2024 Transfer Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Transfer Thread

Desouza to UVA makes a lot of sense for both parties. UVA even with Desouza is still razor thin at the position.
Really shows what a huge grab it was today. This could have easily gone worse for us. UVA might get one more before it’s all over and other big teams have not made a move yet. Killing it in the off-season this year

Best of luck. Wonder how they choose to use him. Think they are pretty well set at SSDM.

Best of luck. Wonder how they choose to use him. Think they are pretty well set at SSDM.

We took a tour of JHU with our kids last year and it had one of the weirdest vibes of any campus. Awkward is the only way I can describe it. The athletes and other students seemed worlds apart.

I would assume he will add to their ssdm depth. It’s a crazy important position and looking like are one weakness next year. I do have full confidence in Carter rice but we will need others to step up big time.

Not a huge fan of the location but I wish him well played his ass of here. I suspect JHU will play him like a poor man's Stevenson, wing, some Dmid, some Omid and some 2 way action. Hop lost its best short stick wing guy so I suspect he will start off there. He can be hit or miss there though as we have seen.

Milliman was not really using any true two way middie guys last year. Closest to that on an elite team was ND with Tevlin and McMahon. UVA with Connor as well. If his aspiration was to play two way middie or offense this was not the most obvious choice.
They have great depth there now so maybe they get creative with him but it’s not a guarantee.

With how short we are right now on ssdms/middle of field athletes I really hope we get creative with guys like stevens and English.

He’s been mentioned on the board, so thought I’d post this here.

We took a tour of JHU with our kids last year and it had one of the weirdest vibes of any campus. Awkward is the only way I can describe it. The athletes and other students seemed worlds apart.
It may be just the lacrosse and football players, since they're the most visible sports at JHU. I'm a JHU Dad. Hoo's That Jr. had 2 cross country runners living next door to him in his freshman dorm and they didn't feel or seem isolated, etc., from the other students.

It may be just the lacrosse and football players, since they're the most visible sports at JHU. I'm a JHU Dad. Hoo's That Jr. had 2 cross country runners living next door to him in his freshman dorm and they didn't feel or seem isolated, etc., from the other students.

We were on a college tour trip (Fall 2022) that included JHU, Loyola, Georgetown, Richmond, and Maryland. We had also recently been to James Madison, UVA, UNC, Wake, USC, FSU, and Florida. The vibe at JHU just stood out in a weird way. Different by a mile than any others during the presentation and the tour. (UVA was great, BTW. Very upbeat vibe on campus.)

That being said, we have friends who had a daughter there (graduated pre-Covid) who excelled in athletics and the classroom and now has an amazing job working in STEM. I'm glad that Hoo Jr. is enjoying his time there and hope he has the same experience our friend's daughter did.

We were on a college tour trip (Fall 2022) that included JHU, Loyola, Georgetown, Richmond, and Maryland. We had also recently been to James Madison, UVA, UNC, Wake, USC, FSU, and Florida. The vibe at JHU just stood out in a weird way. Different by a mile than any others during the presentation and the tour. (UVA was great, BTW. Very upbeat vibe on campus.)

That being said, we have friends who had a daughter there (graduated pre-Covid) who excelled in athletics and the classroom and now has an amazing job working in STEM. I'm glad that Hoo Jr. is enjoying his time there and hope he has the same experience our friend's daughter did.
He lost his senior year to COVID. Graduation was on ZOOM. They did invite them back for their own ceremony in 2022.

A bit surprised he didn't end up at a higher profile program. The competition he faced was not very stiff, but obviously the numbers he put together are impressive.

A bit surprised he didn't end up at a higher profile program. The competition he faced was not very stiff, but obviously the numbers he put together are impressive.

I'm familiar with him from watching LIU play and yes he put up good numbers in the MAAC last season but the season before in the NEC he was around 48%. He faced tougher comp as in Zach Cole, Adam Shea, Justin Joseph and the two Bryant FOGOs who both are solid. I think the MAAC has much weaker comp this yr so his stats jumped big time. Justin Joseph from LIU transferred to Drexel last season and went 54% there. I really don't see this kid going over 50%. Not to put him down just from what I seen of him, Maybe he improved a lot and hopefully he does. I don't mind being wrong I love seeing kids improve.

also, kyle gonsiorek has entered the portal

portal window has closed for undergrads

Last edited: