A few recruiting nuggets | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A few recruiting nuggets

If this kid is such a monster, why couldn't he get on the court at Duke?
Because Duke plays 2 big guys and 3 guards. The guards they had this season were

Rivers
Curry
Dawkins
Cook
Thornton

And they'll have the same guards next year, trading Rivers for Sualimon

Francis, thanks for the report. What are you hearing about Stanford Robinson 6'4 combo guard? He's another Team Takeover guy and I hear he is expected to climb in the rankings this summer. He had a breakout HS season as he became a main cog on a team that won the MD/VA Catholic league beating Grant's DeMatha team. SU has a big in with him as Autry was a former coach at that HS. Also, really like MG wow sign him up if Coach K doesn't block us.

Francis, my question to you. I was impressed with that tape. You indicate that he is a guard and he does appear to have great size and skills for that position. However, Cooney would be just one year ahead of him and they play the same position. Do you think they are looking at him as a SF candidate?
The reason why I think MG is better suited up top for the zone is because he's 6'6, under 200lbs, and his wingspan is only the same as his actual height at 6'6. He is also not known as a good rebounder, so imho I think he could struggle playing out on the wing and fits best up top.

What's the word on Gbinije's ballhandling now? Scout had that listed as a weakness, which makes me wonder just how effective he'd really be as a 2G. Speaking of Scout, his pic on there makes him look a bit like Blackwell.
His ballhandling is pretty solid imo. Has no problems taking it to the rack and finishing with contact as others have mentioned.

Jimmy is friends with K, doesn't he already know whether Duke will release Gbinije to Syracuse? I wouldn't think it would have to be a big secret.

"Hey Mike before I have Hop and Red waste any of their time, will you allow your boy to come North if he wants to?"

I've heard mixed things about Iverson; he refuses to play D or rebound and is very me-first at this point; but on the other hand you gotta love the upside of a 6'8 F who can handle the rock like a G and score. I would think if he came here he could very well get PT at the 2 depending on who's around, which would be amazing.

Thoughts Francis?
Iverson has always been about upside and potential, very talented but too lackadaisical. I heard Jerami Grant destroyed n embarrassed him in their matchup back in January. Dave Telep mentioned that Iverson actually looked the best that he has seen him in a few years, so maybe the light has come on. I know the staff really liked him last year but I think most schools are taking a wait n see approach with him.

Iverson has always been about upside and potential, very talented but too lackadaisical. I heard Jerami Grant destroyed n embarrassed him in their matchup back in January. Dave Telep mentioned that Iverson actually looked the best that he has seen him in a few years, so maybe the light has come on. I know the staff really liked him last year but I think most schools are taking a wait n see approach with him.
what's your take on Goodluck? As far as future potential. I just don't ever see him being a high major recruit. Am I wrong?

what's your take on Goodluck? As far as future potential. I just don't ever see him being a high major recruit. Am I wrong?
I'm looking forward to watching him the most this spring/summer without Noel by his side. I haven't been as high on him as others on the board. On the positive side he's athletic, long, and plays with high energy. Offensive consistency will be key in his development moving forward.

Where do you think we stand with Notice? I've been intrigued with him since when I first heard about him a few years ago...
The staff hasn't shown much interest in him as of late but he's playing AAU ball with Ennis, so they'll have a chance to get a good look at him.

Anybody else think that Goodluck has a little Waldo Geraldo Faldo (from Family Matters) in him?

waldo.jpg
http://vmedia./IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/GOODLUCK-OKONOBOH_150_5_4.JPG

Only a Duke recruit would put a clip of drawing a charge into his highlight reel.

I'm looking forward to watching him the most this spring/summer without Noel by his side. I haven't been as high on him as others on the board. On the positive side he's athletic, long, and plays with high energy. Offensive consistency will be key in his development moving forward.
maybe I'm wrong but I see another potential BMK. Love his smile tho. I think he would be a fan favorite

Francis, thanks for the report. What are you hearing about Stanford Robinson 6'4 combo guard? He's another Team Takeover guy and I hear he is expected to climb in the rankings this summer. He had a breakout HS season as he became a main cog on a team that won the MD/VA Catholic league beating Grant's DeMatha team. SU has a big in with him as Autry was a former coach at that HS. Also, really like MG wow sign him up if Coach K doesn't block us.
Red has been checking Robinson for over the past year. Anya, Robinson, and Wainright are on the same team so they'll be looked at hard this weekend and next.

Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop)
4/18/12 6:36 PM

Syracuse watched 2013 New Rens (NY) F Jermaine Lawrence & 2016 Team Scan (NY) trio Bryce Aiken, Temple Gibbs & Sterling Hewitt workout.

I like lawrence a lot, transferred from cardozo to a school in jersey...kids got great size at 6'9 just needs to add some weight and prove himself against stiffer comp...i really want him or roberson as a 3/4 in this class

Francis are we still recruiting Monte Morris, I remember last year that he was ready to committ but nothing came about from it. Is he now more of a backup plan for Ennis. Also what do you think of Tyler Robersons game?

I think Wainright is an interesting player. He's kind of similar to Paul Harris in that do-it-all mode. He's not really a SG because his range isn't that great, but he might not be tall enough as a wing for the SU zone. What makes him intriguing is that he's very strong, can handle the rock like a point, and just find ways to get things done. I can't wait to get some official measurements on some of these guys lol.

"call me ishmael"
LOMO moten was a physical guy around 6'5" (football db and marvin graves roomie as i recall) who was initially an inside baseline killer but who later developed a nice outside touch. can wainright's game develop more along the moten tangent than paul harris. (not a knock on PH)

I like lawrence a lot, transferred from cardozo to a school in jersey...kids got great size at 6'9 just needs to add some weight and prove himself against stiffer comp...i really want him or roberson as a 3/4 in this class
I wish Lawrence's Momma didn't pull him out of Cardozo. Ron C is one of the best coaches in the NYC, and I think Lawrence would've benefited from that.

I wish Lawrence's Momma didn't pull him out of Cardozo. Ron C is one of the best coaches in the NYC, and I think Lawrence would've benefited from that.

Ive always liked Naclerio , dude cracks me up and hes a great coach. Yea i agree, i wonder what the reason was for her doing that

Francis are we still recruiting Monte Morris, I remember last year that he was ready to committ but nothing came about from it. Is he now more of a backup plan for Ennis. Also what do you think of Tyler Robersons game?
Morris didn't list SU on the last update that I read about him. He came to the elite camp last summer expecting to be offered but that never happened. I figure that the staff probably decided to pass on him.

Thanks again for the great stuff Francis. I hear Tyler Roberson's name alot but have never really seen him play or been able to find any good YouTube clips of him. What kind of player is he and how are our chances with him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom