22 assists on 26 field goals | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

22 assists on 26 field goals

I beat Tyus up earlier in the year for not sharing the ball well, but man, he did a fantastic job tonight getting others involved. So much fun to watch this team play now. They trust each other, and it shows.
I counted 5 assists and 5 boards. Must've been his best 10-point stat line ever. He looks more comfortable and well-rounded right now, especially alongside Buddy.

I counted 5 assists and 5 boards. Must've been his best 10-point stat line ever. He looks more comfortable and well-rounded right now, especially alongside Buddy.

You missed a couple. Tyus ended up with 9 assists. 6 boards (you missed his one o-board). But yeah, I'll take those numbers with a 20 point win all day, every day.

Tyus looks so much better at the point now than the past two years...it’s really made a difference. He might make himself some money showcasing his lead guard skills.

Think he has some intangibles that’ll help him make a roster as well. Still worry that he’s a tweener, but the more he shows he can run an offense the better.

I honestly think that if he shot the same percentage as he currently does, but had a more pure shooting form, he would be a lock first round pick. Gotta think that hitch in his jumper, especially evident from deep, is a red flag for GM's. With that being said, if someone thinks they can turn him into a lead guard, then not being solid three point shooter can be overcome by being able to competently run and offense and play defense.

I honestly think that if he shot the same percentage as he currently does, but had a more pure shooting form, he would be a lock first round pick. Gotta think that hitch in his jumper, especially evident from deep, is a red flag for GM's. With that being said, if someone thinks they can turn him into a lead guard, then not being solid three point shooter can be overcome by being able to competently run and offense and play defense.

Maybe that's what it is. I've only noticed the hitch once or twice in the last few games, and it came on a really deep one tonight. I'm guessing he doesn't trust his shot from deep so he feels like he needs to put a bit more kick into it. Almost never see it on his mid-range stop and pops.

Sure helps when the jumpers fall. Especially 3’s. Love me some Hughes.

I don’t want to be that guy, but does anyone else notice a difference in officiating when we play against another former Big East team as opposed to a traditional ACC team (especially the blue bloods)?
You ask a good question. It seems like the last two games (both opponents from the Big East) have been fairly light on the foul calls. As we were making several blocks I thought back to some games not so long ago that we would have been called on a foul. Not sure what the reason, but there does appear to be a difference.

Hard to get called for a block or charge when shooting a 3.

It’s certainly fun watching this team move the ball around AND make shots. A lot of guys have stepped up and as a result this team looks damn good right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom