25-1... We'd all have signed up for it | Syracusefan.com

25-1... We'd all have signed up for it

doc05 said:
If you can't see that this team is on a disturbing spiral downward then I don't know what to tell you.

If you don't know how bat insane that sounds? Spiral downward?!? We're 25-1. Last year we lost to our hated rivals by like 100. And still made it to the final four.

Breathe. We're fine.

Here we go with negativity. Judge how we come back from this. Florida has been absolutely dominating and just barely beat Auburn at home.

25-1 may soon be 25-4. There is no justifiable reason to lose to that team especially up 13 in the second half. This team needs to dig deep. It can be done, we've seen it, but right now this team is playing bad.

If you don't know how bat insane that sounds? Spiral downward?!? We're 25-1. Last year we lost to our hated rivals by like 100. And still made it to the final four.

Breathe. We're fine.

Seriously.

Next!

Breathe. We're fine.

They should have lost the previous two games also and pulled them out of their a$$. BC is not a good team - this team has shown no offensive life since the Duke game. This is reality.

Wow, had to go down the thread list 11 lines to find the first thread that looked positive.
It sucks, but it happens.
A common affliction killed us tonite, and I've seen several of the top 25 fall prey to it this year.
That is missing chippies and foul shots.
That can be corrected I bet it will for Duke.

Wake up call. Let's focus on Duke and realize how lucky we are to be 25-1
Agreed. We have things to work on, of course. Some people are talking like this will make us a 7 seed or something.

This is our 2003-Rutgers-like loss. That year turned out all right, didn't it?

Very embarrassed...

BC is...

you know what, they just beat us as # 1 undefeated on james arthur boeheim court... the diamond ferri curse was just lifted.

We play like that on Sat. We'll get our doors blown off by 30+.

JB teams always have a mid-to-late season sleepwalk... we've been lucky in our sleepwalking for close to 3 weeks now...

Luck ran out tonight.

Hopefully, we won't be a paper tiger for more than this game...

Honestly, I'm worried we are teetering on a collapse of epic proportions given our remaining schedule and our uninspired level of play...

This is our yearly What loss. It was coming sooner or later. The thing that sucks about the loss was who it was to. I mean shitty BC? I would have rather lost to NCstate or maybe even Clemson...a midpack team ... But not to freaking BC!!! But in the grand scheme of things, 25-1 is quite an accomplishment. Now the team has to flush this loss from their system, and play a great game and beat Duke!!!

Agreed. We have things to work on, of course. Some people are talking like this will make us a 7 seed or something.

This is our 2003-Rutgers-like loss. That year turned out all right, didn't it?

It's hard to compare the two. BC was 152nd at Ken Pom before today, Rutgers was 96th. And Rutgers was on the road.

BC would have had a hard time keeping the court at Archibald back in the day. Horrible loss to a terrible team. Nothing can justify it. SU is overhyped but that should not included this loss.

Knicks411 said:
It's hard to compare the two. BC was 152nd at Ken Pom before today, Rutgers was 96th. And Rutgers was on the road.

Who cares?!? Flush the loss. Hopefully they come out and have intense practices. Maybe JB's voice is heard with a little more clarity?

I have no interest ranking losses. I want to prepare for the 6 games that matter.

I hate these kinds of posts. Stop making excuses for losing to Boston College. They are horrendous.

FACT. this is an excellent post.

We just lost to prob the worst team in BCS AT HOME. I didnt sign up for that today.

factors change. Our factor changed from Nov 1. Period.

Play to win or go home.

The problem isn't the one loss, it is who we lost to. Have to hope it is just a blip. A very very bizarre blip.

This is our yearly What loss. It was coming sooner or later. The thing that sucks about the loss was who it was to. I mean shitty BC? I would have rather lost to NCstate or maybe even Clemson...a midpack team ... But not to freaking BC!!! But in the grand scheme of things, 25-1 is quite an accomplishment. Now the team has to flush this loss from their system, and play a great game and beat Duke!!!

not when youre 25-0. you were too good for the What loss.

stop making excuses. this was awful.

The point was that it was a loss to a team that was unexpected, and had absolutely no bearing on the season. None.

And by the way, Rutgers was 133rd in RPI. BC 159. Not so different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom