2024 Transfer Thread

Rutty 6
Ohio State 5
ND 4
Syracuse 4
Duke 3
Maryland 3

Not as many as you thought huh?
But there is talk of ssdms and face-off men.
Further, Syracuse's transfers seem significantly more high powered than some of the others.

Michigan has 3 just from Princeton, I believe.

So true. The most recent MD nc team was riddled with transfers and /25 y/o players.
I’m just messing around and I don’t think it is a bad thing to add grad transfers. I think there is a point where you are more likely to hurt the chemistry of your team and create long term issues rather than help it. But if all the big players are grabbing guys from the portal then you have to get involved. These guys we have could easily be on our opponents teams if we did not grab them. At least as of now I don’t think we are going overboard. If we added any more on offense I would start to have concerns. Average age of our team must have been 3 years less than some of the elite teams this year. This helps with that.

I’m just messing around and I don’t think it is a bad thing to add grad transfers. I think there is a point where you are more likely to hurt the chemistry of your team and create long term issues rather than help it. But if all the big players are grabbing guys from the portal then you have to get involved. These guys we have could easily be on our opponents teams if we did not grab them. At least as of now I don’t think we are going overboard. If we added any more on offense I would start to have concerns. Average age of our team must have been 3 years less than some of the elite teams this year. This helps with that.
I have been referring to this as the COVID bump--the extra year of eligibility players are granted by NCAA that has increased the number of transfers (especially from the Ivies). Plus, the Patriot League has rules regarding Grad student participation. As the players use up their extra eligibility, expect the number of transfers to drop to historical norms. I have no issue with teams adding grad players.

I have been referring to this as the COVID bump--the extra year of eligibility players are granted by NCAA that has increased the number of transfers (especially from the Ivies). Plus, the Patriot League has rules regarding Grad student participation. As the players use up their extra eligibility, expect the number of transfers to drop to historical norms. I have no issue with teams adding grad players.
For sure. I will be glad when it’s over. And hard to ignore the big advantage we have had on the ivies. Princeton could be elite next year if they played by every other conferences rules. Instead they may be in for a big downturn.

There still could be some effects from Covid down the road. Tillman has been having some players red-shirt because of it like Spanos and Whittier in 2022, and Larkin and Aitken this past season - so these players will have a fifth year down the road.

There still could be some effects from Covid down the road. Tillman has been having some players red-shirt because of it like Spanos and Whittier in 2022, and Larkin and Aitken this past season - so these players will have a fifth year down the road.

We have some that will have the same situation.

That's what it was before Covid--5 years to play 4 seasons.

Which is different from 5 to play 5, which is the Covid rule.

That's what it was before Covid--5 years to play 4 seasons.

Which is different from 5 to play 5, which is the Covid rule.
I'm not talking about any changing of the rule, but just the fact that more players have been red-shirted at UMd because of the covid 5th years and transfers being on the team. UMd tended to red-shirt few in the past - mostly goalies. So there will be more rs seniors at UMd over the next 3-4 seasons.

I'm not talking about any changing of the rule, but just the fact that more players have been red-shirted at UMd because of the covid 5th years and transfers being on the team. UMd tended to red-shirt few in the past - mostly goalies. So there will be more rs seniors at UMd over the next 3-4 seasons.
The Covid 5th-years will end next Spring.

The transfers (portals) will carry on. So maybe the inclination to redshirt more might be there. Of course, then some of those asked to redshirt to make room for incoming portals will lead those redshirt candidates to hit the portal themselves. On and on we go.

Ty doing what they’ve done over at FanLax for a couple years now.

It does list Aviles as being in the portal which I hadn’t seen “officially” announced anywhere.

Nice to have an official list.. fanlax and bucket seem to be hearsay.. there’s a few names on the list that are not on the other two

Ty doing what they’ve done over at FanLax for a couple years now.

It does list Aviles as being in the portal which I hadn’t seen “officially” announced anywhere.

Big group in for Hobart
Hopsicker in from ND
A few other names we haven't seen yet

Nice to have an official list.. fanlax and bucket seem to be hearsay.. there’s a few names on the list that are not on the other two
i'm not sure this is actually an official full list. tx has contacts that inform him. by the player or a coach. but he's not supposed to have access unless a coach gave him a password. which i'm not sure why anyone would do.

fanlax isn't hearsay, the guy that updates it waits until it's been confirmed publicly by player or media. which explains why it may be smaller at a snapshot, not larger.

Looks like former SU LSM Frankie Hapney is headed to Rollins. I did not realize he had moved to a community college. Rollins has a contingent of former Orange in Shae Katchadurian and Mikey Berkman.

The secret is getting out on Rollins. Campus in Winter Park, FL is amazing. Suburb of Orlando. Flagler in St Augustine is the same.

8C33DCA9-1805-4EF7-A55C-861B181A531D.jpeg

5D0F30AC-0F63-4E7C-A128-C33BD668AFA3.jpeg

The secret is getting out on Rollins. Campus in Winter Park, FL is amazing. Suburb of Orlando. Flagler in St Augustine is the same.

View attachment 228463

View attachment 228465
That’s where I’m going didn’t you hear?

i'm not sure this is actually an official full list. tx has contacts that inform him. by the player or a coach. but he's not supposed to have access unless a coach gave him a password. which i'm not sure why anyone would do.

fanlax isn't hearsay, the guy that updates it waits until it's been confirmed publicly by player or media. which explains why it may be smaller at a snapshot, not larger.

I have to say I like the FanLax format better than the IL one. Lots of scrolling with the IL site to find what you want. Seems like they could use the format they use for their Recruiting Database, which is pretty user friendly. I am surprised that it took IL this long to come up with something like this. Most, if not all the high profile transfer news is broken by Xanders or Foy at IL so the FanLax site was mostly just keeping track of what they reported, in one place.

I do wish they kept track of DIII players who were in the portal. Most of the DIII players in the portal, I believe, are grad transfers that will most likely move to a DI school next year. Jack Boyden is supposedly in the portal, but FanLax is the only place I've seen that stated. Would be good to have a better sense of which non-DI players are available.

View attachment 228463

View attachment 228465
Nah... that's not a college... it's Mar-a-Lago

View attachment 228463

View attachment 228465
Good lord, imagine that pool scene. I would fail out in a heartbeat!