A fellow Syracuse alum trying to destroy what makes the NCAA tourney great... | Syracusefan.com

A fellow Syracuse alum trying to destroy what makes the NCAA tourney great...

He and I both went to C-State and got grad degrees at SU. What a tool bag.

The purpose of all this conference realignment is the big brands making sure they don't have to share with the little guys, people act like it's all about football, but the NCAA tournament is a billion dollar entity. They aren't just going to forget about it and leave a billion dollars on the table. Someday soon the NCAA tournament will be only for the power conferences, which is the one and only reason I care about Syracuse being in a power conference.

The purpose of all this conference realignment is the big brands making sure they don't have to share with the little guys, people act like it's all about football, but the NCAA tournament is a billion dollar entity. They aren't just going to forget about it and leave a billion dollars on the table. Someday soon the NCAA tournament will be only for the power conferences, which is the one and only reason I care about Syracuse being in a power conference.
It's sad because the first two days of the tournament always belong to the underdogs. Taking that away rips the heart out of the first weekend. It's part of the reason Vegas is a pilgrimage the first weekend of the tourney. Wall-to-wall hoops and upsets galore.

There's part of me that wishes SU would fold up football (like I said, it's a wish. I know it would NEVER happen) and head back to the Big East for all sports.

I always liked the idea of separating football from the rest of college sports. It's the driver and the main problem hampering all other sports. If you created tiers for football and allowed all other sports to stay in (or go back to) conferences that make historical and geographic sense, a lot of this insanity would be tamed.

It's a shame that a fellow Red Dragon would do this. Hell - if this were the rule in D-III, C-State wouldn't have won the football natty because their conference stinks compared to the Midwest elites.

I hate the people that run big time college sports. They've done all they could to ruin football with conference realignment with basketball suffering collateral damage. Now they want to target basketball directly. Greedy POS.

He and I both went to C-State and got grad degrees at SU. What a tool bag.
Sankey is a tool bag and one of the leaders of ruining college sports. But even JB is in favor of expanding the NCAA tournament. It’s a no brainer. 68 isn’t big enough anymore with all the automatic qualifiers and overall parity in college sports.

Sankey is a tool bag and one of the leaders of ruining college sports. But even JB is in favor of expanding the NCAA tournament. It’s a no brainer. 68 isn’t big enough anymore with all the automatic qualifiers and overall parity in college sports.
I don't trust JB's opinion on it. I think his perspective changed when we got worse and missed the tournament. He blamed parity instead of acknowledging our decline. I think you expand if play in at larges begin to become regular final four participants or one wins it all. Until then, leave it as is.

I don't trust JB's opinion on it. I think his perspective changed when we got worse and missed the tournament. He blamed parity instead of acknowledging our decline. I think you expand if play in at larges begin to become regular final four participants or one wins it all. Until then, leave it as is.
I disagree. It’s time to expand it. JB supported expanding the tourney before our decline. When they went to 68, he supported a larger expansion. there are so many double digit seeds (including us) that have made the Final Four and Elite Eights in recent years.

I disagree. It’s time to expand it. JB supported expanding the tourney before our decline. When they went to 68, he supported a larger expansion. there are so many double digit seeds (including us) that have made the Final Four and Elite Eights in recent years.

We went to 64 forty-ish years ago. The game and population has changed.

We're splitting the atom between 19-22 win teams, Let em in, it's another game and the gamblers will love it.

OK. I'm wrong about JB, but there really haven't been that many double digit seeds to make the final 4 recently. There have have been 4 since 2011 and 5 since 2006. I know that's more than before, but to me 4 out off 48 isn't enough. I don't really care how many have made the elite 8.

Having said all that, I fully expect them to expand. There's too much money in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom