60's Songs | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

60's Songs

[song: Do You Know How It Feels]

The Band, from their second album

[song: When You Awake]

First cut from their first album, Music from Big Pink

[song: Tears of Rage]

Easybeats- Friday On My Mind...#1 song in the world for a bit, displaced the Beatles:

After their run they later became Flash and The Pan (Hey, St. Peter)- I'm one of the few in the world who worship them.

Brian Wilson talking about The Ronettes "Be My Baby"

“I felt like I wanted to try to do something as good as that song and I never did,” he said. “I’ve stopped trying.” Mr. Wilson added: “It’s the greatest record ever produced. No one will ever top that one.”

Article about the song..NY Times.

Still Tingling Spines, 50 Years Later

‘Be My Baby,’ a Hit Single With Staying Power

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/18/movies/be-my-baby-a-hit-single-with-staying-power.html?src=dayp

Got to include this. Peter Paul and Mary had a number 1 version. Lots of people have recorded it (Johnny Cash). The Kingston Trio had an earlier version that I think is pretty good, not as big a chart topper as PP&M.

This is the Kingston Trio version.

For all the veterans of all the wars, but I'm posting it in honor of a number of people that I knew who served in Vietnam. Particularly for Mike T. RIP.

These guys were over the top great and the music was so damn relevant it hurts. "Where have all the flowers gone?"is one of those songs that go to relevancy.For pure harmony, In have to go with "The Momma and the Poppas" I have a collection on my I-Tunes that of course are my favorites."Beach Boy" stuff was pure fun. As a former trumpet player I loved Doc Severenson and had every one of his "Top" albums.As an August 1945 kid, I listened and enjoyed all of the big band sound and styles. My kids are up to date on their favorites including anything John Williams wrote for the big movies. My oldest son Terry was a Phil Collins addict and even managed to get himself into a Phil Collins video filmed at Paramount studio in LA.He wasin the right place at the right time. Pure luck.:eek:

OK, well, I guess I'm back. I've been back a little while but wasn't sure if I was going to keep Time Warner internet so I didn't post until now. Anyway, I got that plus 2 new debit cards so I got that straightened out too. I also had car problems going on at the same time but that is apparently fixed so.....

I guess I'll post a few more songs. I don't think any of these have been posted but I'm not 100% sure. It's too bad your script doesn't work here anymore tee, I've noticed a few repeats. At any rate, you guys have posted a lot of good 60s music.

[song: Will You Be Staying After Sunday]

a little Ted Nugent.....

[song: Journey To The Center Of The Mind]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors