20th in latest CFP (Nov 27) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

20th in latest CFP (Nov 27)

So we're the only other ranked ACC team?

The optimist in me says this should lock up Camping World.

Should but the Camping World doesn’t have to take us but they sure as hell should

The lesson is clear. Do not lose a one sided game to undefeated, playoff bound Notre Dame.

(Unless you are Michigan).
Clearly the committee also doesn’t factor in losing our All-ACC QB in the 1st quarter either.

Okay. Who have we beat this year that is good? I love the Orange and never miss a game but out best effort was our loss to Clemson. We have 9 wins which is very, very good. but none of them are marque and on a national stage, we got beat 36-3.

Okay. Who have we beat this year that is good? I love the Orange and never miss a game but out best effort was our loss to Clemson. We have 9 wins which is very, very good. but none of them are marque and on a national stage, we got beat 36-3.

This is probably why I won’t be crying BS about Florida/PSU/whoever being ranked so far above us. Our best win is at home vs NCSU and when we had a golden opportunity to show America we were legit we sat at the fifty yard line and ate our own poop.

Oh, and that whole not being ranked for seventeen years thing.

Fair enough. But who has Mississippi State beaten this year that’s good? This argument could be applied to a few teams above us. I just think we were unfairly penalized for losing to ND the way that we did.

This is probably why I won’t be crying BS about Florida/PSU/whoever being ranked so far above us. Our best win is at home vs NCSU and when we had a golden opportunity to show America we were legit we sat at the fifty yard line and ate our own poop.

Oh, and that whole not being ranked for seventeen years thing.
Laff! Please say this again.
I give this a triple like

The world where Eric Dungey is third team ACC and the COY is anyone besides Dino Babers.
tenor.gif

2nd best team in the ACC carries a lot more weight when you don't get blown out by ND. I don't think any SEC team has lost to the Irish by that kind of margin in the last decade lets be honest here of course they don't play many but thats because of the ACC arrangement. We really let the league down last week plain and simple.

Was fun to see us play well in person Sat. We need to win the bowl game to get any respect and start next year ranked. I just want a good opponent and a game NYE or later. Scared of that Orlando bowl since I remember Megatron embarrassing us there and we haven't played in too many bowls since then. Gator, Sun, Music City all preferable to me.

So all it takes to be a top 10 team is too beat LSU and Mississippi State.
Play 3 tomato cans and a rival who is 5-7 and lose 3 games.
Florida’s ranking is a joke.
They will play in Peach Bowl against Penn State in the overrated teams ina. NY6 bowl.

The world where Eric Dungey is third team ACC and the COY is anyone besides Dino Babers.

We embarrassed the ACC badly in New York City so didn't get love in the voting. Get over it noone is out to get us. We were the only attractive game that weekend as well which makes it even worse.

I don’t think we should be behind any 4 loss teams but they’ve created such an SEC narrative in this poll, there’s really no choice.

I’m not even watching the SEC Championship game next week, I’ll wait until the playoffs and just watch it then.

I do think it will be great though when Bama beats UGA and the top 4 doesn’t change. Simply for the misery of the Big 10, Big 12.

Last edited:
id be upset but since we are not going to ny 6 it means nothing

A few sites updated projections after the rankings came out. Bleacher Report knocked us down to Pinstripe and now have Pitt Camping but that makes very little sense. Wash St seems to be the loser tonight and will go to Alamo Bowl instead of NY6. With Oklahoma in great shape to make the playoff the Big 12 is moving everyone up a rung. That moves WV up to Alamo to have a shootout with Wash St and new projections are now putting Iowa St with us in Orlando. The best thing for us tonight is no sign of another ACC making the top 25. We should be Camping.

Does this mean Pinstripe?

Sadly, the media snubs for the all acc team, dino COY snub and now this... i think we should all prepare ourselves for NC State to the CW bowl...

These are the sort of machinations needed to set that table for a bowl snub.

That said, I would think the music city would be a lock fail safe, but who knows...

I don’t think we should be behind any 4 loss teams but they’ve created such an SEC narrative in this poll, there’s really no choice.

I’m not even watching the SEC Championship game next week, I’ll wait until the playoffs and just watch it then.

I do think it will be great though when Bama beats UGA and the top 4 doesn’t change. Simply for the misery of the the Big 10, Big 12.
That is why we should play Auburn every year, and beat their a%% for the tie dye game. If the ACC wants to be the best we need to play the SEC, and beat them.

I feel like ND should be ahead of Clemson if they're punishing us for not having good wins.

The whole thing is so goofy. Why does it even go to twenty five, we might as well be ranked a million
I really dislike the rankings because the whole "if the season ends today" thing is outright bogus.

Maybe if some season for the Hell of it they decide to shut things down after week 9 or something it would matter, but it's all made up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom