A little inside info | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

A little inside info

So let’s be clear here….he was clearly QB2.
He never said that. He said that Lamson truly felt he deserved the opportunity to start and when he was told after the spring that it was Shrader who was going to start, that basically as soon as Shrader was cleared to play that he was going to be the starter. That there would not be a competition come fall for the number 1 spot. That is when he decided to transfer.

He never said that. He said that Lamson truly felt he deserved the opportunity to start and when he was told after the spring that it was Shrader who was going to start, that basically as soon as Shrader was cleared to play that he was going to be the starter. That there would not be a competition come fall for the number 1 spot. That is when he decided to transfer.
Darn. Maybe the coaches should've been less up front... kidding... sort of.

Right, that is not a admirable mindset. Most QB's think they should start. I liked Lamson but to leave because you wanted to play over Shrader shows a character flaw.
It sounds like he was looking for an open QB competition in the fall and when he was told in the Spring going into his third year into the program that wasn’t happening he left. And I’m sure he picked a transfer destination based on there being an open QB competition at least. So I don’t really see what’s wrong with that. We applaud kids that portal here for better depth chart situations/playing time. I don’t see how this is any different. If he wants to start now then he needs to go somewhere else. It’s really that simple. Because he’s not staring over Shrader.

It sounds like he was looking for an open QB competition in the fall and when he was told in the Spring going into his third year into the program that wasn’t happening he left. And I’m sure he picked a transfer destination based on there being an open QB competition at least. So I don’t really see what’s wrong with that. We applaud kids that portal here for better depth chart situations/playing time. I don’t see how this is any different. If he wants to start now then he needs to go somewhere else. It’s really that simple. Because he’s not staring over Shrader.
Lets just say my thoughts are influenced by other things Ive heard.

That is what I was told. Lamson actually felt strongly that he was the better QB. Can't fault him for that but obviously the coaches made the only decision they should have made.

That is what I was told. Lamson actually felt strongly that he was the better QB. Can't fault him for that but obviously the coaches made the only decision they should have made.
Proof is in the pudding if he starts for Stanford this year and does well. Guess we’ll see…

But yeah he wasn’t starting over Shrader and no fault on the staff for that. He was a loss though and our QB depth chart is a lot weaker without him.

Proof is in the pudding if he starts for Stanford this year and does well. Guess we’ll see…

But yeah he wasn’t starting over Shrader and no fault on the staff for that. He was a loss though and our QB depth chart is a lot weaker without him.
He should be able to play there. None of Stanford's QB's are as good as Shrader. They don't come close to the experience he has.

Seems to be a clash between confidence and overconfidence.

so mentally start preparing for Perry to be in portal after next season?

It’s one thing to think you should start, it’s another to transfer because you think you should start
I agree, frankly, I think it shows a lack of maturity or leadership in this instance

This is the right take. Maybe he’s better than Shrader. We’ll only know by seeing him play.

I just put myself in the mindset that everyone will be in the portal. Much less surprise and disappointment that way.
That doesn't help me because then it just confirms in my mind we'll never have a chance to compete.

I don't know Lamson personally. I have witnessed many qb's who have transferred who have had great success. Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Troy Aikman, Jacoby Brissett and others. Not understanding him transferring as being some kind of a bad thing or character flaw. I get that he isn't going to unseat Garrett. I hope he gets the starting job at Stanford and has a great season this year. If Sellers hadn't backed out of his commitment last year there was a good chance he would have been recruited over.

Wouldn’t it be incredible if four quarterbacks leave Syracuse - five if you count Tommy “Gun” Devito - and immediately start at their new schools?

Markiewicz - Texas State

Sellers - South Carolina

Morgan - Jackson State

Lamson - Stanford

I’m not sure I would know what to think about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom