A Holiday Wish | Syracusefan.com

A Holiday Wish

Shenexon

All American
On this first day of a new year, a most magical and significant day, I wish a successful & happy year to all of you, to SU, and the people that make SU a place that is important to us.

This board is made up of a large number of intelligent, successful, and caring people that share a love of Syracuse University athletics. Thanks to all of you, this is a great place to be in good times and bad. We have Marsh that must never sleep to be able to watch so much basketball, SWC as a resident statistician/historian, Tomcat with his balanced analysis of every game, Bees & other admins providing a place to debate, OE with media coverage, great recruiting analysts with Francis, Peppas, et al, conference realignment info from Arbitrage and others, insider info from many sources, great tailgate events & catering from Cuseregular, Jeremy, et al, facilitation by Texanmark (best known last year for his niece's antics), and a strong connection to SU courtesy of CTO. All of you make this an addictive place. Please don't stop.

I'd also like to acknowledge many of you that write so well and with passion. I loved being part of this board in 2012 and look forward to 2013. While the debate can become too personal, in general I feel smarter after visiting than beforehand. Thank you for that. It's a nice mix of people with widely varying opinions, and that's a good thing. This place wouldn't be the same without Albanycuse, IB, Dasher, Toga, Whitey, Mantonio, KC, LICuse, OPA, Chip, Marsh, Dccuse, Rocco, JoeSU, Tristan, BrnCuseFrvCuse, BballBeadle, Texanmark, Javadoc, Cheriehoop, Jake, Cuseregular, GO, etc., etc., etc.

We're also in the midst of a great era of SU athletics and should appreciate that most of all. We don't know how long JB or HCDM will be around, don't know how graceful the transition to the ACC will be, and don't know what the future holds for sure, but we have strong athletics programs that should make us all proud and thankful. It's a great time to be an SU fan. There may be a lot of concern over what DM is going to do now, but I'm grateful to all of the coaches & support staff, TGD & the administration, and especially all of the athletes that are making SU a significant athletic brand on a national level.

Thank you all and best wishes for you and yours in 2013.

Great post! I echo all of your comments, and here's to many more years of amazing SU athletics success!

What's really scary is that we could enter the ACC with new head coaches in football and basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom