A lot of work to do | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

A lot of work to do

Defense played quite well till the line / depth died. Pulled it out.

O line getting no push whatsoever. Something is up. We had massive holes last year. This year there is no room. I think part is scheme. There’s no misdirection or counters either. Not sure that matters but the blocking is piss poor.

Tucker was starting to do something, we had 2nd and 5 after the penalty and we pass the ball. Schader gets sacked. We were already in FG range, why risk a sack but we did. It almost took us out of FG range. SMH.
In fairness to Anae, he’s probably not used to living in a world where your qb turns his back to the line of scrimmage, runs backwards for 20 yards, then takes a sack. That only happens in Syracuse.

In fairness to Anae, he’s probably not used to living in a world where your qb turns his back to the line of scrimmage, runs backwards for 20 yards, then takes a sack. That only happens in Syracuse.
Yeah they don't teach that at BYU.

One thing I will say tho is I have respect for Tony Elliot he seems like a good guy he and his team Kneeled for tucker and I believe he helped one of our players up . I will root for him as long as it’s not against us.

Last edited:
Why did Anae keep calling dives!? I was telling my kids that we can keep giving Tucker the ball though have to make it off tackle or options. Quit running up the middle when we can't block.
Yeah I didn’t quite understand it either. It clearly wasn’t working. Gadsden over the middle was. Even the announcers were seeing it. Needed to keep going to him for chunk yardage until UVA stopped it and maybe that would have helped open things up.

We also should have had 30 points on the board at halftime or close to it. Though I am not sure the D plays that well if its close.

I'm pretty happy with our D.

Its a weird situation with Shrader hes infuriating but he had no run game tonight. The WRs are bad other than Gadsden. Running backwards at the end and not throwing one up for grabs on the free play is crazy but he did what he always does and got it back for the FG attempt.
He literally had no help for most of the game outside of Gadsden. 3 of the players he needs to rely on in addition to him - Jackson, Peña and Tucker - all lost fumbles. The line played their worst game of the year, there was no run game and you could see he was just trying to force things. The bad sacks and the bad throws were force plays for the most part - trying to make things happen when he should have just thrown it away. We had the same issues with Dungey at times as well. He’ll learn from it. Jason Beck is a very good QB coach and I’m sure he’s going to be all over him on it.

Last edited:
Yeah. Predicted to win 5 or 6. Keep playing like this, and that may be right. Even with these awesome new coaches.

We've seen this before. I'm still hoping for something different. But don't be surprised that people are a little on edge.

We’re 4-0, soon to be 5-0 and I’m going to enjoy every minute of it.

But we better figure out how to run the ball and how to stop the penalties. That was a lousy effort by a veteran OL tonight.

After Wagner, we play the best 4 defenses we will see this year in consecutive weeks. We can’t take too much air out of this balloon.

But hey, how many times have we seen 5-0. So let’s enjoy the next 3 weeks.

These are the type of Threads that make me take a break from the board. The teams projected over/under in vegas was 4 wins. They have that in week 4. You have an undefeated team with a warrior for qb and now he’s no good Bc they won by 2?! Now there’s a lot to work on when you’re 4-0? Everyone here woulda been thrilled to be 2-2 when this started 4 weeks ago. Good lord everyone, this is such a Syracuse attitude to be miserable when they win.
Yep. Stay away from the game threads too.

The O-line was a POS tonight. We need to hold on the ball and get more receivers involved. However we will take the win but yes a lot of work to be done before Wake Forrest .
Looking past NC St takes some cajones

The team looks banged up from a very physical game last week vs Purdue and I think they underestimated UVa.

Get healthy next week. Bench as many people as possible. Hopefully Lockett is ok on October 15.

We’re 4-0, soon to be 5-0 and I’m going to enjoy every minute of it.

But we better figure out how to run the ball and how to stop the penalties. That was a lousy effort by a veteran OL tonight.

After Wagner, we play the best 4 defenses we will see this year in consecutive weeks. We can’t take too much air out of this balloon.

But hey, how many times have we seen 5-0. So let’s enjoy the next 3 weeks.
Yeah I’m not sure what happened to Davis as he’s usually better than that but Vett - man oh man. I wish we had someone better at C we could plug in.

Wagner and bye are exactly what we need. This team is beat up, exhausted and needs to rest and reset. Seriously dont play the starters more than 1 Q. Give everyone time to get better.

Yeah beat up is how they looked gutting through it too. Wagner should provide a much needed cupcake for the guys to get some positive work in for the run game and then just get healthier and take the next step in getting better. What got us to 3-0 and 4-0 is not going to cut it when it comes to winning games after Wagner.

My pulse still hasn't returned to normal and that is not a lie.

We were terribly sloppy, but we still won because of the "D" and our kicking game. So, if you play bad and still win that's a good thing, I think.

I don't understand running Tucker off tackle all night. Have we got any plays where he runs to the boundaries?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom