Women's Lacrosse - 2025 Recruiting | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse 2025 Recruiting

For what its worth- just passing along opinion provided by several others who follow women's lax recruiting: Spallina is an excellent player but has been passed by a number of girls who are more athletic and whose stick skills have almost caught up.
I think it’ll ultimately be Alexa’s shot that sets her apart. The way she trains, her velocity could reach Charlotte North levels by the time she enters college.

RoofBeam's point has been said on here before. But if that were true, I'd still take the coaches daughter/son any day. Even though Joey was ranked #1, people thought/said the same things about him. That he was not fast/athletic enough and will be easily shut down when he gets to college. What did he do? Made them eat crow. IMO, he lived up to the billing, and then some.

I stand by what I say in that Alexa will be a force wherever she decides to play (with the right coaching and chemistry with teammates, of course). Hopefully that's at 'Cuse. Plus, it would be nice to have another Mt. Sinai product this cycle. We have taken at least one Mt. Sinai product every cycle since Meg Tyrrell and Hannah Van Middelem in 2016. Don't know how much longer that pipeline is gonna last with the coaching changes both here and at Mt. Sinai, but it would be nice.
Screen Shot 2023-07-24 at 8.50.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-24 at 8.50.37 PM.png

Alright, getting close to go time on class of 2025. I’ll be at the SU prospect day on Saturday with my daughter. Who do you all want me to keep an eye out for at the camp? Obviously, Alexa Spallina, but beyond that. I’d guess anyone that’s being targeted will be in attendance.

Alright, getting close to go time on class of 2025. I’ll be at the SU prospect day on Saturday with my daughter. Who do you all want me to keep an eye out for at the camp? Obviously, Alexa Spallina, but beyond that. I’d guess anyone that’s being targeted will be in attendance.
What's the TEA!? Lol

What's the TEA!? Lol
I don’t know what that means. Back home after a great 24 hours in Syracuse. Quick visit to the fair on Friday night then took my daughter up to Manley for lax camp. Didn’t notice Alexa there today and that isn’t a good sign for her going to Cuse. Did get a chance to meet Emma Penczik in registration line. She seems really happy to be at camp and seemed to know a bunch of the girls. Saw a bunch of 2024 commits that we had previously met, Peters, Hanlon, cotter, Boggs and probably others I missed. My daughter was with the younger group, but I did go down to watch the older (24&25) group a little. From this board and other info I gathered, here is who I think was there today (and looked good) Ella Peers, Aubrey Eisfeld, Ava Meyn Reece king and Lily Kondras. I’m sure there are a ton I missed but that what I got.

I don’t know what that means. Back home after a great 24 hours in Syracuse. Quick visit to the fair on Friday night then took my daughter up to Manley for lax camp. Didn’t notice Alexa there today and that isn’t a good sign for her going to Cuse. Did get a chance to meet Emma Penczik in registration line. She seems really happy to be at camp and seemed to know a bunch of the girls. Saw a bunch of 2024 commits that we had previously met, Peters, Hanlon, cotter, Boggs and probably others I missed. My daughter was with the younger group, but I did go down to watch the older (24&25) group a little. From this board and other info I gathered, here is who I think was there today (and looked good) Ella Peers, Aubrey Eisfeld, Ava Meyn Reece king and Lily Kondras. I’m sure there are a ton I missed but that what I got.
Thanks for the report. Im wondering if spallina is still hurt and maybe thats why she wasnt there?

I want her
She and her teammate, Laurentini, were not at camp on Saturday. That makes me believe they won’t be picking Syracuse. I would guess there were at one of the other prospect days this weekend. There were a bunch of top schools having them this weekend. I know some of the girls from our club went to Duke, UVA, Brown and Ohio State prospect days this weekend. I guess we will know soon enough on the top girls. This time next week there should be a trickle of commitments.

