3 more wins will not be easy | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

3 more wins will not be easy

I think you're correct in that they'll look at who we beat and who we lost to. But are they going to really give less weight to a UConn loss because it's an important regular season game?
I don't think they factored in the rivalry factor the year we lost to UConn, St Johns, and Georgetown. Those teams had bad years and it hurt us. Kind of makes you have to think twice about doing rivalry games against the fading rivals.

On the plus side, they should then not use the rivalry/superbowl factor to discount our win against Duke. SU does seem to get extraordinarily hyped up to play Duke, it has to be getting under their skin a little.

I don't think they factored in the rivalry factor the year we lost to UConn, St Johns, and Georgetown. Those teams had bad years and it hurt us. Kind of makes you have to think twice about doing rivalry games against the fading rivals.

On the plus side, they should then not use the rivalry/superbowl factor to discount our win against Duke. SU does seem to get extraordinarily hyped up to play Duke, it has to be getting under their skin a little.
Agreed. I'd rather they look at how good the team is that your facing, not the history of the two teams.

Are we? Really?
How would that be a disaster?

We’re not great this year.
Occasionally great, but not remotely consistently good.

Finishing the year .500 in what is by FAR the toughest, deepest conference in the country, would not remotely be “a disaster”.

Our schedule is ridonkulously back-loaded.
We’re only likely to be favored in one of the next 7 games.

If you want to say that finishing .500 is not is not a disaster that is fine.

But the ACC is not the deepest and toughest conference by far this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom