3 more wins will not be easy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

3 more wins will not be easy

Who would y’all rather beat out of the tough 3?
You can beat one, close lost to one, and lose to one bad like FSU score bad.

Who would y’all rather beat out of the tough 3?
You can beat one, close lost to one, and lose to one bad like FSU score bad.

Duke. They’re the best team, and a sweep of them would do wonders for our seeding.

Plus it would further establish us as a thorn in their side.

And our home crowd needs a big win.

Last edited:
Duke. They’re the best team, and a sweep of them would do wonders for our seeding.

Plus it would further establish us as a thorn in their side.

Who is your close lost? Terrible lost? Out of uva and unc?

Who is your close lost? Terrible lost? Out of uva and unc?

I have a hard time signing up for a loss. But if forced, UNC - close. They are good, but not the matchup nightmare for us that they have been in previous years IMO. If we get hammered by them again, I won’t feel good about that at all. If we play them tough on the road, that would be encouraging.

UVA plays the kindve D that can stifle us. It’s happened before. We can still fall back on the elite 8 game for bragging rights purposes.

I have a hard time signing up for a loss. But if forced, UNC - close. They are good, but not the matchup nightmare for us that they have been in previous years IMO. If we get hammered by them again, I won’t feel good about that at all. If we play them tough on the road, that would be encouraging.

UVA plays the kindve D that can stifle us. It’s happened before. We can still fall back on the elite 8 game for bragging rights purposes.

I don’t like UVA cause their defense is always elite. I haven’t watched much, but I know they have key, guy, and hunter still. Where UNC has white who isn’t scared to shoot and can get hot fast, Nassir Little is something special. And don’t even get me started on Maye... what is he 30 now?

We are not a bubble team this year. Why do people keep regurgitating this false talking point? We aren’t even close to the bubble. We’re safely in the field today by a comfortable margin - an 8 seed in most projections, with a shot at climbing to the 7 line after this weekend.

Unless we go 0-7 to finish this season, we will not be on the bubble. And if, by some crazy chance, we do end up there... we have the best road win in the country, among several other strong road wins.

"Unless we go 0-7 to finish this season, we will not be on the bubble." I mean that's just so far from being a rational thought I don't even know how to respond to it.

Yeah. The Big Ten might be getting unfair love this year, and who knows how wacky the at-large/automatic bid balance will be.

In reality this team is not apt to get those wins to be a selection. I like how many times that the game we are next playing is a must game. We are so desperate that the next scrimmage we play against one another is a must game. But who would have ever thought we’d beat Duke at Duke. Go Cuse and make me a heretic!

How do you know that we won’t get in at 10-8? What if the second win is @UNC? None of this happens in a vacuum. It’s a pretty weak bubble, and definitive statements like this rarely reflect reality.
Yeah, well said. It's a selection. What other teams do matters.

How do you know that we won’t get in at 10-8? What if the second win is @UNC? None of this happens in a vacuum. It’s a pretty weak bubble, and definitive statements like this rarely reflect reality.
10-8 is very dicey when 5 of which so far have been against awful teams..Miami, BC(2), Pitt (2). Strength of conf record killed us one year in the BIG EAST when Cuse when 10-6 and sat home.

10-8 is very dicey when 5 of which so far have been against awful teams..Miami, BC(2), Pitt (2). Strength of conf record killed us one year in the BIG EAST when Cuse when 10-6 and sat home.

Not saying it would be a sure thing, but we also have the best possible win in college basketball this year. That’s gonna be tough to ignore when you start comparing resumes.

Strength of "conference record" is no longer a factor by the committee. We also have Duke (on the road), ND (on the road), Ohio St (on the road), at least 2 more road wins, Clemson at home (Q2), and several other Q2 wins.

10-8 with our remaining schedule should get us in safely. As long as one of the losses isn't to Wake. That would give us 3 Q1 wins and 5 Q2 wins. More than enough, I would think.

We’re 8-3 in the league. I want 5 more wins. 13-5. Just like I predicted. The only unexpected loss was GT, but that was cancelled out by the Duke win. FSU was a “swing game” - you’re not going to win every single one of those. 5 more. Let’s do it.

Yeah. The Big Ten might be getting unfair love this year, and who knows how wacky the at-large/automatic bid balance will be.

Speaking of the Big 10 I know Purdue is hot but I saw they were given a 3 seed by the mock tourney committee. That seemed a bit high

We’re 8-3 in the league. I want 5 more wins. 13-5. Just like I predicted. The only unexpected loss was GT, but that was cancelled out by the Duke win. FSU was a “swing game” - you’re not going to win every single one of those. 5 more. Let’s do it.

Love it but I will be floored if we get more than 4. With the exception of Duke, who was down 2 starters we really haven’t beaten anyone that good the entire season.

We are a bubble team - like the exact definition in the dictionary - 10 and 8 and we are out - 11-7 we will get in - it's that simple - I love the team just like u - I just don't live in a dream world
10-8 would be enough. But I want to be squarely off the bubble so I want to get to at least 11-7.

If we beat one of Duke, UVA or UNC then I could see us getting in with a 10-8 conference record. But I’d prefer to win one of those game AND at least 2 more.

Magic number is 20 wins, but 19 might get it done.

I think we find a way to win at NCSU this week, which is now a pivotal game for both teams.

We were the last team out in 2017, with a 10-8 Acc record... but with worst ever road wins, Monmouth as the signature OOC win, and a historically bad RPI.

Now at 10-8 we have road wins, a much better signature win, a much better beat OOC win.

10-8 is enough (at a 75% confidence level right now).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom