A lot of work to do | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A lot of work to do

Tucker has seriously regressed I don't think people realize how good he was last year. We are 4-0 despite this. Jones loss was huge he was clearly the best WR other than Gadsden.

Just because we weren't great this week or last doesn't mean we wont play well vs NC State.
Honestly, think Tucker is at like 60-70%. He’s dealing with something.

It doesn't help that the OL flat out sucks at run blocking. I knew Veterello at center would come back to bite us on the A$$.
It's what you get when all your OL recruiting yields is 240 lb 2-star players

Maybe you forget how the one we sent to Ill played for us.

We needed a QB when Tommy was playing and we still need a QB now that GS is playing. GS is a football player I will give him that but he isn’t a good QB.

We should send their FG kicker a thank you card.

Not his fault - both misses woulda been a new career long for him.

That’s on the coach.

They really shoulda gone for it on 4th both times - likely get at least 1 of them.

But he didn’t, so we dodged more bullets than Neo tonite.

the matrix GIF

It doesn't help that the OL flat out sucks at run blocking. I knew Veterello at center would come back to bite us on the A$$.
Why did Anae keep calling dives!? I was telling my kids that we can keep giving Tucker the ball though have to make it off tackle or options. Quit running up the middle when we can't block.

It’s really funny though, a team that was supposed to be MAYBE winning 5/6 games, and MAYBE scratching out a 3-2 start is now getting criticized because they didn’t play well enough in a win.

Might I remind you all this is a team who won 5 games last year and 1 game the year before that?

Enjoy the wins, this is not a playoff caliber team, and probably isn’t even a division championship team - the ride is fun and stressful but don’t get your panties in a bunch because they’re not blowing the doors off people.

We needed a QB when Tommy was playing and we still need a QB now that GS is playing. GS is a football player I will give him that but he isn’t a good QB.
He’s a good QB. Cmon.

He’s a gutter and gamer. Strong leadership. But freaks out when he has three seconds in the pocket and doesn’t know how to throw it away.

But him not throwing it away is somehow 50x better than how Tommy didn’t know how to throw it away.

If you don’t turn the ball over 4 times (really just take back the turnover inside the 10), this game is very different.

We also should have had 30 points on the board at halftime or close to it. Though I am not sure the D plays that well if its close.

I'm pretty happy with our D.

Its a weird situation with Shrader hes infuriating but he had no run game tonight. The WRs are bad other than Gadsden. Running backwards at the end and not throwing one up for grabs on the free play is crazy but he did what he always does and got it back for the FG attempt.

Honestly, think Tucker is at like 60-70%. He’s dealing with something.

Absolutely. No way he goes down like that if hes not playing hurt. He doesn't have what he did last year though he can still run at full speed and is jacked. Hes just not slipping out of tackles anymore and isn't as shifty.

He put up all those yards behind a poor OL too its not like we were Michigan State last year where any RB would have had gaudy stats.

They should give him 2 weeks off I assume he wants to pick up stats vs Wagner but its not a good idea.

I don't think he'll hold up until the BC game with whatever ailment it is give him the time to heal up now.

It’s really funny though, a team that was supposed to be MAYBE winning 5/6 games, and MAYBE scratching out a 3-2 start is now getting criticized because they didn’t play well enough in a win.

Might I remind you all this is a team who won 5 games last year and 1 game the year before that?

Enjoy the wins, this is not a playoff caliber team, and probably isn’t even a division championship team - the ride is fun and stressful but don’t get your panties in a bunch because they’re not blowing the doors off people.
Is it too much to ask for some discipline, HS-level clock/game management and basic football IQ?

If the OL needs to be fixed. Tucker ain’t coming back here one way or the other.

Totally Disagree - Garrett is a gamer and a winner. His passing game is 100% better than last season.

So, yeah, he isnt going to be a Top Ten draft pick, but I think he is a perfect fit for what our team needs at QB.

He fights, he is clutch, and he wins, that is what you call a (Saltine) Warrior !!! (to borrow from another poster after last weeks game)

His run after the sack was huge !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom