Class of 2022 - 247 summary | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 247 summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like our class but I'd take one Melo or dc over the 5 guys we got every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
So you rather have the two best players we have had in fifty years, okay but they do not come around that often nor are you sure who they are prior to their career.

The players that Committed are our fab five, best height per position, best by positions ( 1,2,3,4 and 5) and and does not have a high maintenance type ( Dior, Kadary)
How are you going to lump K in their as "high mantinence" lol gmafb

Incoming class looking a lot like the 13 and 15 cycles. Will be interesting to see who puts it together.

He had a lot of demands. That’s high maintenance.

Wrong. He, and pretty much everyone, knew he was head and shoulders better than the guy in front of him. He deserved to be the primary 1 and he did not get that. He is managing his prospects like any sensible person should. It is bad for SU, but he is doing right by himself. One of the bigger mistakes JB has made in my memory and I still cannot understand the rationale.

Imagine a starting backcourt of Kadary and Buddy. Maybe the best in the country. JB screwed up. Big time. Hard to argue otherwise.

Wrong. He, and pretty much everyone, knew he was head and shoulders better than the guy in front of him. He deserved to be the primary 1 and he did not get that. He is managing his prospects like any sensible person should. It is bad for SU, but he is doing right by himself. One of the bigger mistakes JB has made in my memory and I still cannot understand the rationale.

Imagine a starting backcourt of Kadary and Buddy. Maybe the best in the country. JB screwed up. Big time. Hard to argue otherwise.

Enough. Just stop- all of you. Can we drop it and not have to lock another thread? Good god. He wasn't the messiah.

That was not his only demand.

Keeping this relevant to the thread, Copeland looks like the definition of a team player. So even if he’s a peg below Richmond in terms of skill, his attitude will make him a better fit.

There have been a hundred other threads about this. Is that not enough? New season starts soon - plenty to complain about once that comes.

We have already litigated it to death which I include myself in and guilty as charged keeping it rolling.
Maybe the person shouldn’t mention Dior and Kadary as “high maintenance” then? It’s the JB die hards that keep putting his name out there

C- Peter Carey 6-11 190 Overall #251 PF #53
PF- Maliq Brown 6-9 210 Overall #226 PF #45
SF- Chris Bunch 6-7 185 Overall #72 SF #19
SG- Justin Taylor 6-6 200 Overall #74 SF #20
PG- Quadir Copeland 6-6 175 Overall #149 CB, (Combo Guard) #24

Bunch and Taylor are recognized good recruits right now. The others are "under the radar", which doesn't mean they won't be good players for us. We've got another "combo guard point man but Kadary was originally thought of as a small forward. Plenty of height, especially in the backcourt but again a bunch of skinny types.

247 had us as having the #14 class nationally:
2022 Basketball Team Rankings
But that was without Bunch. Brent Axe said he pulled something up that said 247 now had us in the top ten.

This feels like quantity over quality. We would scoff at these ratings when Hop was here.

Maybe the person shouldn’t mention Dior and Kadary as “high maintenance” then? It’s the JB die hards that keep putting his name out there

It wasn’t yesterday regarding the press conference and it wasn’t when I brought up Benny Williams over the summer. Anytime someone brings it up again I’ll derail their thread on purpose. There’s no need to protect a kid who isn’t here anymore and fwiw I was told he might not even start for Seton Hall.

And it’s factual that Dior FaceTimed the coaches at 4am. Not sure why that bothers people.

This feels like quantity over quality. We would scoff at these ratings when Hop was here.

And if you had paid any attention these ratings have very little value given the pandemic. Way too much hand wringing over 247s numbers.

Pardon the snark but it's like a ray of sunshine is offensive to folks these days. Hardly calling a class a title contender but God forbid we allow an ounce of optimism.

We don't need unabated optimism to be the standard either but man- it's damn firing squad lately.

And if you had paid any attention these ratings have very little value given the pandemic. Way too much hand wringing over 247s numbers.
I agree I think after the top group of players the next 200 or so players didn’t get properly evaluated because of what’s been going on due to Covid.

Pardon the snark but it's like a ray of sunshine is offensive to folks these days. Hardly calling a class a title contender but God forbid we allow an ounce of optimism

I get what you are saying, but that’s all a lot of fans look at.

Brown and Carey have little AAU tape so not much for scouts to go on.

I get what you are saying, but that’s all a lot of fans look at.

Brown and Carey have little AAU tape so not much for scouts to go on.

Right. That works both ways though. Brown and Carey both lack enough evaluation to really hinge on a 247 ranking at this point. Tape is positive but the next year is the tell. That as been my thing. I really like the class. I also want to see what each of these kids can do now till next spring.

Pardon the snark but it's like a ray of sunshine is offensive to folks these days. Hardly calling a class a title contender but God forbid we allow an ounce of optimism.

We don't need unabated optimism to be the standard either but man- it's damn firing squad lately.

The top recruit is in the 70s. Let’s be realistic about what the class is. A good result would be 3 four year contributors. This top ten class talk like we just landed the fab five has gotten out of control.

We beat out Hop for Bunch.

That has nothing to do with my point. This is a class of role players. Everyone needs role players but we need studs to compete for ACC titles.

The top recruit is in the 70s. Let’s be realistic about what the class is. A good result would be 3 four year contributors. This top ten class talk like we just landed the fab five has gotten out of control.

I haven't seen anything to the effect of this being the fab five. Again I think the negative perspective leaning so much on 247s numbers is foolish too. When is the last class we had 4 top 100 guys which this class very realistically could be?

Also- on a purely objective reference, the player that is the lightning rod topic here was 96th.

This is far more in line with good classes we have had going back to the mid 90s. We had a stretch from 07/08- 2013-14 where we were bringing in elite classes similar to our hay day in the mid eighties. Outside of that our classes have generally been a lot like what this class looks like both now and if guys get better prior to arrival. Which equates to guys who fit the mold of what has generated success here.

So what will make it all better for some of you complaining about this class? Will it help if a couple of these guys get bumped up a star once they have a full season to be evaluated? Because that is almost certain to happen with at least one, maybe two of these guys. While I was hoping for a stud/top 15-20 guy in this class, it didn't pan out. Its tbd if one of these guys becomes that guy once they arrive on campus. I also like chemistry and I think that this class will have that just based off their interactions on social media and playing aau together. They all seem to be good kids without any "drama" around them, and all into the Cuse name and brand.

In the day in age of the transfer, I believe we will land a stud transfer if needed to round out a class or fill a departure. I like this class overall and see it as a great building block for future classes. Just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom