A little surprised | Syracusefan.com

A little surprised

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
We haven't heard of more verbal decommits. I know we wont know for 18 days (or more) but it would seem a positive sign

Must have been Allen calling all these kids and pleading with them not to jump ship ...

Kudos goes out to Coach Shafer. I have to say I was one of those that thought SU moved too quickly, but with the hiring of McDonald and Lester, I think we got a huge upgrade and wouldn't be surprised come signing day that they bring in some talent. I believe we will do well and exceed expectations in the ACC with this team.

Must have been Allen calling all these kids and pleading with them not to jump ship ...
I think ZA made a mistake. That is the youth of today, we all make them and only time will tell what comes of it.

I still think we will lose one or possibly two others from this class. I certainly hope not and kudos to HCSS and his new staff for jumping on recruiting big time. having said that, I have a feeling we will get a couple of positive surprises come signing day. Most interesting to me are the recent reported offers to a number of WR's. tells me that McDonald believes he needs more talent/bodies at that position to run the type of offense he likes.

I think its more thats who he was recruiting and had contacts with when he left miami for ark than anything we had.

Since so many of the kids left didnt play yet and he cant have contact with them he couldnt know what we have .

I dont doubt though that many of the WR he was recruiting might be pretty good athletes.

Well in 2 1/2 weeks we will soon find out how well we are doing for certain. I like what SS has done so far I'm hoping that if we do get some flips away from SU we will then counter with some to come here, and hopefully upgrades as well.

We're probably going to lose Gus and Laray (he was definitely coming here before the staff left). The loss of Anselmo will hurt with those two. Wayne Williams worries me too because his quote was "as long as Anselmo's there I'm good". Think we'll be fine with the others, though.

I think ZA made a mistake. That is the youth of today, we all make them and only time will tell what comes of it.
yes, you know what is better for Allen than himself and his family. Get over it. Oh Lord

We're probably going to lose Gus and Laray (he was definitely coming here before the staff left). The loss of Anselmo will hurt with those two. Wayne Williams worries me too because his quote was "as long as Anselmo's there I'm good". Think we'll be fine with the others, though.

Williams also had a quote that said he was committed to a school not a coach.

I thought WW signed his LOI?

It is early, but kudos to the new staff for keeping the class intact.

Decommits could very well happen, but we should also be recipients of a few flips to our benefit.

Gus visiting FSU this weekend. And I'm with bnoro, I believe we'll lose Gus. His friends are still here though and there was a rumor our staff just visited him and it went well.

We'll see what happens.

If he was enrolling in the winter he would have but summer recruits sign on NSD.
Oh, ok. So that's how that works.

I thought that JUCO's had their own separate day for LOI.

Priority #1 had to be contacting our existing verbals and try to reassure them to stay in the fold. Marrone's sudden, unexpected departure, and his subsequent poaching most of our old staff (despite his initial reassurances to the contrary), left our recruits confused and dangling out in the wind, so to speak. At the same time, there was an urgency for HCSS to identify and officially name an OC and key position coaches. It appears that in recent days the staff has moved on to the pursuit of new recruits, who for the most part appear to be guys the new coaches had previous contact with.

I'm really not expecting miracles with this class, and I'm sure there is a mad scramble on our recruiting board. If the staff can retain most of the previous verbals, and maybe add a few decent new guys (as I recall, we only have 6 or 8 spots left), they will have done a good job IMO. The recruiting process generally begins months (years for the elite recruits) before of LOI day, and there's only so much ground they can hope to make up at this late juncture. The real test of the new staff's recruiting prowess will come with next year's class.

I don't think Gus decommits until he visits RU.
FYI, reports today are that RU OC Dave Brock will be named the new HC at Delaware. Rutgers will apparently be in the market for their 4th OC in as many years, so from Edwards' perspective, the situation with the offense at RU must appear far more unstable than at Syracuse. And with sanctions pending, things don't look much rosier at Miami (his other scheduled visit).

FYI, reports today are that RU OC Dave Brock will be named the new HC at Delaware. Rutgers will apparently be in the market for their 4th OC in as many years, so from Edwards' perspective, the situation with the offense at RU must appear far more unstable than at Syracuse. And with sanctions pending, things don't look much rosier at Miami (his other scheduled visit).
He's going to FSU this weekend. That's where I think he ends up.

Seems more likely, although their RB depth chart situation (where the #1 and #2 TBs, Devonta Freeman and James Wilder, were both Sophs this season) is not particularly favorable.

I hope not. For us and for him. Shafer didn't have kind words to say about committing to teams we will be playing.

I guess worse case scenario, we get Clemson with EO and FSU with Gus - should be entertaining at least.

I know the NYC pipeline is a lifeline of talent for our program, but could we have been placing too big a value on NYC as a recruiting area? I mean...NYC isn't the only source of 3 and 4 star talent, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom