2024 Spring Practice | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Spring Practice

For all the Pena doubters earlier in the thread, Fran singles him out around the 5 min mark as a guy to watch.
I don’t doubt Peña as a returner. Not sure how much time he receives at receiver during the season.

I do.

Here's why:
Marlowe clearly isn't a shoo-in for the NFL draft pick as "just" a LB.
So, he will need to show he's also a ST's ace.
Playing ST's for us will allow him to get it on film.

We had Mikel on ST's his final season.

And Zaire initially made the Colts on ST's.
And since worked his way up to starter, Captain, and franchise record holder for tackles in a season.
It's true, starters and regulars want to be on special teams to put it on film for NFL teams, they know STs experience is valued

I’m still a Peña doubter, but I’d love to be proven wrong. If he’s a solid 4th WR or so, and is smart in the return game (if he contributes there) I’ll be a happy guy.

Pena has to stay healthy, most of his issues are that he can't stay on the field. Not his faul but that's the truth, he's been hurt every year unfortunately.

It sounds that way to me as well. I was a pro-retaining Dino guy because I was terrified of how awful the team would look like if Wax, Villari, Barron, OG, Lequint, etc. all hit the portal because we hired the damn Holy Cross coach (which I cannot believe we were minutes away from doing in the first place). But it now sounds as though those guys would have left regardless. What a gift from the football gods that HCFB decided to go out and quite literally steal this job himself. He is everything this fanbase has wanted from a coach for decades thus far.
Love the video of Snoop Dogg on Syracuse football! I'm 73 now in NYC but I remember the Archbold Stadium days. Also not a big fan of rap but seeing Snoop Dogg's video makes Syracuse football very cool again. Great to seeing Syracuse football becoming as cool as the 1960's team that beat Texas in the Cotton Bowl. BTW, After the game the team was invited to the Cotton Bowl dinner - except Ernie Davis, the star of the team, was told he could come to get an award but couldn't stay for the dinner because of segregation. So the whole team voted to not attend. Love that story! I remember hearing the game on radio because our TV was broken.

Love the video of Snoop Dogg on Syracuse football! I'm 73 now in NYC but I remember the Archbold Stadium days. Also not a big fan of rap but seeing Snoop Dogg's video makes Syracuse football very cool again. Great to seeing Syracuse football becoming as cool as the 1960's team that beat Texas in the Cotton Bowl. BTW, After the game the team was invited to the Cotton Bowl dinner - except Ernie Davis, the star of the team, was told he could come to get an award but couldn't stay for the dinner because of segregation. So the whole team voted to not attend. Love that story! I remember hearing the game on radio because our TV was broken.
Unfortunately, the Snoop video was AI.

Pena has to stay healthy, most of his issues are that he can't stay on the field. Not his faul but that's the truth, he's been hurt every year unfortunately.
True, but now he's also going up against probably the steepest competition of his SU career. Like I've said previously, I hope that he has a great year, I would just be surprised if he's a difference maker on this team. He has more of a chance of being one if he is the main PR or KR guy.

This was hinted at by Fran on one of his interviews or the recent press conference where he mentioned about having Kevin Johnson talk to one of the players on the team about something.
I heard that and was curious who it was about. Interesting to see. If Davis wants to only play QB then we can probably expect some portal action from him. Would be interested to see what happens if he stays and makes a go of it at WR.

Has CDRW been practicing that much during spring ball? I know that he's coming off an injury. I know guys generally don't transfer in to be a backup, but that QB room is looking mighty thin once you get past the starter. I know that we have a couple on the way, with one being a walk on, but we could use some depth.

Has CDRW been practicing that much during spring ball? I know that he's coming off an injury. I know guys generally don't transfer in to be a backup, but that QB room is looking mighty thin once you get past the starter. I know that we have a couple on the way, with one being a walk on, but we could use some depth.
He practiced fully today, took reps all w the 2nd team

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom