$21 million? | Syracusefan.com

$21 million?

shandeezy7

Living Legend
Apparently that was what the Big East wants from Pitt and Syracuse each to forego the 27 month waiting period

Sources confirmed to BlueGoldNews.com that Pittsburgh -- which announced in late September that it will leave the Big East for the ACC -- was told it could avoid the Big East’s 27-month waiting period to exit by paying a sum of approximately $21 million. It is believed Syracuse, which is also making the Big East-to-ACC move, was given the same opportunity.

http://westvirginia.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./2/1122323.html

Wow...get us out of this disaster of a conference. Was this 21 million dollar figure imposed by the new Big East Commissioner Rick Pitino?

Call their bluff and take the BCS spot next year with a very experienced team back. I do not think it's the end of the world if we're there next year. As a matter of fact, I don't think they even really want us around. As long as we're there (along with Pitt and WVU), the conference will be overshadowed by the impending realignment.

just saw this- who knows how much validity this has with all the misinformation out there. Hope it's true though, and if it is we should pay without question.

could just be a starting point-
i cant see that much-7-12 mill maybe

Call their bluff and take the BCS spot next year with a very experienced team back. I do not think it's the end of the world if we're there next year. As a matter of fact, I don't think they even really want us around. As long as we're there (along with Pitt and WVU), the conference will be overshadowed by the impending realignment.

I actually figure it will be one year after the smoke clears and everything is final. I want to see Syracuse play @Cincinnati again.

some posts WVU board saying a WV Board of Governors member said WVU will be in the Big 12 for 2012- leaving officially June 30. Either this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, or Texas has some serious pull.

West Virginia's official radio station just announced they will be in the Big 12 next season (2012).

Maybe Texas is paying their exit fee?

Sounds like extortion to me. Or in terms they would understand in Providence, SU and Pitt will have to pay the vig if they want out early.

some posts WVU board saying a WV Board of Governors member said WVU will be in the Big 12 for 2012- leaving officially June 30. Either this guy doesn't know what he's talking about, or Texas has some serious pull.
Someone posted a link a few days ago that said WVU had backers willing to put up as much as $20 million (if I remember correctly).

West Virginia's official radio station just announced they will be in the Big 12 next season (2012).

Maybe Texas is paying their exit fee?

Probably said they could show their games on the longhorn network. wv's begging to get out and would do anything.

Should we pass the collection plate to raise money for the ransom? I'm thinking we shouldn't pay it and let the BE see the BCS bid and the BE bball championship for the next two years go to one of the departing members. Perhaps just the thought of that happening would be enough to jettison us as soon as possible.

I don't think playing one more season in a West Virginia-less Big East is the end of the world. I actually like the thought of ending our long rivalry on a 49-23 ass-whomping note.

It's also an easier path to the BCS bowl game.

I don't think playing one more season in a West Virginia-less Big East is the end of the world. I actually like the thought of ending our long rivalry on a 49-23 ass-whomping note.

I agree completely... $21 million is HUGE... them, lets win the BE next year and take th $14 mil we get from the BCS game...

That's way too much money and would wipe out any acc financial gain for two years. It's not worth it at all for that type of money. I rather stay in the big least and recruit better in football and come in as a stronger team. Next year we should be able to go to the big east bcs bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

talking_hand.jpg

WVU source..

This.

We lose $10M in conf payouts every year we're not in the ACC.

So pay $20M now, or wait 2 years and lose $20M over that time frame.

I would think we'll pay it and be there next year. Especially since $20M is probably an opening # that could get negotiated down to Maybe $15M or so, with agreements for future scheduling opps.

I expect that $21 million to become ~$10 million.

We need to get out and the Big East needs us gone. The worst thing that could happen to them is us or Pitt winning conference championships and embarrassing current Big East teams.

Settle on $16m (including exit fee) amortized over 5 years and get the fluck out...

How about a nice note and a card?

Dear baby,

Welcome to Dumpsville. Population: you.

tumblr_lllu2bYPVp1qzol6vo1_500.jpg