She and her teammate, Laurentini, were not at camp on Saturday. That makes me believe they won’t be picking Syracuse. I would guess there were at one of the other prospect days this weekend. There were a bunch of top schools having them this weekend. I know some of the girls from our club went to Duke, UVA, Brown and Ohio State prospect days this weekend. I guess we will know soon enough on the top girls. This time next week there should be a trickle of commitments.
May not get her but it would be strange to go to another school if she does not play for her dad. All three brothers at su. Learn from KT. Top 4 program and only getting better. Peaked early and some injuries had an impact. Expect the D to be stronger and even though need to replace key losses on O think we return a lot of production.

May not get her but it would be strange to go to another school if she does not play for her dad. All three brothers at su. Learn from KT. Top 4 program and only getting better. Peaked early and some injuries had an impact. Expect the D to be stronger and even though need to replace key losses on O think we return a lot of production.
Sorry, to clarify, my message was in response to the video of grace winkler and the comment of wanting to see her come to SU. I still think spallina is a pretty heavy SU lean even if she didn’t come to camp last week. Maybe her and her family feel she has done enough and they don’t need to go to prospect days.

Sorry, to clarify, my message was in response to the video of grace winkler and the comment of wanting to see her come to SU. I still think spallina is a pretty heavy SU lean even if she didn’t come to camp last week. Maybe her and her family feel she has done enough and they don’t need to go to prospect days.
This is a great point, Fish. Top recruits such as Spallina have done their work to this point. There is no reason to spend the money or risk injury.

We could be in good shape with top 2..Wouldnt that be something
1, 2, 10 all have Cuse in the mix from what I have been told. Really surprised that Peers and the other LI YJ girls fell off this top 10. I’m sure they are in the next 10. Also hearing that UVa is making big progress with their new coach and they are in the mix with a bunch of girls.

1, 2, 10 all have Cuse in the mix from what I have been told. Really surprised that Peers and the other LI YJ girls fell off this top 10. I’m sure they are in the next 10. Also hearing that UVa is making big progress with their new coach and they are in the mix with a bunch of girls.
Great to hear! I have seen Penczek play on quite a few occasions. She is awesome. Literally the best player on the field littered with ACC and Big Ten upperclassman commits.

Class of 2025 Top 10 Rankings​

1. Alexa Spallina | A | Mount Sinai (N.Y.) | Yellow Jackets
Spallina hails from a family of high-level lacrosse talent and is keeping with tradition, earning the top ranking after her impressive sophomore spring season and summer circuit. A quarterbacking role comes naturally to the 5-9 attacker, who plays primarily at X with the ability to beat her defender off the dodge or finding an open cutter after drawing a slide. There’s no moment too big for Spallina, boasting the on-field confidence as someone who wants the ball when the game is on the line.

Class of 2025 Top 10 Rankings​

1. Alexa Spallina | A | Mount Sinai (N.Y.) | Yellow Jackets
Spallina hails from a family of high-level lacrosse talent and is keeping with tradition, earning the top ranking after her impressive sophomore spring season and summer circuit. A quarterbacking role comes naturally to the 5-9 attacker, who plays primarily at X with the ability to beat her defender off the dodge or finding an open cutter after drawing a slide. There’s no moment too big for Spallina, boasting the on-field confidence as someone who wants the ball when the game is on the line.
Saw her play this summer on a few occasions having a younger daughter at same tournaments. She is a special talent has many many similarities as her brother Also draws some of the same criticism Joey had in HS. She is the real deal and staff has to make this happen. Rumors we hear are UNC Clemson BC all heavily pursuing

Saw her play this summer on a few occasions having a younger daughter at same tournaments. She is a special talent has many many similarities as her brother Also draws some of the same criticism Joey had in HS. She is the real deal and staff has to make this happen. Rumors we hear are UNC Clemson BC all heavily pursuing
She came to Syracuse and trained with Kayla last year everyone is pursuing her I would be absolutely shocked if she went anywhere but SB with her Dad. Family is absolutely priority 1 with the Spallina’s. Stony Brook has had elite talent for awhile but haven’t made it over the hump just yet Alexa could very well be the missing piece

Boooooooo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom