A few recruiting nuggets | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

A few recruiting nuggets

Thanks again for the great stuff Francis. I hear Tyler Roberson's name alot but have never really seen him play or been able to find any good YouTube clips of him. What kind of player is he and how are our chances with him?
Roberson is a 6'8 forward with a wiry frame that can inside score inside n out. Needs to improve off the bounce and get stronger moving forward. His list is pretty wide open but SU has shown a lot of interest in him.

Roberson is a 6'8 forward with a wiry frame that can inside score inside n out. Needs to improve off the bounce and get stronger moving forward. His list is pretty wide open but SU has shown a lot of interest in him.
Is he aggressive ? As in doesnt shy away from contact. Hows his bball iq and how athletic is he?

Is he aggressive ? As in doesnt shy away from contact. Hows his bball iq and how athletic is he?
I've only seen him once and it was a matchup against Noah Vonleh. Vonleh's length caused him some problems but he didn't back down and scored in a variety of ways in that game. He's a decent athlete and his b-ball IQ seemed fine, but I've to see him a few more times to have a really good feel for him.

Northeast Hoops Festival Recap - April 14-15, Hartford Conn

Standout performers

Noah Vonleh (Haverhill, Mass./New Hampton School)
2014, SF, 6-8, 210 pounds

New England bragging rights were at stake in the junior division and Vonleh walked away as the winner, leading his Rivals Basketball Club to a 6-0 record and the tournament championship. The sophomore forward, who seems to have stretched his frame another inch since the fall, handled most of the ballhandling responsibilities in the middle of the floor and raised the bar in the finals, making a series of high-level plays off the dribble to show his combination of size and playmaking ability.

(drooling...)

Vonleh reminds me of a better harrison barnes, going to be a tough get but well be in it

Vonleh reminds me of a better harrison barnes, going to be a tough get but well be in it
Do you see him as a 3 or 4 in college? Or a combo forward as we have here at SU?

Do you see him as a 3 or 4 in college? Or a combo forward as we have here at SU?

Hed be perfect here as a combo, i think he fits best as a 4 right now bc his ballhandling needs some work and hes still growing. He has a great motor though and isnt a finesse player like barnes hell mix it up...if his ballhandling improves a lot than wow

Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop)
4/18/12 6:36 PM

Syracuse watched 2013 New Rens (NY) F Jermaine Lawrence & 2016 Team Scan (NY) trio Bryce Aiken, Temple Gibbs & Sterling Hewitt workout.
my name is sterling, just based of his name I hope he comes here and leads us to a national championship so I can tell people that Sterling led Syracuse to the promise land.

Exactly the same player I compared him to. Something about the neck/head.

Zagoria and borzello are saying lawrence is playing like a monster right now

Zagoria and borzello are saying lawrence is playing like a monster right now

I saw a NY Post article about Sutherland and Lawrence and it seemed like they have somewhat of a relationship. Sutherland seems to really enjoy his time up here, any chance you think that could have any influence over Lawrence? And if there is any influence, is it gone now that Lawrence left Cardozo?

I saw a NY Post article about Sutherland and Lawrence and it seemed like they have somewhat of a relationship. Sutherland seems to really enjoy his time up here, any chance you think that could have any influence over Lawrence? And if there is any influence, is it gone now that Lawrence left Cardozo?
Lawrence's Mommy will play a big part of the decision. Lawrence seems like a good humble kid and the staff has been on him for quite some time.

New name passed along to me is Stephen Thompson Jr. Yup Stevie's kid who is a guard in the 2015 class. Right now he's playing out in a tourney in Vegas.

Someone tweeted that Thompson jr was doing real well besides Telep. I want to say the guy from rivals.

Also, Seth Davis tweeted Coach K let Gbinije go with no restrictions, including ACC schools. Not sure if that's accurate or if there are rules with the ACC conference that prevent him from going to a Virginia or Virginia tech, but that's good news for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom