2024 Transfer Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Transfer Thread

I wonder is SU is interested in Jack Boyden? He's exactly the type of player Gary Gait likes. His game is very creative and explosive. Did anyone see his new 2023 highlights on YouTube? What an exciting player. He would def fit in this SU offense.

Don’t count on the brown faceoff. Heard that wasn’t happening

Had heard the same, was surprised someone noted SU was in contact over at fanlax. Maybe just doing their due diligence but don't think SU is a player there.

Yeah like Jeremy said no real surprise there. Is there a FOGO they are going after? Don’t have to say who, just curious if they have a plan at that position.

heard bing's desouza is out of the portal. got a job. would have been a good option.

i suppose it's possible stathakis will enter late. i havent heard anything about him one way or the other. but as of now he is not in the portal

one option could be marquette's cole emmanuel who has gone 57% the last two years as part of their faceoff platoon. he is not a #1 guy but would be good depth

gunty has options: uva, gtown, hop, nd

What are they waiting for on the announcement then?

Player is likely waiting to announce for a variety of reasons. Stevens and English were cuse bound for six months but wanted to wait. Player could be wrapping some academic issue maybe addressing a family matter or even taking a visit or 2 for the heck of it

Bring in Boyden and either Gunty or Stathakis and call it a summer.

Does anyone know if wright is even considering cuse as choice? Also i’d love for gait to not only improve our fogos but the ones we have also get them used to handling ball more so don’t panic when do win n turn it over. I’d see if can send them for summer to Td see what he can help them improve on. Then have them do some ball handling skills even shooting drills. Think phaup only had one goal in his career. If can get someone not only to win but can go down and score be huge. Most defense prob let fogo shoot specially with our offensive guys their not gonna wanna slide off them. Just another way to get boost or score.

If that pans out, what a substantial improvement on the faceoff wings next year. Now take care of business with the FOGO.
Agreed. You can start to see the depth at the position too. If Jake Spallina is ready to contribute on the wing along with Stevens and Rice Short stick is covered.