20th in latest CFP (Nov 27) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

20th in latest CFP (Nov 27)

Why is it that SEC schools lose to each other (and get crushed at times) and are "respected" but SU loses to road games to #2 and #3 and gets zero respect? Why are road losses not counted like in basketball? To me...they're a lot harder to win than in hoop.
CluelessEssentialFruitbat-max-1mb.gif

UW, WSU, PSU, MSU, and UT are all better than us. And, ya know what, thats ok, we had a helluva year. Geeez...

Lol. You said which teams would we beat. The gap between these teams and Syracuse is not what you think it is.

They’d all be favored, sure. But we can beat any of them.

If it’s Mississippi State I could see them being favored by 1-3 On a neutral field.

If it’s Michigan State, lol.

Sports writers are sports writers; not experts. They bloviate just like everyone else and, as I do with any "bloviator", I disdain and ignore.

If it’s Mississippi State I could see them being favored by 1-3 On a neutral field.

If it’s Michigan State, lol.

I think more like 4-6 imo. Some of the SEC teams in the poll are overrated - Florida and Kentucky for sure. MSU is actually underrated in that poll. They have a lot of NFL talent on that squad. They hit a patch in the middle of the season where they didn't play well but they've been rolling lately. The QB has been playing much better.

I think more like 4-6 imo. Some of the SEC teams in the poll are overrated - Florida and Kentucky for sure. MSU is actually underrated in that poll. They have a lot of NFL talent on that squad. They hit a patch in the middle of the season where they didn't play well but they've been rolling lately. The QB has been playing much better.

Honestly I just looked at their results and made a prediction based on that. You’ve probably seen them more than me.

I'd feel pretty good about our chances against anyone outside the top 7 and WVU.

Honestly I just looked at their results and made a prediction based on that. You’ve probably seen them more than me.

I hear ya. I pay attention to these things for financial reasons if you get my drift. :)

Michigan State is a 3 yards and a cloud of dust BIG 10 team. They can't score at all. They scored 14 on freaking Rutgers and averaged 19.8 points per game. They scored less than 20 points 6 times. They wouldn't beat us.

Agreed, Miss St probably has the best defense in the country. I don't think we'd do too well against them after seeing how our OL held up against Notre Dame. They did the best job against Tua and company all year as well so not sure how much success we'd have through the air either.

Lol. You said which teams would we beat. The gap between these teams and Syracuse is not what you think it is.

They’d all be favored, sure. But we can beat any of them.

That poster loves meathead football.

Agreed, Miss St probably has the best defense in the country. I don't think we'd do too well against them after seeing how our OL held up against Notre Dame. They did the best job against Tua and company all year as well so not sure how much success we'd have through the air either.

They're big, fast, physical and nasty. Plenty of other SEC teams I'd rather run into than the cowbell crew.

Without ED that was a totally different game. Notre Dame didn't have to account for the QB as a runner.

The Pitt loss killed us. Our best wins are BC and NC State which the committee doesn't think much of. It's not surprising. Taking care of business against Pitt or pulling off an upset in either of our other losses would've jumped us way up.

I won't complain. A preseason ranking in the top 25 next year will help us throughout the year as long as we play well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom