9 seed would be best seed in five years. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

9 seed would be best seed in five years.

I’m not gonna settle for a mid-major coach I don’t care who it is. We’re bigger than that. We need a big time coach, big big time.
Just when I think you can't top one of your own posts, you prove me wrong. Kudos.

You're not gonna settle for something? What are you going to do? Jump up and down? Hold your breath?

Unless you're Kent Syverud, tough guy message board posting doesn't carry a lot of weight in the AD.

Just when I think you can't top one of your own posts, you prove me wrong. Kudos.

You're not gonna settle for something? What are you going to do? Jump up and down? Hold your breath?

Unless you're Kent Syverud, tough guy message board posting doesn't carry a lot of weight in the AD.
I don’t see 1 mid major coach right now capable of this job. So..? I imagine much of the fan base will be very unhappy if we hire someone from the MAAC. Come on now, use common sense. We should be getting top coaching candidates for this job

SU Dreaming got the best posts on the board. They always spot on

False. You’re a child and you continue to make a fool of yourself with these moronic posts. It’s not just the content- you’re fine to make whatever point you want- it’s mainly the way you go about it. Grow up and have a mature discussion.

In my eyes, he's had only 1 legit post this week. The rest were luck.

I don’t see 1 mid major coach right now capable of this job. So..? I imagine much of the fan base will be very unhappy if we hire someone from the MAAC. Come on now, use common sense. We should be getting top coaching candidates for this job
You've obviously got an axe to grind with ADJW. What makes you think he will just throw darts at a piece of paper to choose the next coach? Come on now, use common sense.

Maybe you should send him your list right now so he can do his due diligence, since you're an expert on coaches and who's capable of coaching here. You know, so he doesn't just sit and watch the program cave and refuse to do anything about it.

False. You’re a child and you continue to make a fool of yourself with these moronic posts. It’s not just the content- you’re fine to make whatever point you want- it’s mainly the way you go about it. Grow up and have a mature discussion.
Lol you guys just call me a child because all I do is post H0T Takes. I’m not a child, I just post H0T Takes

Boeheim is losing recruiting battles left and right to real hall of fame coaches. .
you've made over a dozen factual errors in your 11 posts, which others have adequately detailed, but i'm happy to take this one

in the incoming class alone:
jb beat out dana altman & the nike warchest for guerrier
jb beat out coach k, john bielien and mike brey for jgiii
jb beat out jay wright for jba

Tnere are a bunch of new folks with interesting thoughts.
The problem is these “new folks” do nothing more than stifle discussion w/ their obvious troll H0T Takes.
There are legitimate issues on the table for debate, but it’s hard to debate some sock puppet who’s looking for reactions instead of constructive engagement.
I hate to be the old guy talking about “back in the day”, but the worst elements of our fanbase are starting to be reflected here on this forum. The s yracuse.com-like infestation on this board continues unabated.
And the really sad part is, we’re a program soon-to-be in transition. There’s likely to be some tough times on the horizon, times we’re not used to seeing for SU b-ball. I shudder to think what a losing record under a new coach will be like around here. Sad.

Last edited:
You've obviously got an axe to grind with ADJW. What makes you think he will just throw darts at a piece of paper to choose the next coach? Come on now, use common sense.

Maybe you should send him your list right now so he can do his due diligence, since you're an expert on coaches and who's capable of coaching here. You know, so he doesn't just sit and watch the program cave and refuse to do anything about it.
He isn’t a SU fan. The guy has the MO of a Boneyarder who has knowledge of our program and just trolling because their team is completely irrelevant.

And the really sad part is, we’re a program soon-to-be in transition. There’s likely to be some tough times on the horizon, times we’re not used to seeing for SU b-ball. I shudder to think what a losing record under a new coach will be like around here. Sad.

I think this is what our reality is right now. We need to enjoy these "mediocre" times we are experiencing right now. History has shown, most teams go through down periods once hall of fame coaches leave.

ethoo18 & slashsnake after there last run of sick takes together...
giphy.gif

The idea was to get rid of Boeheim because of his 2nd probation. SU named Hops successor over 10 years ago.

If I were SU's AD, I would walk in there the first day and tell him he's fired at the end of the season. Garbage recruiter... No ability to coach man to man defense... Never a team that can shoot free throws or shoot period. He's been exposed now that Hops is gone. The number of people that are sick of Boeheim now outnumber those who support him.

The team is 19-12 this year and won't improve next year (and will probably get worse even). We're on the level of Notre Dame now.

If I were SU's AD, I would walk in there the first day and tell him he's fired at the end of the season.
Yes, too bad we don't have your leadership. My God.

Garbage recruiter...
Too bad for you that the facts don't support your hot take.

No ability to coach man to man defense...
I think you're confusing ability with desire.

Never a team that can shoot free throws or shoot period.
Once again, too bad that the facts don't support you. Last year, we couldn't shoot free throws at 74%??

He's been exposed now that Hops is gone.
Another hot take. Brilliant.

The number of people that are sick of Boeheim now outnumber those who support him.
And you know this how exactly??

The team is 19-12 this year and won't improve next year (and will probably get worse even).
I guess we have or very own Nostradamus here. Amazing.

We're on the level of Notre Dame now.
Thanks again for another hot take.

Are the trolls saying anything insightful? I’ve counted about three I’ve put on ignore this week alone.

I find it interesting when people feel the need to say they placed another poster on ignore. Can't one ignore that poster(s) by simply not acknowledging/responding to their posts? Doesn't mentioning/posting one has placed another on ignore a passive-aggressive sort of way admitting that one really isn't ignoring that poster at all?

I find it interesting when people feel the need to say they placed another poster on ignore. Can't one ignore that poster(s) by simply not acknowledging/responding to their posts? Doesn't mentioning/posting one has placed another on ignore a passive-aggressive sort of way admitting that one really isn't ignoring that poster at all?
I don't put people on ignore myself. I just laugh at the stuff they say that I think is ridiculous. I mean I'm pretty sure you called me fat like a month ago and you aren't on ignore.

I don't put people on ignore myself. I just laugh at the stuff they say that I think is ridiculous. I mean I'm pretty sure you called me fat like a month ago and you aren't on ignore.

I didn't call you fat. I stated based upon your avatar, it appeared that you were overweight. And, I only made that comment to you after you first suggested that I was a negative person, or something unflattering to the like, based upon your perception of me.

you've made over a dozen factual errors in your 11 posts, which others have adequately detailed, but i'm happy to take this one

in the incoming class alone:
jb beat out dana altman & the nike warchest for guerrier
jb beat out coach k, john bielien and mike brey for jgiii
jb beat out jay wright for jba

I don't pay too much attention to recruits until one is signed.
That said, I had no idea Girard had that impressive of an offer sheet. Wow.

And now my silly brain has assigned higher expectations of him.
I'll bring them back down to earth.

Nope. On this site it’s not passive-aggressive at all. You don’t even see that the person has made a post, nor do you see if someone has responded to their posts, I believe. So you really ARE ignoring them when you put someone on ignore.

Nope. On this site it’s not passive-aggressive at all. You don’t even see that the person has made a post, nor do you see if someone has responded to their posts, I believe. So you really ARE ignoring them when you put someone on ignore.

Got it! Then there's no need for a poster to say he placed a poster on ignore, unless of course he isn't truly ignoring said poster as he wouldn't need to say anything at all to that effect, it's simply just done. ;)

Got it! Then there's no need for a poster to say he placed a poster on ignore, unless of course he isn't truly ignoring said poster as he wouldn't need to say anything, it's simply just done. ;)

Good point. The point I was making is that we seem to have gotten a lot of trolls lately, and wondering if they’ve said anything insightful, because I’m not privy to what they’re saying at this juncture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom