20th in latest CFP (Nov 20) | Syracusefan.com

20th in latest CFP (Nov 20)

DsfFKTtUUAEeMQr.jpg

Penn State has one good win all year against Pittsburgh and they are 12th.
They lost to Michigan, Ohio State and Michigan State.
Just trash.
I watched the rutgirls game they were awful if rutgirls wasn't rutgirls they would have lost by 2 tds

Garbage how Tennessee destroys Kentucky, Missouri destroys Florida and we get destroyed by Notre Dame and fall more.
Utter trash.

And Florida was crushed at home to boot

You guys do realize this is all about timing, right?

Had we won last week we’d be top 8. We laid a massive egg and deserve to be where we are.

Agree and were never a top 15 team. The committee looks back in previous weeks. Its splitting hairs anyways. As the guys on the show said, this is the weakest t25 in years with so many 3-4 loss teams.

I hate Penn State, but they also beat Wisconsin and Iowa which are teams comparable to our best win against NC State.
They are 12 and we are 20 give me a break.
Wisconsin doesn’t have their starting QB they are no different than Wake this year.
These rankings are a joke.
We should be 16-17 we lost to 3 games all on the road to top 25 teams.
Penn State lost at home to Michigan State and barely beat App State.

They are 12 and we are 20 give me a break.
Wisconsin doesn’t have their starting QB they are no different than Wake this year.
These rankings are a joke.
We should be 16-17 we lost to 3 games all on the road to top 25 teams.
Penn State lost at home to Michigan State and barely beat App State.
pitt wont be top 25 by final rankings

pitt wont be top 25 by final rankings
If Pitt beats Miami they won’t drop out by losing to Clemson.
Teams on championship weekend don’t get dinged for losing unless they are top 4.
If they are 23rd and lose to Clemson they will stay 23.

Good news is with a win at BC we should start next season ranked in the Top 25 and then start the season on the road to face Liberty & Maryland before coming home to possibly face Clemson.

If Pitt beats Miami they won’t drop out by losing to Clemson.
Teams on championship weekend don’t get dinged for losing unless they are top 4.
If they are 23rd and lose to Clemson they will stay 23.
maybe

Hypothetical - what if OSU beats Mich and LSU, OU and WSU all lose (each line of those three games is 2.5 or less)? Then UGA loses to either GTech or Bama next week). Then it comes down to UCF or Ohio State for the fourth spot if OSU wins the B1G. OSU has an awful resume but I'm sure they'd find a way to screw UCF.

You guys do realize this is all about timing, right?

Had we won last week we’d be top 8. We laid a massive egg and deserve to be where we are.
Exactly, you are what your record says you are. These types of things tend to balance out over the course of the year. We aren't as close to a top five team as we appeared in the Clemson game and we aren't nearly as bad as we looked in the ND game. I think anywhere in the 15-22 range is a pretty fair ranking for us.

Remember the College Gameday feature during the GRob era when ESPN asked Gross about how many times SU should expect to beat Akron if they played 100 times? We are finally ranked this year for the first time since that feature, currently one spot behind a team that lost to Akron.

Remember the College Gameday feature during the GRob era when ESPN asked Gross about how many times SU should expect to beat Akron if they played 100 times? We are finally ranked this year for the first time since that feature, currently one spot behind a team that lost to Akron.
:mad::mad::bat:

I'd rather we brought back the BCS. These rankings are utter trash. The bias in the committee is glaring to say the least.

I'd rather we brought back the BCS. These rankings are utter trash. The bias in the committee is glaring to say the least.

That’s just crazy talk, man. The CFP is so much better than the BCS. If the BCS existed this year, you would have people in a room debating whether undefeated Clemson or undefeated ND gets to play Bama. How is that good for college football?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom