#8 Football Factory - Video Link | Syracusefan.com

#8 Football Factory - Video Link

Great segment. Still so many great players who were not even mentioned.

Great segment. Still so many great players who were not even mentioned.
Yep, didn't even mention another Hall of Famer and one of the greatest centers of all time in Jim Ringo, or Joe Morris, and then you look at the recent NFL talent we've produced...we really have put a ton of guys in the league when you stop and think about it, even in our down years.

When Coughlin and Harrison make the Hall of Fame (and both are locks to get in) ...they would jump from #8 to a little higher actually if they update that list.

When Coughlin does retire (probably in a couple years) I could see him being very active around the program, making appearances when asked, and helping out in any way he can.

When Coughlin and Harrison make the Hall of Fame (and both are locks to get in) ...they would jump from #8 to a little higher actually if they update that list.

When Coughlin does retire (probably in a couple years) I could see him being very active around the program, making appearances when asked, and helping out in any way he can.

Don't forget Freeney in terms of HoF.

Don't forget Freeney in terms of HoF.

He is about 40 sacks shy of where he needs to be. I don't see him getting in

Took Chris Doleman forever to get in and he had 150 sacks. Strahan is at 150 and he didn't get in this past year. Freeney at 107 sacks needs about 40 more and at his age and only being a situational player these days I don't see it happening.

Freeney would need to first get near 150 sacks. Then wait in line behind guys like Strahan, Jason Taylor, Kevin Greene ..etc...etc. Ain't happening. Freeney isn't getting in.

They bang on us a lil bit in the beginning but I enjoyed watching. Brings back sOme great memories.

Took Chris Doleman forever to get in and he had 150 sacks. Strahan is at 150 and he didn't get in this past year. Freeney at 107 sacks needs about 40 more and at his age and only being a situational player these days I don't see it happening.

Freeney would need to first get near 150 sacks. Then wait in line behind guys like Strahan, Jason Taylor, Kevin Greene ..etc...etc. Ain't happening. Freeney isn't getting in.

Agree to disagree on that. I think Dwight is just about a lock. He was one of the most feared and disruptive defensive linemen of the past 25 years. Even when he wasn't getting sacks, he was causing enough havoc to warrant constant double and triple teams. I think he gets in before Jason Taylor and probably Kevin Greene, probably not Strahan though.

Agree to disagree on that. I think Dwight is just about a lock. He was one of the most feared and disruptive defensive linemen of the past 25 years. Even when he wasn't getting sacks, he was causing enough havoc to warrant constant double and triple teams. I think he gets in before Jason Taylor and probably Kevin Greene, probably not Strahan though.

Jason Taylor has better numbers than Freeney across the board and even if Dwight plays 2 more years that won't change. JT has More Sacks, INT's, forced fumbles, passes defended, and TD's. Numbers are clearly on JT's side. Plus JT was 4 time All Pro while Dwight was only 3 time All Pro. Plus JT has an NFL Defensive player of the year award, Dwight doesn't! It's not even a close comparison in reality.

Kevin Green has 160 sacks. That's insane! Dwight at 107 has a lot of catching up to do if he wants to get in before Green.

Hall of Fame is all about numbers and Dwight's don't stack up. He will be in the debate and in consideration...he just isn't getting in.

Donovan Darius seems to be one of the better Orangemen in the NFL that never gets mentioned. One of the best Jacksonville Jaguars of all time. He was one of their best players on some good teams

Hey...we're listed ahead of an entire conference! Can't beat that.

Maybe tradition does matter after all? What say you Butgers trolls?

How about Gary Anderson for the Hall of Fame? He was one of the most prolific kickers in NFL history. Didn't the Bills draft him only to cut him during the preseason?

How about Gary Anderson for the Hall of Fame? He was one of the most prolific kickers in NFL history. Didn't the Bills draft him only to cut him during the preseason?

Second all-time leading scorer and second all-time in made field goals. Not too shabby.

FYI: Olindo Mare is 18th on the all-time scoring list and 14th in made field goals. Between the Dome, Anderson, and Mare, why, again, can we never seem to bring in top notch kickers year after year?

Seven time Pro Bowler - team of the 2000s - AFC Defensive Player of the Year for at least one year - Super Bowl Champion.

Dwight Freeney is a lock for the Hall of Fame

Here's the link to the actual episode of the Top 10 Football Factories. I posted this in one of the recruiting threads, but figured I'd post it here in case anyone hadn't seen it yet. Syracuse starts at about 9:50.

Outstanding piece.

In some respects scratches the surface of the amazing Syracuse Football Tradition.

Seven time Pro Bowler - team of the 2000s - AFC Defensive Player of the Year for at least one year - Super Bowl Champion.

Dwight Freeney is a lock for the Hall of Fame

Lock...ha ha ha!! Yeah good luck with that. Only with 107 sacks he isn't even close to being considered. He needs 135+ to even get in the debate. Guys with better numbers and those same awards aren't in the Hall of Fame.

Freeney isn't getting in!!

Won't get in because the biggest kick of his life (missed FG to send Minny to the Super Bowl over Atlanta) he missed!

Tough for kickers to get in anyway, but when your biggest moment in your career is a MISSED KICK...pretty much kills any chance

Damn that got me pumped for he upcoming season! The PSU game can't get here soon enough!!

if they decide to actually put kickers in then Anderson gets in.. the rules are too tough when you basically ignore a position..

Freeney may not get in.. But i dont think you will find a tackle in the last 20 years who would say they would rather face Dwight than Kevin Greene.

Won't get in because the biggest kick of his life (missed FG to send Minny to the Super Bowl over Atlanta) he missed!

Tough for kickers to get in anyway, but when your biggest moment in your career is a MISSED KICK...pretty much kills any chance

That's like saying Mariano Rivera won't get into the baseball Hall of Fame because he blew the 7th game of the World Series against the Diamondbacks. Yes, I realize he's saved other WS games. He and Morten Andersen will get in. One kick in a 20 something year career won't keep him out. His chances are far from killed.

That's like saying Mariano Rivera won't get into the baseball Hall of Fame because he blew the 7th game of the World Series against the Diamondbacks. Yes, I realize he's saved other WS games. He and Morten Andersen will get in. One kick in a 20 something year career won't keep him out. His chances are far from killed.

Relief pitchers are in the hall of fame though. Only 1 kicker in the NFL Hall of Fame and if there is another it will be Adam Vinateri. I don't see Morton or Gary getting in.

Relief pitchers are in the hall of fame though. Only 1 kicker in the NFL Hall of Fame and if there is another it will be Adam Vinateri. I don't see Morton or Gary getting in.

Groza is also in. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see how they can be left out. Some players just take longer to get in. Just ask Floyd Little.

Groza is also in. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see how they can be left out. Some players just take longer to get in. Just ask Floyd Little.

Groza is in but he wasn't ONLY a place-kicker he played another position and kicked on the side. I am talking strictly 100% only a kicker. Only 1 guy is in and Gary Anderson isn't close to getting in.

These Voters have little to no respect for kickers. Fair or unfair its reality.

I know that Stenerud is the only 100% kicker. So, they have accepted kickers. When, not if, they induct another kicker, Anderson and Andersen will be at or near the top of that list. So yes, he's closer than most kickers to getting in.

I know that Stenerud is the only 100% kicker. So, they have accepted kickers. When, not if, they induct another kicker, Anderson and Andersen will be at or near the top of that list. So yes, he's closer than most kickers to getting in.

200 players in the hall of fame and only 1 full time kicker. Don't be holding your breath waiting for the next kicker to go in anytime soon if ever!