2024 Transfer Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Transfer Thread

Rumors that the Tufts Fogo is in the portal, first team all American in 2023
Played on the hockey team too. I think he might have 3 more seasons of eligibility with the covid add-on? It's a little murky since they list him as not being on the roster in 20-21.

Last edited:
Well this is quite an addition. No hard feelings Josh!

Someone over at Fanlax already mentioned he has applied to a grad program at Michigan but if he is keeping his options open and wants to go home Duke seems almost too obvious of a choice.

Someone over at Fanlax already mentioned he has applied to a grad program at Michigan but if he is keeping his options open and wants to go home Duke seems almost too obvious of a choice.

This feels like he is in just to feel out his potential options as he does appear to have applied to grad school at Michigan. That said Duke does make a lot of sense especially with Dyson Williams gone and The great O'neil on his last chance to win a title. Hard to see SU being a fit for a variety of reasons even though they could certain use a dodging attackmen.

This feels like he is in just to feel out his potential options as he does appear to have applied to grad school at Michigan. That said Duke does make a lot of sense especially with Dyson Williams gone and The great O'neil on his last chance to win a title. Hard to see SU being a fit for a variety of reasons even though they could certain use a dodging attackmen.

I think you're probably right, particularly if he is happy at Michigan. Obviously the current staff didn't recruit him here but wonder of they would at least show interest if he does look elsewhere?

I think you're probably right, particularly if he is happy at Michigan. Obviously the current staff didn't recruit him here but wonder of they would at least show interest if he does look elsewhere?

I could be wrong but I assume he's looking to see if any good size NIL deals develop or a situation he can't pass up. I could see a lot of schools being interested ie Rutty, UNC, Ohio State etc but seems likely he would only leave for a contender and a large NIL deal. Duke jumps out as does G-town but not sure G-town is in a better position then Michigan would be. If Pat Kavanaugh decided to forego his Sr year ND would potentially make sense but that seems unlikely.

Dyson Williams should be back for Duke next year. Given he's a North Carolina native, Duke and UNC do make sense. I just don't see a guy who played four years at attack being willing to play midfield, which he most likely would do at Duke. I could totally be wrong of course (it seems this is happening with McLane and Notre Dame). UNC could be intriguing, they return a lot at righty attack (James Matan, Dewey Egan, Lance Tillman, Owen Duffy) but Breschi doesn't seem like the type to care much about over recruiting.

Maybe I'm being naive but it seems like he makes a ton of sense for SU. He's got a Canadian style background after playing at the Hill Academy and Syracuse has a spot open at attack. Other ACC teams seem pretty set at that position. If I remember correctly it seemed like he got a better financial package from Michigan and that's why he flipped. This was of course before the advent of NIL money. If SU can pull something together maybe it works out. Doesn't happen often that guys who decommit somewhere end up back where they started, but Desko was the coach when Zawada switched. Having Gait lead the way might be appealing given his Canadian background.

All that said, it feels most likely that he ends up back at Michigan.

Two kids bailing from Michigan after their best season ever.
Yeah I love the portal for kids who were under recruited or didn't take the next step until they already started playing college. They can move up and play at a higher level like a Will Mark or Logan McGovern exc.. Also like it for kids already at a higher level who don't get any PT but man it's getting to much now with kids just leaving to try and win a championship their grad yr or play for a certain coach or certain position. Maybe wanna play attack and can't at there school I mean that's still no reason to leave the school u been committed to and has been committed to you. Part of me loves the portal but another part of me don't like it at all.

lacrosse bucket has liam ferris to st joes. Is that old? Swore saw a liam ferris already on their roster to start this year? Also remember he was still at cuse but wasn’t playing at one point also.

lacrosse bucket has liam ferris to st joes. Is that old? Swore saw a liam ferris already on their roster to start this year? Also remember he was still at cuse but wasn’t playing at one point also.

Ferris wasn't on SU's 2023 roster.

There are 2 Liam Ferris.. one from NY.. one from Canada…

There’s a liam ferris on st joes roster n been on roster for last 2years. So i don’t think same liam ferris from cuse. So either lax bucket made mistake or someone thought their same but arnt. Or maby both liam ferris wanna play together.