60's Songs | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

60's Songs

Another Skeeter Davis song...Carole King had a hand in writing this.

Speaking of Carole King, although I mentioned she co-wrote "One Fine Day" above I neglected to give her credit for co-writing "The Loco-Motion" too. She and her husband - Gerry Goffin - were prolific songwriters before she became a famous artist.

Tapestry ...what a monster album.

obliterata-Speaking of Carole King, although I mentioned she co-wrote "One Fine Day" above I neglected to give her credit for co-writing "The Loco-Motion" too. She and her husband - Gerry Goffin - were prolific songwriters before she became a famous artist-

First time I ever heard of her was around 71-72..I had been going out with this girl for about 5 years. I think we were driving somewhere and "You've Got a Friend" was on the radio...James Taylor. She said something about a better version. I thought Taylor's version was pretty much impossible to beat. She then mentioned Carole King's version, said that she had written the song.

A few days later she played the Tapestry album. She was right.

Well, I'll post a few more.

The 60s had a lot of quality instrumental songs too. Some have been posted already, here's 15 more I like.

[song: Exodus]

the only song ever recorded by a Frenchman to reach number one in the US, a 60s classic.....

[song: Love Is Blue]

I'll end with this beautiful song.....

[song: Love Theme From Romeo And Juliet]

Speaking of Carole King, although I mentioned she co-wrote "One Fine Day" above I neglected to give her credit for co-writing "The Loco-Motion" too. She and her husband - Gerry Goffin - were prolific songwriters before she became a famous artist.

The number of good and great songs those two is nothing short of amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom