#8 | Syracusefan.com

DaCuse

Shooting a deuce for da Cuse!
Who was the last Syracuse men’s basketball player to wear #8?

Vic Hanson's retired jersey is #8 and believe it or not that was even well before my time. I can't recall anyone with #8 otherwise

Whoever was the last to wear #8 was the last to wear #8, since they don't allow it anymore.

I swear I read once (maybe here?) that you cant have jersey numbers with digits higher than five (ie 51 is OK but 56 is not) because of the way the refs signal who committed a foul.

Nailed it.

In fact, it wasn't until rather recently that the NCAA allowed players to wear #1 or 2. As far as I can tell the only SU players to ever wear #1 are: Allen Griffin, Hakim Warrick, Andy Rautins, Mike Sutton, and MCW. The only players to wear #2 are Tyrone Albright, Justin Thomas, Nick Resavy, BJ Johnson and Matt Moyer.

Looks like #2 is pseudo cursed. Well, except for JT being the No. 1 ranked golfer it the world.
In fact, it wasn't until rather recently that the NCAA allowed players to wear #1 or 2. As far as I can tell the only SU players to ever wear #1 are: Allen Griffin, Hakim Warrick, Andy Rautins, Mike Sutton, and MCW. The only players to wear #2 are Tyrone Albright, Justin Thomas, Nick Resavy, BJ Johnson and Matt Moyer.

Looks like #2 is pseudo cursed. Well, except for JT being the No. 1 ranked golfer it the world.

Tyrone Albright has a ring!

1528218958972.png

I thought that this was a ranking of our team next year by some internet donk and I was ready to get into a four page argument over whether it was too high or too low, depending on what the response was.

The first thing that I thought of was Darius Bazley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom