22 assists on 26 field goals | Syracusefan.com

22 assists on 26 field goals

Marek in the high post sorta helps

Before the season I was brainstorming ways to accomplish two things:

1) Get Battle into the first round of next year's draft.

And

2) Use him scoring an efficient 20 point per game to lead the team to a extremely good season.

Both goals included his playing the high post pick and roll with Dolezaj. It would have demonstrated Battle's ability to run a very common NBA offense as well as made the best use of his ability to shoot off the dribble and his ability to get to the basket.

Tonight it was even better for showing his potential as a passer on a night where his shot took a while to materialise.

Hopefully this is the end of the Chukwu high screen!

Last edited:
I don’t want to be that guy, but does anyone else notice a difference in officiating when we play against another former Big East team as opposed to a traditional ACC team (especially the blue bloods)?

It was ridiculous. Comical, even.

So at least I get an unintentional comedy award? Yeah...not my best assessment especially considering he's now my favorite player. Just so smooth.

We overcame a really lousy start, too, in putting together this offensive performance.

We overcame a really lousy start, too, in putting together this offensive performance.
Yes we did and like I posted earlier it’s an epidemic of our starts

Also had 11 blocks tonight

Hughes' SWAT on the fast break was AMAZEBALLS.
Crazy that he had 3 swats (and 3 of everything else: boards, dimes, steals) to go with 6/9 from 3.

Carey even got in on the block party in his limited minutes.

Frank is almost back. Having Tyus bring the ball up puts pressure on the D and is an excellent call by JB. Marek at high at the wing and foul line is much better than an ISO post by Chewy. The guys are cutting backdoors and there is a ton of off screens going on. JB has definitely changed things up.

Tyus looks so much better at the point now than the past two years...it’s really made a difference. He might make himself some money showcasing his lead guard skills.

Think he has some intangibles that’ll help him make a roster as well. Still worry that he’s a tweener, but the more he shows he can run an offense the better.

Last edited:
I beat Tyus up earlier in the year for not sharing the ball well, but man, he did a fantastic job tonight getting others involved. So much fun to watch this team play now. They trust each other, and it shows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom