game they have out numbers that display the cost of a season ticket in that section.

It’s not unusual for Syracuse to get a large push of season tickets from the spring game.
People who buy seasons at the spring game are already considering doing that.

The conversion rate of getting a casual fan (maybe one who hasn't been to a game in a couple of years) to walk in, see 20 minutes of a milquetoast scrimmage, and buy seasons based on that, especially given average performance for the past 20 years combined with engrained Syracuse cynicism, would be less than 1%.

Last edited:
I watched LeQuint’s half smile when he said he can’t wait for the season in response to a question about Yasin, roughly 10 times
what does a half smile mean? Is he hearing hoofbeats?

Polite reminder to people that Allen rushed for 100 yards or more in 4 of his last 5 regular season games.

Im excited to potentially have a second PTG like option too but Yasin would have to be a prodigy to take over as starter right now.

Polite reminder to people that Allen rushed for 100 yards or more in 4 of his last 5 regular season games.

Im excited about have a second PTG like option too but Yasin would have to be a prodigy to take over as starter right now.
I don't think "Allen being pushed" means he's going to lose his starting job. Price was Allen's primary backup last season, and he got a whopping 47 carriers, while Allen got ~250. It means having another body you can rely on in that room to ease the burden.

Im excited to potentially have a second PTG like option too but Yasin would have to be a prodigy to take over as starter right now.
Just will be happy to see the number 2 and number 3 get more than a couple carries a game. Never understood running 1 back 99% every game.

Huh?

sure he will play, but what’s with starter snaps. What does that mean?
The 2018 season we had 3 running backs and Dungey. Keep the running backs fresh, to run, catch passes and block.
I think you will see occasionally 2 back sets, plus 2 Tight end sets.

He'll get as many snaps as LQ. That's a guess.
Nah. Based on post-practice Q and A's, Allen is a "3-down back." The coaches have been guarded about praise for Willis, but effusive about Allen's ethic, leadership, skills ("maybe the best hands on the team") and opportunity. Price and Willis will get more shots than Price did last year, but the position is Allen's to lose.

He'll get as many snaps as LQ. That's a guess
I dont think so. i could be wrong but i would say normal game would be 15-20 for allen and 5-10 for willis. Obviously depending on game and opponent.

Nah. Based on post-practice Q and A's, Allen is a "3-down back." The coaches have been guarded about praise for Willis, but effusive about Allen's ethic, leadership, skills ("maybe the best hands on the team") and opportunity. Price and Willis will get more shots than Price did last year, but the position is Allen's to lose.
I like Allen but I can see all of them getting less reps. There will be another RB added to the room

I like Allen but I can see all of them getting less reps. There will be another RB added to the room
Money comes in with a curveball from 12 to 6! Was not thinking that direction at all. The plot twist!
IMG_0647.gif

Dont see us going into season with only 2 upper class RB’s and 2 Freshman Outside of WO’s

You know how we usually get worn down and beaten up in Nov - no depth, no QB or even a serviceable back-up, patchwork O-line?

Well, it's all changing and evolving now. This staff will not quietly surrender to 2nd class status and won't let the players occupy a "let's try to make this a respectable loss" mode either. We're going to be the ones who knock (your *sses down) now.

To wit: 2 stud RBs, enough skilled WRs to fill 2 WR rooms, OL improvements. The Diggs boys. Leaders everywhere. Jakhari will not be a deer in the headlights if McCord goes down. The team will pull together.
The pieces are there, catalyzed by a hungry, young staff that has been waiting to get the keys to a real program since they were playing kick the can in Camden (corny Boomer reference).

Yeah, sheet can still happen, but we're miles ahead of late last year's tacit defeatist attitude - games you knew they couldn't win or even keep up in. How do you have one injury-hampered and gutsy QB as your only hope for salvation?

We are so fortunate JW considered this young coach from NJ who reached out to him. It's a tribute to JW that he moved out of his white collar, comfort zone and saw both the fire and calculated assurance in this street wise man of inestimable depth and magnetism.

We are soon to be part of "the national conversation" that Dr. Gross ballyhooed with such pomposity. Now it's actually happening.

OK. It's off season and I'm finished drinking the Kool-Aid of my own recipe. My thirst is slaked, so now I'm putting my Orange colored glasses back on.
LFGO!

Do you have a name? Or is this just the coach’s wishlist?

You know how we usually get worn down and beaten up in Nov - no depth, no QB or even a serviceable back-up, patchwork O-line?

Well, it's all changing and evolving now. This staff will not quietly surrender to 2nd class status and won't let the players occupy a "let's try to make this a respectable loss" mode either. We're going to be the ones who knock (your *sses down) now.

To wit: 2 stud RBs, enough skilled WRs to fill 2 WR rooms, OL improvements. The Diggs boys. Leaders everywhere. Jakhari will not be a deer in the headlights if McCord goes down. The team will pull together.
The pieces are there, catalyzed by a hungry, young staff that has been waiting to get the keys to a real program since they were playing kick the can in Camden (corny Boomer reference).

Yeah, sheet can still happen, but we're miles ahead of late last year's tacit defeatist attitude - games you knew they couldn't win or even keep up in. How do you have one injury-hampered and gutsy QB as your only hope for salvation?

We are so fortunate JW considered this young coach from NJ who reached out to him. It's a tribute to JW that he moved out of his white collar, comfort zone and saw both the fire and calculated assurance in this street wise man of inestimable depth and magnetism.

We are soon to be part of "the national conversation" that Dr. Gross ballyhooed with such pomposity. Now it's actually happening.

OK. It's off season and I'm finished drinking the Kool-Aid of my own recipe. My thirst is slaked, so now I'm putting my Orange colored glasses back on.
LFGO!
f558a5e7-e433-4618-9cae-b89fd70bdc57_text.gif

That's fine but I suspect Willis is a back like we haven't seen here in a long time. Kid has all the tools and at 6-1 215 with a spring under his belt it's hard not to think he won't make waves. #1 player in NJ and legit SEC offers.

Glad there's enthusiasm over Willis. That said, it's been a handful of practices and they haven't started tackling yet much I don't think.

A lot of folks forgetting/unaware the complexity of the RB position beyond simply carrying the ball. Think Fran alluded to as much in when asked as well... The frosh are going to have to learn to block in pass pro and run routes consistently before the coaches trust them with any extended burn.

Might get a series here and there early but we're not going to risk a missed block ending McCord's season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom