3 Point Lines messed up at NCAA Tournament site | Syracusefan.com

3 Point Lines messed up at NCAA Tournament site

This is such an unbelievable story yet entirely predictable with the NCAA and the incompetance and lack of accountability they have always shown Women's college bball. Disgraceful.

The NCAA’s incompetence is an unfair stain on women’s basketball

"And it was just the latest instance of bureaucratic haplessness. A ref named Tommi Paris had to be peeled off an early-stage game between N.C. State and Chattanooga when it was discovered late that she had a conflict — namely, she received a degree from Chattanooga. Utah was housed fully 30 miles from its Spokane, Wash. competition site in Coeur D’Alene, Idaho — notorious as the longtime home of the Aryan Nations. Surprise: Players were accosted by revving pickup truckers yelling racial slurs at them and had to be moved for safety. Notre Dame’s Hannah Hidalgo was benched by a martinet ref in the Sweet 16 for more than four minutes, ordered to remove a diamond stud in her nose that she had worn all season without penalty, including in the earlier rounds."

Watching the game no one noticed. now they view rarely shows both lines though,

More surprised the players didn't notice. Between practice and warmups and games they took thousands of shots and not one wonder about it?

Watching the game no one noticed. now they view rarely shows both lines though,

More surprised the players didn't notice. Between practice and warmups and games they took thousands of shots and not one wonder about it?
The did notice it, the NCAA wouldn't stop the games to fix it

Yes, that as well. These games are televised, how long would it take to completely redo the court?
I don’t know how long it would take, but if I was a coach and I was concerned that this may change the outcome of the game I would demand we don’t play until it is corrected.

I don’t know how long it would take, but if I was a coach and I was concerned that this may change the outcome of the game I would demand we don’t play until it is corrected.
One has to wonder how much pressure was put on the coaches by the NCAA and their television affiliate$ to not delay the games. They would have had to stop everything, get rid of the incorrect 3 point line and put down a new one. How long would that take? So saying that the coaches should have demanded to not play until it was fixed is a bit unreasonable in my opinion. Especially knowing in advance how the NCAA already treats the women's game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom