4 and 3 with a bye week and 5 more games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

4 and 3 with a bye week and 5 more games

Passing game is really the issue..

The fact we ran well vs FSU is also a mystery.

Guys were open vs Clemson, but the 2 road games with TV no idea if anyone was open at all.

Our Route tree has changed as the pass rush has gotten better.

Much of pass issues is throwing after guys get open not before and when you dont have a great arm thats harder to complete.

I wish we had an all 24 view to review.

Our route tree has made no sense, multiple years running now.

Shrader rarely throws the ball until guys are open.

Turnovers matter

if Clemson plays clean they probably are undefeated.

If Su plays clean I dont know that we dont beat Clemson

We need that advantage again soon

Florida States first drive I think they fumbled twice and we had chances to get the ball and couldn't. Take-aways has been an issue over the past three.

This really rings true for me. We 100% are this. And, it's highly probable that is how our fellow conference foes view us, as well as their fan bases. I mean, how could they not? We are 18-42 since we've been in the ACC under Dino.

What truly, I'll just say amazes me, is how there are many here seemingly being fine with another losing ACC record, especially when the conference has many weak to mediocre teams at best all the while. Even if we finish the season at 7-5, that's a 3-5 conference record. Yea!

Our conference record screams who we are and, as painfully as it may be to acknowledge, we indeed are/quite similar to yesteryear's Big East equivalents Temple and Rutgers.

We are not anywhere close to old Big East Rutgers/Temple. We more like old Big East Pitt. Maybe slightly better.

This really rings true for me. We 100% are this. And, it's highly probable that is how our fellow conference foes view us, as well as their fan bases. I mean, how could they not? We are 18-42 since we've been in the ACC under Dino.

What truly, I'll just say amazes me, is how there are many here seemingly being fine with another losing ACC record, especially when the conference has many weak to mediocre teams at best all the while. Even if we finish the season at 7-5, that's a 3-5 conference record. Yea!

Our conference record screams who we are and, as painfully as it may be to acknowledge, we indeed are/quite similar to yesteryear's Big East equivalents Temple and Rutgers.
Yeah, so, real talk...

We are old Big East football Temple and Rutgers.

That's what the ACC invited us in to be on the pigskin side.

Kind of crazy that we still don't know: who are we? If we are the team that beat Purdue on the road for a Saturday night game, we will win 4-5 more games. If we are a cleaner version of the team that lost to Clemson we will win 3-4 more games. If we are the same sloppy version then 2-3 more games. If we are the team that lost to FSU 1-2 more games. If we are the team that lost to UNC 0-1 more game.

We looked like crap against 3 good teams. We looked great against the one mediocre at best team we played. The last 5 teams are either closer to Purdue or even worse. But that Purdue game was a long time ago.

We probably won't know who we are until after VA Tech.

Yeah, so, real talk...

Your thinking/belief.

I doubt very much that most "real" or "reasonable" folk here thought eight years into Dino's tenure we'd be 18-42 in a conference that is known and has always been known first as a hoops one. Moreover, over this span, other than Clemson, the ACC for the most part has been a mediocre at best football conference.

We are not anywhere close to old Big East Rutgers/Temple. We more like old Big East Pitt. Maybe slightly better.

For the record, I don't think we are either. Just made the comment that we looked like them the last two weeks. Non competitive blowouts.

Your thinking/belief.

I doubt very much that most "real" or "reasonable" folk here thought eight years into Dino's tenure we'd be 18-42 in a conference that is known and has always been known first as a hoops one. Moreover, over this span, other than Clemson, the ACC for the most part has been a mediocre at best football conference.
I didn't think that's why we were invited in at first, but I've come to believe it, and yes, the way critical calls have gone against us officiating-wise is partly why I've come to believe it.

It's also why I think programs like Clemson and UNC are morons for thinking they'll have it better in a different conference.

you watch enough games, You see how single plays matter. Block a punt for a TD or at worst get 1st down and things can snowball.. Block it and give up a first down and it just continues down a bad path

Same for Clemson.. Dont fumble as you are driving them Gift them a 2nd td.. up 7 vs down 14..

FSU they dont pick up fumble 1 or #2 or #3. the offense gets 2 TDs instead of 1 fg and a miss. its 17-14 not 24-3,

I didn't think that's why we were invited in at first, but I've come to believe it, and yes, the way critical calls have gone against us officiating-wise is partly why I've come to believe it.

It's also why I think programs like Clemson and UNC are morons for thinking they'll have it better in a different conference.

They probably don't believe that "they'll have it better" per se as much as the desire to being included in all of the reindeer games; that, of course, being all of that extra do-re-mi. It's the same motivation as to why SU left the Big East.

The scoreboard said that but they really didn't. It was 17-14 Louisville at half. Pitt didn't take the lead until 3:39 left in the 3rd. Pitt had an 86 yard pick 6 that completely flipped the game late in the 3rd Q. Louisville was also -3 in TOs. Louisville out gained Pitt 430-288.
All of which sounds like Syracuse’s games against Pitt lol

They probably don't believe that "they'll have it better" per se as much as the desire to being included in all of the reindeer games; that, of course, being all of that extra do-re-mi. It's the same motivation as to why SU left the Big East.
But it's different because the Big East as a football conference was facing its own mortality.

That's not the case with the ACC.

But it's different because the Big East as a football conference was facing its own mortality.

That's not the case with the ACC.
not until about 2034 when the buyout isn't prohibitive enough for the magnificent 7 to bail.

If you make a change, try to get the cat from Coastal Carolina.

If you want to go retread meathead go get Al Golden, Bo Pelini, or Steve Addazzio and tell them to figure it out.

If you want to get laughed at offer Urban Meyer

If you want to go retread meathead go get Al Golden, Bo Pelini, or Steve Addazzio and tell them to figure it out.

Didn't the Coastal Carolina guy go to Liberty? I'd be all in on Dan Mullen if they make a change. He rebuilt a horrible Mississippi State program.

I'll pass on offering a guy who can't get 11 guys on the field two plays in a row in the biggest game of the year.

Didn't the Coastal Carolina guy go to Liberty? I'd be all in on Dan Mullen if they make a change. He rebuilt a horrible Mississippi State program.
Yeah I meant JMU

Cignetti is 62 which is crazy (doesn't look it, to me) and a WVU alum from Pittsburgh

Maybe he would destroy our demons against Pitt?

Pelini is only 55 - seems like that guy has been around forever. I would have thought he was in his mid 60s

I suffered through the FSU game followed by a lot of channel switching yesterday through the evening. I don't believe we will be able to win the three road games left. VT, Pitt, and GT will all be a hope and a prayer. That leaves BC and Wake, neither of which will be a pushover. I believe the best finish we may have is 6-6. Is this good enough to keep Dino?

Nope. We just don't play tough enough with him as the coach. We need a guy who is a bit more of an SOB.

Yeah, so, real talk...

No, those teams were worse. We have still had quality games that give us that glimmer of hope, and then they fail to turn up on national tv for a big game, time after time. Stage fright.
Temple and Rutgers were so bad, they'd only win a couple games a year. We've only completely fallen apart the COVID, one win year. We've been better than '90s Big East era Temple or Rutgers.

UNC particularly will be in for a culture shock when they realize they went from effectively running a conference as its own fiefdom to having nobody care what their opinion is. Part of me wants them to leave in a huff just so I can enjoy their fans misery for the next thirty years.

If they do bolt the ACC, I also hope Duke tells them to **** off about maintaining a basketball rivalry - that would hurt UNC far, far more than it would hurt Duke.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom