A little inside info | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

A little inside info

I would think 2 things:
1) Shrader is pretty good, and
2) waiting for a chance that may or may not ever come is not on everyone’s list of what to do.

Wouldn’t it be incredible if four quarterbacks leave Syracuse - five if you count Tommy “Gun” Devito - and immediately start at their new schools?

Markiewicz - Texas State

Sellers - South Carolina

Morgan - Jackson State

Lamson - Stanford

I’m not sure I would know what to think about that.
B u t t h e s t a f f c a n ' t r e c r u i t , n o r c a n t h e y d e v e l o p p l a y e r s .

Wouldn’t it be incredible if four quarterbacks leave Syracuse - five if you count Tommy “Gun” Devito - and immediately start at their new schools?

Markiewicz - Texas State

Sellers - South Carolina

Morgan - Jackson State

Lamson - Stanford

Well Markiewicz never played from what I can tell at Texas State and I don’t believe he’s playing football anymore.

Sellers is competing for QB3 at SC and I doubt he starts as a true freshman. And he never really left per se, he decommitted.

Morgan is at a 1AA and Jackson State isn’t the same post Prime either. So not really comparable to Syracuse. But I think it’s a great fit for him and hopefully he tears it up there.

Lamson has a good shot to start based on the depth chart at Stanford so he may be the only one of the 3 transfers starting at QB post transfer at a comparable school.

Markiewicz - Texas State

Sellers - South Carolina

Morgan - Jackson State

Lamson - Stanford

Maybe that in Shrader we have one heck of a QB and leader

Yes I have a very good feeling about this team and this season approaching. You seem to have a lot of the groups was quarterback. A lot more depth than We are accustomed to.

That is great to hear that bliech is looking very very good! looks like we could have another offensive lineman going high in the draft.

I'm also extremely excited about the WR's and the defensive backs specifically, especially that core that 3 some or 4 studs from New Jersey that I really wish We were playing rutgirls this year so they could smash them. Lol but none the less they are very intriguing to me

Thanks kcsu!

Fantastic news about Bleich. if he can be ready to go to start the season and with the addition of Reed I feel pretty good about the IOL. Also seems like Ellis is in better shape and I think that area of the OL will be an upgrade. We'll be a bit weaker at Tackles losing Bergeron but I think Cruz just needs another game or two and he can develop and be fairly solid. If he's solid then RT is the only spot where i'm unsure what were going to get. But if that is our only semi weak spot then Shrader can see that coming and avoid it more easily if were good at the other spots. If we can be adequate at RT then the offense should be solid this year.

I expect good things from Jones at WR as well. I'm betting he'll be number 2 in WR production.

DL should be very deep for sure. I completely expect Perry to be a beast and NFL player. We have so much depth on DL this year but with the loss of Geer I guess why wouldn't he play? He's completely ready physically to dominate. You have to play him while you have him on the roster.

Would be a great upgrade to have a solid punter.

CB is the position group we are thinnest on numbers and experience. With the solid DL and LB groups I think they can create Havoc with Long's orchestration and not have the CB's covering too long. But hopefully Travis Fisher is getting the young CB's coached up and ready to hold their own.
Yeah but with the transfers coming in I think we'll be solid at corner back

That is great to hear that bliech is looking very very good! looks like we could have another offensive lineman going high in the draft.
A healthy bleuch is very good news for the OL, but nobody said he’s going to be drafted.

A healthy bleuch is very good news for the OL, but nobody said he’s going to be drafted.
Well I mean I did you're just my opinion? I'm not saying a 100%. I'm just saying the kid came from Florida so he was highly recruited & he obviously had a lot of gifts and physicality coming out and if he can get all the coaching and Technique down et cetera I could see him getting to that level that's all. I was saying I'm not saying oh hes gonna be drafted. I'm saying he could be big difference

Well I mean I did you're just my opinion? I'm not saying a 100%. I'm just saying the kid came from Florida so he was highly recruited & he obviously had a lot of gifts and physicality coming out and if he can get all the coaching and Technique down et cetera I could see him getting to that level that's all. I was saying I'm not saying oh hes gonna be drafted. I'm saying he could be big difference
Health has always been an issue for Bleech since he was hurt at Florida.
Like the Oline if bleech is healthy. We have depth. RT will be the position to see how things shake out.

Yeah but with the transfers coming in I think we'll be solid at corner back
I got the sense from my conversation that we not only lost two really good players but lost two guys that were respected and loved by their teammates. Guys like that are really tough to replace.

I got the sense from my conversation that we not only lost two really good players but lost two guys that were respected and loved by their teammates. Guys like that are really tough to replace.
I mean yes that is probably true but I'll counter with this Even though I'm not saying my argument is better than yours just saying that all these guys, that really intrigues me is that they all have the physical talent to be big time coming out of high school right? Which they were, they're all from the same area so they all know each other.

And this I love the most,. Being that they're all from the same area they all know each other, So there's a lot of cohesiveness already there so that's why I think it could be something special but we'll see

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom